List Mgmt. Welcome to West Coast - (Brownlow Medalist) Sam Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2016-10-24/eagles-go-to-school-on-xman

The Eagles also will consider adding their other trade acquisition, Sam Mitchell, to the leadership group in 2017.

Mitchell’s experience and leadership is clear, but Vozzo said although the 307-game veteran definitely won’t be part of the coaching staff in 2017, a leadership role hasn’t been discussed.

“We haven’t talked about the leadership group at this stage,” Vozzo said.

“That’ll be something for Adam to consider and we’ll make a call later on, it’s not something we’ve talked about.

Intredasting. He'll definitely be a leader on-field. Whether that is official or not doesn't really matter.
Reckon it's weird to put him in the leadership group.

He's obviously in transition to being the coach, so that should be sufficient. Leadership group should be earned over time

He's obviously in transition to being the coach, so that should be sufficient. Leadership group should be earned over time

Depends on the player IMO

Judd walked straight into the captaincy at Carlton for example.

Mind you thought leadership (particularly by the Captain) was lacking quite badly last year at times. Made the comment previously that it appeared that the role of Captain did not sit comfortably with Hurn. No doubt the Club will make the correct decision selecting the leaders for the Club in 2017.

But if there are wanky titles he deserves one. He's clearly going to be a very strong voice so he may as well have the title. I'd be extremely disappointed if he wasn't in the leadership group bouncing ideas.
Apparently Mitchell is inclined to be quite yappy on field, so he probably won't be able to help himself continuing on in this vein.

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2016-10-24/eagles-go-to-school-on-xman

The Eagles also will consider adding their other trade acquisition, Sam Mitchell, to the leadership group in 2017.

Mitchell’s experience and leadership is clear, but Vozzo said although the 307-game veteran definitely won’t be part of the coaching staff in 2017, a leadership role hasn’t been discussed.

“We haven’t talked about the leadership group at this stage,” Vozzo said.

“That’ll be something for Adam to consider and we’ll make a call later on, it’s not something we’ve talked about.

Intredasting. He'll definitely be a leader on-field. Whether that is official or not doesn't really matter.
WTF ONLY CONSIDERING? IS THIS A ******* JOKE?????

My god! I would thought the eagles would have been smart enough to guarantee sam mitch a hawks PAST CAPTAIN a position as leadership......

HOW IS SAM MITCH GOING TO BE BARKING ORDERS AND SCREAMING AT OUR PLAYERS? IF mitch isn't part of leadership group then I can see him be very freaking shy cos of new club and all. At least with leadership he will think that he is allowed to bark orders/expected to.....

THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T SEE A NON LEADERSHIP GROUP BARKING ORDER COS LEADERSHIP= ALLOWED TO BARK ORDER/ARE EXPECTED TO

HOW IS SAM MITCH GOING TO BE BORKING ORDERS AND SCREAMING AT OUR PLAYERS? IF mitch isn't part of leadership group then I can see him be very freaking shy cos of new club and all. At least with leadership he will think that he is allowed to bork orders/expected to.....

THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T SEE A NON LEADERSHIP GROUP BORKING ORDER COS LEADERSHIP= ALLOWED TO BORK ORDER/ARE EXPECTED TO

Uh oh....
borkdrive.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whether or not he gets the official title or not he will naturally become one of the leaders. I feel a bit sorry for hurn as it may be awkward for him. Too bad we didn't get him 3 years ago he could be a vc in his first year and possibly captain beyond that. I reckon most of Our blokes have struggled psychologically against the hawks because they feel inferior. The players will want Sam to lead them in some way...

My god! I would thought the eagles would have been smart enough to guarantee sam mitch a hawks PAST CAPTAIN a position as leadership......

HOW IS SAM MITCH GOING TO BE BARKING ORDERS AND SCREAMING AT OUR PLAYERS? IF mitch isn't part of leadership group then I can see him be very freaking shy cos of new club and all. At least with leadership he will think that he is allowed to bark orders/expected to.....

THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T SEE A NON LEADERSHIP GROUP BARKING ORDER COS LEADERSHIP= ALLOWED TO BARK ORDER/ARE EXPECTED TO
Hahaha

No stress mate...He's an on field leader through actions anyway.
The boys will respect and listen to him regardless given everything he's accomplished and the respect he commands on field.

Leadership group is basically solely off-field stuff - like disciplinary decisions for players who have ****ed up, representing the club in media, etc.

For that reason it's weird for him to be added to the group. As others have mentioned of course he's going to be a leader on-field, you don't have to be a part of the group to do that.

I just heard my keyboard yelp.

Completely unrelated its hard coaching guys you played with. 1 minute ur pissed in a gutter hiding a mates coke from cops the next you are telling him to be in bed by 9 and run repeat hundreds.

******* lol

Your mind must be a scary place

Completely unrelated its hard coaching guys you played with. 1 minute ur pissed in a gutter hiding a mates coke from cops the next you are telling him to be in bed by 9 and run repeat hundreds.
Agree, but this is kind of the best of both worlds. Not a teammate for long enough to form that kind of matesy bond, but long enough to know how to get the best out of them as a coach.

In theory anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Back