We're a s**t Show - Fagan is a Complete Fraud, We're Rotten to the Core

Remove this Banner Ad

Who down at the club do people have complete faith in?

Hamish Ogilvie
Doc Clarke (as women's coach)
Emma Bahr
That Binuk guy
Saunders maybe?
Tom Doedee
Daniel Talia
Luke Brown
Marty Mattner

It's a short list.
Talia should be our captain.

He has fronted the media this week. Tex and Sloaney unsighted.

Should be Talia Captain, Tex and Sloaney Vice Captains. Doedee Deputy Vice.

That is it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Talia should be our captain.

He has fronted the media this week. Tex and Sloaney unsighted.

Should be Talia Captain, Tex and Sloaney Vice Captains. Doedee Deputy Vice.

That is it.

I couldn’t believe he wasn’t in the leadership group last year. Lynch in ahead of him - ridiculous.

Care to provide a summary?

Listening to it at the moment (on the David and Will podcast from yesterday), Penbo took him to task for not being as visible in the media as Koch and especially for the handling of Dougy's 'retirement'. Fages came back and said the AFC have more direct face-to-face engagement with fans, its just not through the media, and that they are trying to be as transparent as possible with some issues remaining confidential

This part was also interesting...

Will: 'What are your views? Where do you think its gone wrong this year?'

Fages: 'I'm not going to share those views and pre-empt the review'

Will: 'Dont the members deserve to hear from the CEO what he thinks went wrong the last 2 years?'

Fages: 'Yeah and they will through the review, I just think its important to respect the integrity of the review and the review process I think that is critically important. I dont want to be here talking about those things prior to the players sharing their views and the coaches sharing their views. I don't want to be influencing that'

Listening to it at the moment (on the David and Will podcast from yesterday), Penbo took him to task for not being as visible in the media as Koch and especially for the handling of Dougy's 'retirement'. Fages came back and said the AFC have more direct face-to-face engagement with fans, its just not through the media, and that they are trying to be as transparent as possible with some issues remaining confidential

Will: 'Dont the members deserve to hear from the CEO what he thinks went wrong the last 2 years?'

Fages: 'Yeah and they will through the review, I just think its important to respect the integrity of the review and the review process I think that is critically important. I dont want to be here talking about those things prior to the players sharing their views and the coaches sharing their views. I don't want to be influencing that'

“What’s football? I’m a rugby man, don’t ask hard questions”

Probably as a result of them getting slammed after Chapman basically stated that everyone at the AFC is a gun - which leads to the question; why is an external review needed?

Who? The 2% of the fan base who will drink the Club cool aide to wash down their BYO apricot slices? Or is he referring to his own ghosted member update he puts out?

How is that possibly a "club for all South Australians" approach? In near 25 years of being a member, I've had the opportunity to be face to face with the club outside of the general media and sitting in the crowd on game day a total of four times. I get more direct engagement and insight of Collingwood's FC and coach and that's with me actively trying to avoid it.

If the question was 'What's gone right this year?', would the response have been the same so as to not influence the review?

Who? The 2% of the fan base who will drink the Club cool aide to wash down their BYO apricot slices? Or is he referring to his own ghosted member update he puts out?

How is that possibly a "club for all South Australians" approach? In near 25 years of being a member, I've had the opportunity to be face to face with the club outside of the general media and sitting in the crowd on game day a total of four times. I get more direct engagement and insight of Collingwood's FC and coach and that's with me actively trying to avoid it.
Someone else posted a good explanation of this

Just because you have a Crow Show, just because you pump out 100 videos of players pranking Brodie Smith, just because #weflyasone is overwhelmed by content when we are winning and Legacy eSports when we dont : doesnt mean more direct fan engagement : its flooding the media with the message you control

Fan engagement is responding on the front foot when crisis occurs , not 6 months later with a Press Conference, fan engagement is responding to twitter enquiries ( which I have seen more direct responses this week than any other) fan engagement is getting ahead of the story not lagging behind.

Has the AFC disputed the Eddie Betts story? #weflyasone has a snippet about the SANFL finals so there is someone in the office putting out 1 tweet. Why not a quick ''Recent headlines and rumours are false. Eddie is contracted to the AFC and will be a part of 2020'' even if its BS at least they stop the flames

Its not that hard is it?

Shares his views and would get slammed for pre-empting, doesn't share his views and gets slammed. Can't win.

Shares his views and would get slammed for pre-empting, doesn't share his views and gets slammed. Can't win.
That is the issue with the talk of Burton by Roo and I think Chapman said it as well.

Roo certainly said the AFL suggested Burton is a good Footy Manager (or whatever the role is) when we were looking to replace Noble.

I doubt the reviewers heard the interview, but if Roo is part of setting the terms of reference and the preliminary review, that prejudice is there. The belief Burton is doing a good job in his current role.

And that prejudice has been made public.

Which is a concern, and I am certain Burton wont be moved on. Would actually be staggered if he was sacked. I form this belief from Roo (and I think Chapman) has said.

