West Coast Eagles Priority Pick (2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

What picks did your mob pay for Nick Daicos again?

And Josh Diacos?

And Darcy Moore?

After the discounts.......etc etc etc.

Nice leg up there from the AFL father son rules looking after the traditional clubs far, far more often than other clubs.

Collingwood has had its lick of the icecream. They just won a flag with three father sons.
Are you colour blind? I'm a North Melbourne fan.

Eagles have $7m in cap space opening up over the next three years.

But you have a sook because the 18th team is crap and has so few stars between 23 and 27 peaking to spend the salary cap on.
This is pretty much the situation North were in. Very few AFL standard 25+ year olds due to expansion drafts and questionable drafting / bad luck. The Eagles should have a better chance of luring decent free agents with their cap space than North did. You will need some older heads to lead Ginbey, Hewitt, Reid, etc going forward.

I don’t like priority picks and believe all compromises to the draft should be removed. However, the precedent has been set for it over the last few years and if West Coast ask for it then they should get what was given to North.

You do realise no team has won a flag with academies since you won a flag with priorities
Darling pick might have been labelled priority, but really it was compo for losing pick 1 to gold coast. It was really us getting fked by the afl, getting 4 and 26 instead of 1. No club takes that deal .
Shuey I'll concede, but this was under a very different set of rules, and comparing to a club like the cats who won their premierships off the back of some very fortunate f/s picks, or the pies last year with f/s and academy, we comparatively had very little asisstance

I couldn't care less if WC get a 3rd rounder or whatever to trade. But it's peak bigfooty that it's the same loud WC posters who were calling north fans beggars last year and saying how their proud club and fan base would never stoop so low...

Now it's "our pick 19 moved back a little bit, give us free stuff!!!"

What picks did your mob pay for Nick Daicos again?

And Josh Diacos?

And Darcy Moore?

After the discounts.......etc etc etc.

Nice leg up there from the AFL father son rules looking after the traditional clubs far, far more often than other clubs.

Collingwood has had its lick of the icecream. They just won a flag with three father sons.
Collingwood got a discount on Darcy Moore but Nick Daicos was with their natural pick so there was no leg up.

And Josh Daicos was taken in the 50s, so everyone had a chance and nobody wanted him.

I couldn't care less if WC get a 3rd rounder or whatever to trade. But it's peak bigfooty that it's the same loud WC posters who were calling north fans beggars last year and saying how their proud club and fan base would never stoop so low...

How many years in a row did North put the hand out again?

After gutting it's list on purpose?

Personally I'm looking forward to WC getting priority picks so I can act like the self-righteous Carlton, Richmond and Hawthorn fans who disapprove of priority picks while pretending they didn't get them in the past.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood got a discount on Darcy Moore but Nick Daicos was with their natural pick so there was no leg up.

And Josh Daicos was taken in the 50s, so everyone had a chance and nobody wanted him.

Nick wasn't picked up as a father son?

He was bid on at pick 4. You got a nice 20% discount and paid for him with later picks.

Massive FS leg up. Massive.

As long as it takes for you to work it out. Trading your draft picks for Tim Kelly and keeping your aging list together too long so now you have to strip it bare isn't the rest of the competitions fault.

For years we were told how professionally run the eagles were and after 2 s**t seasons your fans want to hold their hands out like beggars.

What a joke

And North did the opposite and traded out their mature stars.

How did that go?

How do bottom teams rebuild when the teams above them are getting priority access and hit gather son jackpots more often?

The system set up by the AFL is not even when it comes to rebuilding. And natural advantages existing for Melbourne sides that others don't have.

So eventually these uneven systems and natural advantages greatly assist some teams but not others.

Totally outside the control of some clubs.

So either stop all the assistance or the AFL throws a bone to the poor dog who can't compete because of the uneven nature of the AFL managed competition.

And North did the opposite and traded out their mature stars.

How did that go?

How do bottom teams rebuild when the teams above them are getting priority access and hit gather son jackpots more often?

