2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

No surprises for the WAFL side. Only AFL players omitted from last week are Jones, Maric and Barnett who’ve been named in the seniors.

Ruscoe back so apart from Nelson the top ups are probably close to full strength.

No surprises for the WAFL side. Only AFL players omitted from last week are Jones, Maric and Barnett who’ve been named in the seniors.

Ruscoe back so apart from Nelson the top ups are probably close to full strength.
Looks like Subi have done similar to what Perth did last week and named a young and inexperienced lineup - lots of names on here I don't recognise.

Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 21.52.38.png

Malakai Champion on an extended bench for the Lions, hopefully he gets a run against some of the guys he trained with over preseason.

With Tyler Mouritz coming in for his first appearance of the preseason, it leaves 7 players - Jackson Nelson, Josh Burke, John Levien, Jack O'Sullivan, Nic Watson, Jack Wilson and Ben Avery - as the only players we haven't seen yet in the practice games. Does indicate a WAFL list in pretty good health.

I won't be able to make it to this game so hopefully someone else can have a watch and the scoring stats aren't a complete basket case like they were last week.

So there should be 9 + 2 from the extended bench. Gaff and Dewar (since he didn't play last week) I guess.
Maric probably sub and Barnett the emergency?

Hopefully Simmo keeps his word and plays Gaff in the WAFL.
I fear that the club might find an excuse to make him the emergency...

So there should be 9 + 2 from the extended bench. Gaff and Dewar (since he didn't play last week) I guess.
Maric probably sub and Barnett the emergency?

Hopefully Simmo keeps his word and plays Gaff in the WAFL.
I fear that the club might find an excuse to make him the emergency...
Would prefer Gaff the emergency as they don’t play a game and even if there is a late minute withdrawal they are probably the sub. Let the kids develop at WAFL level playing a full game.

Barnett gets more out of rucking a full game at Wafl level than watching from the stands on Sunday.

Don’t mind the youngsters rotating through as the emergency on away games to give them the experience of travelling for games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least someone was there. A 59-point win to the Beagles against an inexperienced Subi side, winning 17.21 (123) to the Lions’ 10.4 (64).

Article mostly focuses on Gaff - according to The West he finished with 29 disposals and a goal playing mostly as an inside mid.

Witherden played just the first half in “planned load management” - could be the one held back in case of a late change tomorrow, though this article doesn’t say whether Dewar played.

Jack Williams with another 3 goals. Clay Hall apparently impressed and was our best clearance midfielder.

Unfortunately doesn’t go into the other AFL-listed players out there.

A bit of a shame we don’t have any (even outright wrong) scoring stats on the WAFL website - would love to know who contributed to those 13 other goals we kicked. I guess Burgiel must have had a big day.

At least someone was there. A 59-point win to the Beagles against an inexperienced Subi side, winning 17.21 (123) to the Lions’ 10.4 (64).

Article mostly focuses on Gaff - according to The West he finished with 29 disposals and a goal playing mostly as an inside mid.

Witherden played just the first half in “planned load management” - could be the one held back in case of a late change tomorrow, though this article doesn’t say whether Dewar played.

Jack Williams with another 3 goals. Clay Hall apparently impressed and was our best clearance midfielder.

Unfortunately doesn’t go into the other AFL-listed players out there.

A bit of a shame we don’t have any (even outright wrong) scoring stats on the WAFL website - would love to know who contributed to those 13 other goals we kicked. I guess Burgiel must have had a big day.
According to the WAFL site Dewar kicked a goal. Rawlinson kicked one, Johnson kicked two.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back