Toast Welcome to the SUNS - Jack Lukosius

Remove this Banner Ad

Lukosius still dreams of partnering with fellow top 10 draft pick Ben King in the forward line further into their careers but the 19-year-old predicts he will feature down back next season.

“I played across all three lines throughout the year but I settled down back in the last 10 rounds or so,” Lukosius said.

“I was really enjoying it back there. It would be good to make an impact down there again next year but I’m still open to playing wherever (coach Stuart Dew) wants me to.

“I have got some footy smarts and can read the ball in the air. If you can do that you can play back and watch the ball coming at you or you can play forward and make your own decisions.

“I have the tools to play at either end of the ground so it will come down to what is best for the club and me.”

I was confident he'd re-sign but it will fantastic to watch him in action (along with King) next season knowing they are 100% loving the club and committed. It was difficult watching them develop and hearing from the SA and Vic flogs that they are guaranteed to return. For the first time since the pre season 2015 I'm excited with what's happening and feel like we've got a real future.
One of my boys will be wearing his number once they are released. Does anyone know when they announce numbers? Is it jumper presentation day normally?

So how do you guys think he is looking down back?
If Luko becomes your intercept marker back there what does that mean for Collins? Is Collins capable of playing a 1 vs 1 lock down/key position defender role?
From memory, I thought Collins was brought in to do that intercept role but he wasn't known as a great key defender.

So how do you guys think he is looking down back?
If Luko becomes your intercept marker back there what does that mean for Collins? Is Collins capable of playing a 1 vs 1 lock down/key position defender role?
From memory, I thought Collins was brought in to do that intercept role but he wasn't known as a great key defender.

Collins and Lukosius will both play in the back six every game, barring injuries...and Thompson will play the 1v1 lock down role when he returns.

Think it's worth pointing out that Luko will play his 99th AFL game this weekend, which means he's on track to play game 100 on the Gold Coast in our R5 clash against Hawthorn. 23 years old and about to hit 100 AFL games - we're about to launch into the best years of Jack Lukosius and the exciting part for us is that he's committed to us until at least the end of 2026. How exciting and Jack deserves to be celebrated properly next week in his 100th AFL game.

Think it's worth pointing out that Luko will play his 99th AFL game this weekend, which means he's on track to play game 100 on the Gold Coast in our R5 clash against Hawthorn. 23 years old and about to hit 100 AFL games - we're about to launch into the best years of Jack Lukosius and the exciting part for us is that he's committed to us until at least the end of 2026. How exciting and Jack deserves to be celebrated properly next week in his 100th AFL game.
The little fact that he's playing his 99th game in SA and likely his 100th game on the GC tickles me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back