The system set up by the AFL is not even when it comes to rebuilding. And natural advantages existing for Melbourne sides that others don't have.

So eventually these uneven systems and natural advantages greatly assist some teams but not others.

Totally outside the control of some clubs.

So either stop all the assistance or the AFL throws a bone to the poor dog who can't compete because of the uneven nature of the AFL managed competition.
You've had your time at the top, time for you guys to sit out for a while. Enjoy.

You've had your time at the top, time for you guys to sit out for a while. Enjoy.

No prob Bob.

Can' you explain then why teams playing in grand finals and prelims are still getting assistance from the AFL?

Happy to rebuild through the draft with no assistance as long as teams at the top of the ladder also don't get anything.

It's a point you and others seem to just put aside and don't consider. Why is that?

The only reason why Eagles supporters are changing their minds is the fact that the AFL keeps giving top teams unfair advantages in recruitment.

Thats a fact. Indisputable.

So happy to get nothing. As long as the top teams stop getting handouts.

Fair?

How very dare you! | Dares, Catherine tate, Cute images

I Hope So GIF by Talk Stoop

media0.giphy.com/media/6OyrnAKxd46Rfall6K/200w.gif...

For You GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

YARN | I said Good Day, Sir! | The Mighty Boosh: Charliea S01E06 | Video  gifs by quotes | 9ccf7dcf | 紗

No prob Bob.

Can' you explain then why teams playing in grand finals and prelims are still getting assistance from the AFL?

Happy to rebuild through the draft with no assistance as long as teams at the tip of the ladder also don't get anything.

It's a point you and others seem to just put aside and don't consider.

The only reason why Eagles supporters are changing their minds is the fact that the AFL keeps giving tip teams unfair advantages in recruitment.

Thats a fact. Indisputable.

So happy to get nothing. As long as the top teams stop getting handouts.

Fair?
If you can't see that the AFL is more concerned about making sure the Northern states are viable and they want to make sure those financially struggling teams are at least competitive for their TV rights agreements then more fool you.
That's the problem with our comp when your large and successful, the AFL doesn't need you to be at the top unless youre currently going through a significant drought.
This comp has never been fair and the last thing they like seeing is the same teams win every year.

If you can't see that the AFL is more concerned about making sure the Northern states are viable and they want to make sure those financially struggling teams are at least competitive for their TV rights agreements then more fool you.
That's the problem with our comp when your large and successful, the AFL doesn't need you to be at the top unless youre currently going through a significant drought.
This comp has never been fair and the last thing they like seeing is the same teams win every year.
And all the while making sure the mug stays In Victoria, after the inquiry of course.

So I guess you are applying that scenario to Richmond also?
Absolutely, there is a reason why we have to worst umpiring differential in the comp since we won. The AFL don't like seeing teams dominate.
We won't get AFL assistance for a very long time, but unlike West Coast supporters we have survived a long premiership drought, I'm not sure your mob could handle it.

Absolutely, there is a reason why we have to worst umpiring differential in the comp since we won. The AFL don't like seeing teams dominate.
We won't get AFL assistance for a very long time, but unlike West Coast supporters we have survived a long premiership drought, I'm not sure your mob could handle it.
Most definitely true. We have the most "restless" supporters in the comp.

Happy to sit out and not make finals for a while.

Not happy with being so uncompetitive.

Not happy with top 4 teams still getting significant recruiting assistance via academies. Especially now they are destination clubs with players lining up to move to Northern states.

The AFL has constructed an uneven playing field. One that has not changed as bottom teams recieving assistance have now become power clubs playing finals and GF's.
How do the bottom sides catch up with a stacked deck of cards against them?

BTW Richmond will start suffering soon being stuck on the bottom with these tip four sides getting free hits every year. How long you going to be happy with that? Three recent recent flags will help obviously but fast forward 5 years and you will be getting cranky watching the AFL prop up it's pet teams at the expense of your club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back