Fagan gave away nothing. I know many here want some answers now. But I would rather the review is respected rather than Fagan going off and giving his opinion now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst a tend to agree, I do think there’s a slight difference between suggesting areas that were not good and Chapman stating that everyone is brilliant.

The review needs to be independent. It's not independent if the CEO is speaking about the areas for improvement before it happens.

Unfortunately, for Bigfooty the review must produce certain outcomes or it's a sham. It's just a massive confirmation bias on here. The belief is Burton needs to be sacked etc., therefore any outcome that doesn't confirm pre-existing beliefs will be discarded by a number of illogical methods. Every logical fallacy in the book will be used. If it confirms pre-existing beliefs it will be "see, we were right all along". On Bigfooty, the club is damned if it does and damned if it doesn't.

Honesty has hurt the club the most. They have been caught out too many times.

It is difficult with player movement but they have to find a way to manage Dangerfield, Lever, McGovern and now possibly even Betts situations better. Confirming and denying rumours or saying 'we are waiting until the end of season' and then later admitting they knew all along just annoys members.

The review needs to be independent. It's not independent if the CEO is speaking about the areas for improvement before it happens.

Unfortunately, for Bigfooty the review must produce certain outcomes or it's a sham. It's just a massive confirmation bias on here. The belief is Burton needs to be sacked etc., therefore any outcome that doesn't confirm pre-existing beliefs will be discarded by a number of illogical methods. Every logical fallacy in the book will be used. If it confirms pre-existing beliefs it will be "see, we were right all along". On Bigfooty, the club is damned if it does and damned if it doesn't.

Nope 👎

The only thing damning the Adelaide Football club are it’s results.

Nothing more, nothing less

Nope 👎

The only thing damning the Adelaide Football club are it’s results.

Nothing more, nothing less

Exactly.

Two consecutive poor years following a Grand Final appearance demands change, and that is the bare minimum analysis without looking at past seasons or our entire history as a football club.

But apparently suggesting that is just me being a grumpy Bigfooty poster with no clue.

This is Reid's 4th year as list manager.
Year 1 Gibbs Debacle
Year 2 Over pay for Gibbs and lose Cameron and Lever
Year 3 McGovern leaves and pick swap

No ins except for Gibbs with 3 outs but every cooked player retained well beyond what was logical.

Since 2016 list Thompson Van Berlo Cheney and Henderson we our tough calls. FMD

Personally I think that response is good, exactly what he should say at this stage.

Year 1 Gibbs Debacle

No ins except for Gibbs with 3 outs but every cooked player retained well beyond what was logical.

Not great is it. Not sure it is his fault that Gov, Lever & Cameron wanted to leave and noone wants to come here though.
Apart from the Gibbs trade, his trading has been decent.

Someone else posted a good explanation of this

Just because you have a Crow Show, just because you pump out 100 videos of players pranking Brodie Smith, just because #weflyasone is overwhelmed by content when we are winning and Legacy eSports when we dont : doesnt mean more direct fan engagement : its flooding the media with the message you control

Fan engagement is responding on the front foot when crisis occurs , not 6 months later with a Press Conference, fan engagement is responding to twitter enquiries ( which I have seen more direct responses this week than any other) fan engagement is getting ahead of the story not lagging behind.

Has the AFC disputed the Eddie Betts story? #weflyasone has a snippet about the SANFL finals so there is someone in the office putting out 1 tweet. Why not a quick ''Recent headlines and rumours are false. Eddie is contracted to the AFC and will be a part of 2020'' even if its BS at least they stop the flames

Its not that hard is it?
I actually have Ian Shuttleworth in the top 3 or 4 that have to go (with Burton, Campo & Hart). Unless he's doing as he's told by Fagan, in which case it's Fagan that has to go.

Not great is it. Not sure it is his fault that Gov, Lever & Cameron wanted to leave and noone wants to come here though.
Apart from the Gibbs trade, his trading has been decent.
Signing Lynch Jenkins Sloane to 4 & 5 year deals
Keeping McKay Otten Sauce well past their due date
Not hitting the draft hard enough
Now we seem to be over reacting and going the other way if we aren't willing to give Keath 3 years.

To here Hamish say Worpel was our next choice well why the stuff didn't we organise another pick. Pick 45 a packet of chips

Now we seem to be over reacting and going the other way if we aren't willing to give Keath 3 years.

To here Hamish say Worpel was our next choice well why the stuff didn't we organise another pick. Pick 45 a packet of chips
There would've been a riot if we had lost the first 3 at the time. The JJ one in particular hasn't aged well
The next 3 no excuse really, backup at best. Seems likely they will leave/be delisted now at least
Is drafting his concern? Genuine question
Keath has been offered 2 years with a 3rd if certain criteria are met. He'd be almost 31 at the end of that, I can see why that's what we're offering

I could not have said it better myself. Well done!

Almost all of us have very little knowledge of what goes on inside of the club and most people would struggle to define what someone like Burton’s role is. Yet they will be adamant that he is crap at it.

He may be good, he may be crap, but i (and almost everyone on this board) is in no position to make an informed judgement.

Year 1 Gibbs Debacle

Is that right? Seems crazy to think we haven't done anything more than that ... either way.

Not great is an understatement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back