2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Wait so did Burgiel kick goals or no?
Definitely not. Played in defence.

Something has gone badly wrong with the WAFL stat keeping on the website
  • Ryan Maric's name (and the 2 goals he kicked) have disappeared from the stats on the website
  • 4 goals have for whatever reason been attributed to Burgiel
  • Harley Sparks and Luke Yeo both definitely kicked goals but do not have anything next to their name
  • Shannon Lucassen kicked 2 goals but only listed as having kicked 1
  • Jason Gillbee and Harry Creasey listed as kicking a goal each which I have no memory of happening

Last edited:

From what I understand the WAFL stats guy is watching the game from Fox Studios in Melbourne.

The WAFL only keep stats for goals and behinds in pre-season matches.

After racking my brain for a bit this is what I believe to be the actual final goal tally from our side:

3 - Jack Williams
2 - Ryan Maric
2 - Harvey Johnston
2 - Luke Yeo
2 - Shannon Lucassen
1 - Zane Trew
1 - Harry Barnett
1 - Harley Sparks
EDIT: 1 - Coen Livingstone

Adds to 15 which checks out with the final score. Confident about most of this but the only one I couldn’t really remember well was one of Luke Yeo’s goals - fairly sure it was him who kicked it but I have no way of knowing. Minor detail either way

Last edited:
Definitely not. Played in defence.

Something has gone badly wrong with the WAFL stat keeping on the website
  • Ryan Maric's name (and the 2 goals he kicked) have disappeared from the stats on the website
  • 4 goals have for whatever reason been attributed to Burgiel
  • Harley Sparks and Luke Yeo both definitely kicked goals but do not have anything next to their name
  • Shannon Lucassen kicked 2 goals but only listed as having kicked 1
  • Jason Gillbee and Harry Creasey listed as kicking a goal each which I have no memory of happening

I was following along with the stats and neither Jones or Maric ever appeared as playing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks LittleFires & CountryLad! During a rebuild these insights are particularly valuable for us obsessed drongos, glad you got down and appreciate the write-ups.

Bit of a rundown from Kyal Horsley on each player in our WAFL game

Rated Barnett’s game as BOG for us with Jones next best

Butchery of the English language aside, it’s worth a read

Remove this Banner Ad

Back