Review West Coast Eagles vs Gold Coast*

Which Eagles classic will we watch this week?

• 1994 Qualifying Final vs Collingwood - Down to the wire

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Round 4, 2000 vs Adelaide - Scott Cummings bags 14

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Round 12, 2003 vs Brisbane - Chris Judd announces himself

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Round 13, 2005 vs Melbourne - 1st vs 2nd at the MCG

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Round 13, 2014 vs Gold Coast - Withstanding a charge

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Round 21, 2018 vs Port Adelaide - History repeats

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Well this is awkward.

Had the 2020 season gone ahead as planned, this weekend the Eagles would be taking on the mighty Gold Coast Suns. This presents a dilemma for our classic match series, as we have never had a classic match with the Gold Coast aside from one extremely disheartening draw.

Instead, I propose that this week is a complete wildcard. Nominate any game that we have yet to watch. On Wednesday, we put them up for vote, most likely with more than the usual four options. On Saturday, we bask in the shining warmth of the sun latest Eagles classic.

Seriously. Go nuts. Any classic Eagles game you like.

Tobias slavicek GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Could do a Melbourne game. We didn’t get one of them since the round 1 game actually went ahead.

If so I vote for Round 13 2005 at the MCG. Top of the table clash and we came home with a 15-point win and a big gap between us and second place.

Could do a Melbourne game. We didn’t get one of them since the round 1 game actually went ahead.

If so I vote for Round 13 2005 at the MCG. Top of the table clash and we came home with a 15-point win and a big gap between us and second place.
If it's Melbourne gotta be the preliminary final where we psychologically broke them

If we’re talking the Dees you can’t go past that time Heady kicked 6 against them. In a prelim.

My nom is the 1994 QF against the Pies. We had a comfortable lead at 3QT but the Pies came back hard. McGuane fluffed a mark in the dying seconds that would have led to a shot on goal for the win. Woosha taunted him about the choke and it was nearly on for young and old. It was glorious.

If we’re talking the Dees you can’t go past that time Heady kicked 6 against them. In a prelim.

My nom is the 1994 QF against the Pies. We had a comfortable lead at 3QT but the Pies came back hard. McGuane fluffed a mark in the dying seconds that would have led to a shot on goal for the win. Woosha taunted him about the choke and it was nearly on for young and old. It was glorious.
Is that the one where Shaw cried?
Great game!

Throwing out a nomination of my own because I make the rules here - keeping it in Queensland by putting forth Round 12, 2003 vs Brisbane aka the Chris Judd game.
Most of the games against the Lions during their threepeat were great. We were their bogey side during that period. Seeing Cousins Judd Keer and Cox vs Voss Black Lappin Acker and Keating was awesome.

Most of the games against the Lions during their threepeat were great. We were their bogey side during that period. Seeing Cousins Judd Keer and Cox vs Voss Black Lappin Acker and Keating was awesome.

I remember a game in 2002 at Subi where we smashed them coming over on a 20-game win streak.
That's my nomination.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well this is awkward.

Had the 2020 season gone ahead as planned, this weekend the Eagles would be taking on the mighty Gold Coast Suns. This presents a dilemma for our classic match series, as we have never had a classic match with the Gold Coast aside from one extremely disheartening draw.

Instead, I propose that this week is a complete wildcard. Nominate any game that we have yet to watch. On Wednesday, we put them up for vote, most likely with more than the usual four options. On Saturday, we bask in the shining warmth of the sun latest Eagles classic.

Seriously. Go nuts. Any classic Eagles game you like.

Tobias slavicek GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
Wasn't there a game where GC came back frantically through Ablett and Masten then kicked the sealer at Subi? I think 13-14

Wasn't there a game where GC came back frantically through Ablett and Masten then kicked the sealer at Subi? I think 13-14

2014, we led 94-59 at three quarter time. Then, a six goal to one final term from the Suns, which saw them take the lead 97-98. JK kicked seven, Gov three (!) including the winner.

2013 we had them at about 20 points throughout the game, then they came like the clappers at the end and got it to within two. Ezy kicked a goal to ice it

2014, we led 94-59 at three quarter time. Then, a six goal to one final term from the Suns, which saw them take the lead 97-98. JK kicked seven, Gov three (!) including the winner.

2013 we had them at about 20 points throughout the game, then they came like the clappers at the end and got it to within two. Ezy kicked a goal to ice it
so you're doing a discredit to '13!

I'll nominate 2006 prelim vs Adelaide. The odds of us winning were already low, then we got smashed in the 1st quarter. Some cousins and Embley magic saw us take a good lead, before a classic RoJo miss opened the door and the crows nearly stole it. The story of our 2006 season of comebacks.

Back