2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a look at Adelaide crows.It maybe better for player development but doubt it will make for a better team.Not sour grapes but will face the same challenges of the crows in getting a competitive team.Will have to play all the rookies and on past experience you will have a team with a very uneven performances.I don't expect a wafl premiership for a long time.
works very well for the swans - players come in knowing their role

I think the peril works well. No clash with any teams.

Might have issues with Claremont
b8825783z.1_20150612075137_000_gve8gjh8.2_1-1ank84d.jpg

That’s purely because the club said we’re likely to wear an alternate strip. But yeah I see what you mean.
The club said 'the' alternate strip - aka peril clash - or the maybe the indigenous. I never saw any suggestion of a completely new strip.

Yellow with blue shorts would be great. I don't like the idea of using the indigenous strip every week.

Yellow wings, with the blue indigenous strip from 2018 where there’s a clash (Claremont and possibly Subi).

Actually the indigenous strip would clash with Claremont even worse. Maybe the white indigenous strip from a few years ago?

Yellow wings, with the blue indigenous strip from 2018 where there’s a clash (Claremont and possibly Subi).

Actually the indigenous strip would clash with Claremont even worse. Maybe the white indigenous strip from a few years ago?

It's time, only one solution makes sense
421899-worst-jumpers.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's up with the old AFL logo being sublimated on it?

Gonna bring the expert FXD_ in here

He's wearing a 1999 prototype, Puma made these on 1999 fabric so the old AFL logo is watermarked and actually embossed into the fabric, not sublimated.

Other differences are the jock tag, the Puma logo is the wordmark (not just the cat) and the AFL logo has some shading toward the outer edges of the ball. Also the SGIO logo is a stuck-on embroidered patch.

I have one of these which you can see: http://wceguernseys.weebly.com/2000-away-prototype.html

You can see the SGIO patch clearer on this liftout from The West in 1999. Something I only just noticed - the one used on the cover has the double-thick cuffs used on player issues of the time (the double thick cuffs carried over to Puma retails in 2000). My prototype only has the thin cuffs used on 1999 Puma retails.

7636500_orig.jpg

He's wearing a 1999 prototype, Puma made these on 1999 fabric so the old AFL logo is watermarked and actually embossed into the fabric, not sublimated.

Other differences are the jock tag, the Puma logo is the wordmark (not just the cat) and the AFL logo has some shading toward the outer edges of the ball. Also the SGIO logo is a stuck-on embroidered patch.

I have one of these which you can see: http://wceguernseys.weebly.com/2000-away-prototype.html

You can see the SGIO patch clearer on this liftout from The West in 1999. Something I only just noticed - the one used on the cover has the double-thick cuffs used on player issues of the time (the double thick cuffs carried over to Puma retails in 2000). My prototype only has the thin cuffs used on 1999 Puma retails.

7636500_orig.jpg
Yeah thats what I thought

Didn't the other clubs or one of the clubs have an issue with the team promoting the Eagles brand or something like that?
So I wouldn't be surprised if they used a completely different guernsey or one without the wings or Eagles logo to appease them. Tbh I don't think it really matters what it looks like.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back