List Mgmt. Welcome to Richmond Ben Lennon Pick #12

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big 2-3 preseasons essential. Hanging around Foley would be a good start.

Comes across as a little cocksure, but clearly has some special tools.

Really hope he plays 9-12 VFL games first. No hurry and must improve tank and speed. Will take a while.

I am stoked we got him! Early days he may play HFF or HBF as he is just a majestic natural user of the footy, I will go so far as to say he is a better set up kick then Dusty. He has this wonderful soft touch by foot if he needs to chip in traffic or a ****en skud missile of a long kick. People don't mention his elite hands, he also has amazing footy awareness so I see in a year or two he becoming a midfielder.

Stoked

I am stoked we got him! Early days he may play HFF or HBF as he is just a majestic natural user of the footy, I will go so far as to say he is a better set up kick then Dusty. He has this wonderful soft touch by foot if he needs to chip in traffic or a ****en skud missile of a long kick. People don't mention his elite hands, he also has amazing footy awareness so I see in a year or two he becoming a midfielder.

Stoked

The Missile. James Magnussen should give up the title.

Stoked

I do constantly. He has the cleanest hands i've seen. Just never fumbles and it gives him that extra second around packs, long term i see him being a really good inside mid with a cannon in his leg.

I think this kid adds real x-factor to your team as he can just do circle work around the ground playing everywhere. I think at pick 12 getting lennon could be a another young star to all the tuff kids you have and help you smash the blues next year if u play them in finals again by 40 points so i hope you like my post and good luck for 2014.

I heard that too.

But don't listen to Mark Fine on SEN. He's an NFI knob who makes a living from verbal diarrhea.
This is the same guy who believed Ross Lyon at St.Kilda was on the right track playing an ageing team, then suggested Lyon was a traitor for taking a better wage from Freo after St.Kilda refused to give Lyon a YES or NO on any future contracts, then Fine bemoaned the fact that Lyon didn't play more youth. The guy blows in the wind like a confused sheep's dag.

St.Kilda supporters have one flag, no football relevance and support a team who'd rather take photographs of each other with their pants down, then clean out a club full of old hacks.

Mark Fine wouldn't get a touch if he played on Harper.
Mark Fine will ban you if you don't agree with his deluded logic on football.
And SEN will improve when that flog gets off the airwaves.

hahahaha... talk about waking an angry beast. ****ing pissing myself... you been holding that in for too long delibs!

Old school. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the fact that Lenny was hoping all year to be picked by us and last night was nervous that the filth may have picked him at 10

Ben Lennon is and always was 1 of us!

at least 12 games for Ben next year
Except for the bit where he was happy to see us get beat in the EF.

Looks like we've gone with recent history in 'good kicks that go when it's their turn'.

Pretty smooth mover but going from the package he looks to hang out a bit when the ball is at ground level?
He definitely has no problem going when the ball is in the air but I worry from the short clip that he won't go for the ground ball.

I hope I'm wrong as he looks like someone that will walk straight in if Chris Knights goes down again.

I dont think O"Hanlon will be done. Maybe selecting Lennon will put more pressure on him to develop.
Who was Lennon "likend" to?

Obviously not discounting him yet, but would have to do something spectacular to turn it around. So far has not shown any ability to go the midfield. Only hope for me is that he takes over the role that A. Edwards plays.

Jack Riewoldt had a lack of athleticism but great skills, but that lack of athleticism meant clubs didn't even want to look at him.

Funny how that turned out.

Exactly what I was going to say!

On paper, Gumbleton and Hansen at picks 2 and 3 had all the athletic traits, while Jack was simply the smartest. I like FJ's sense of priorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back