2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh my lord, we might actually agree on something.

Simpsons Apocalypse GIF

This is the issue. The resources at our disposal go to East Perth, West Perth and all through the competition so they can beat us.

Port Adelaide have the same complaint we do. We are giving these people our money and then fielding inferior teams to those people. Its not very logical.

If you remove West Coast Eagles and Freo Dockers payments from the WAFL system, it doesnt exist. We shouldnt be both the funders of the product and the people getting the lowest version of the product we are producing. Its a little nonsensical in reality.

Answer is simple really. Eagles should get to set the rules and how we use part of the product and this includes access too whoever we want, when we want and to pay the salary we want within the means of the salary cap.

All restictions on us should be removed. West Coast WAFL and West Perth should have absolutely zero difference between them. If they dont agree to that then leave and let West Perth fund their own gender neutral bathrooms instead
You obviously did not read my comments. Go to the national reserves but if you have a Tpp of $110,000 like they currently have how will you attract players.

How many players will play for peanuts just in case they might make it on a Afl list. Was Nic Reid the only Beagles player to end up on a Afl list.

Just because Four more sides join the Vfl comp to make a national reserves comp people think that the Afl will throw in a whole lotta money. It ain't gonna happen and i tell you why. It's called AFLPA. The players association will want the money to go to only the elite afl and aflw players not to ressies who are not on a list.

This is the issue. The resources at our disposal go to East Perth, West Perth and all through the competition so they can beat us.

Port Adelaide have the same complaint we do. We are giving these people our money and then fielding inferior teams to those people. Its not very logical.

If you remove West Coast Eagles and Freo Dockers payments from the WAFL system, it doesnt exist. We shouldnt be both the funders of the product and the people getting the lowest version of the product we are producing. Its a little nonsensical in reality.

Answer is simple really. Eagles should get to set the rules and how we use part of the product and this includes access too whoever we want, when we want and to pay the salary we want within the means of the salary cap.

All restictions on us should be removed. West Coast WAFL and West Perth should have absolutely zero difference between them. If they dont agree to that then leave and let West Perth fund their own gender neutral bathrooms instead

Do you know this figure? I do but interested if you do as you are making it sound like the Eagles are funding the WAFL when in fact they would not be funding 5% of it.

And the WAFL clubs do fund almost everything on their own, they get stuff all help from the Eagles and Dockers who they born into life.

Last edited:

You obviously did not read my comments. Go to the national reserves but if you have a Tpp of $110,000 like they currently have how will you attract players.

How many players will play for peanuts just in case they might make it on a Afl list. Was Nic Reid the only Beagles player to end up on a Afl list.

Just because Four more sides join the Vfl comp to make a national reserves comp people think that the Afl will throw in a whole lotta money. It ain't gonna happen and i tell you why. It's called AFLPA. The players association will want the money to go to only the elite afl and aflw players not to ressies who are not on a list.
The national reserves will need more then that. They will figure that out fairly quickly

Put the reserves players under the AFLPA and you are at the same spot really

Do you know this figure? I do but interested if you do as you are making it sound like the Eagles are funding the WAFL when in fact they would not be funding 5% of it.

And the WAFL clubs do fund almost everything on their own, they get stuff all help from the Eagles and Dockers who they born into life.
2023 report isnt loading for me on my PC. Not sure if its deadlink but can only go of 2022

In 2022 out of 21 mill in income 4,966,742 came from Eagles + Freo, 4.2 mill came from direct AFL funding and 5.4 mill from sponsors BUT and this part is important that 5.4 mill is actually just from Eagles/Freo anyway. When you break it down its like 4.2 mill of that 5.4 mill is actually just Eagles/Freo sponsors money redirected to WAFC

So all up its 9 mill + 5 mill from AFL which is 14 mill out of the 21 mill income

2023 report isnt loading for me on my PC. Not sure if its deadlink but can only go of 2022

In 2022 out of 21 mill in income 4,966,742 came from Eagles + Freo, 4.2 mill came from direct AFL funding and 5.4 mill from sponsors BUT and this part is important that 5.4 mill is actually just from Eagles/Freo anyway. When you break it down its like 4.2 mill of that 5.4 mill is actually just Eagles/Freo sponsors money redirected to WAFC

So all up its 9 mill + 5 mill from AFL which is 14 mill out of the 21 mill income

This isn’t even all of it.

The Optus Stadium user agreements outline that 10.7 million per year is guaranteed from state Gov to WAFC.

So not only do we pay the WAFC royalty, but they leach off our match day revenue too, via state Gov.

The WCE pay a 300K licence fee to the WAFL. it used to be much higher but the WAFL clubs listened to the Eagles sooking and reduced it to help them out as the Eagles cried poor during Covid.
So basically it is nothing they are giving the WAFL.

What you are talking about is royalty's to the WAFC and for some reason you believe the WAFC and the WAFL are the same. The WAFC are the owners of the two AFL licences and of course they should be paid a royalty on what they own. With the amount of money the Eagles put in the bank the WAFC should be taking a lot more but again they try and be nice.

You have to stop confusing the WAFC and the WAFL as they are virtually not related. The WAFC give stuff all of that money to the WAFL, they waste it all on admin positions.

Not knocking you mate but you have to get off the WAFL's back as they do it tough and it's not easy operating a WAFL club.

Now attack the WAFC all you like but again they have nothing to do with the Eagles reserves.

Oh wait do you mean what WAFC distrivutes to WAFL clubs?

I cant figure out what the calculation they do is but its between 750-900k each club per year which is 100% from that Royalty payment if you do the maths behind it.

This isn’t even all of it.

The Optus Stadium user agreements outline that 10.7 million per year is guaranteed from state Gov to WAFC.

So not only do we pay the WAFC royalty, but they leach off our match day revenue too, via state Gov.

They own the licences, they barely take a cent considering they own the licences. There is no Eagles or Dockers without the WAFC.

The WCE pay a 300K licence fee to the WAFL. it used to be much higher but the WAFL clubs listened to the Eagles sooking and reduced it to help them out as the Eagles cried poor during Covid.
So basically it is nothing they are giving the WAFL.

What you are talking about is royalty's to the WAFC and for some reason you believe the WAFC and the WAFL are the same. The WAFC are the owners of the two AFL licences and of course they should be paid a royalty on what they own. With the amount of money the Eagles put in the bank the WAFC should be taking a lot more but again they try and be nice.

You have to stop confusing the WAFC and the WAFL as they are virtually not related. The WAFC give stuff all of that money to the WAFL, they waste it all on admin positions.

Not knocking you mate but you have to get off the WAFL's back as they do it tough and it's not easy operating a WAFL club.

Now attack the WAFC all you like but again they have nothing to do with the Eagles reserves.
WAFL is given cash by WAFC who get it from Eagles

Pretending there isnt a link isnt very logical.

What do you think your WAFC payment would be if we removed 14 mill of AFL money from the 21 mill? Do we care to try?

and 5.4 mill from sponsors BUT and this part is important that 5.4 mill is actually just from Eagles/Freo anyway.

Not sure how you come to that conclusion. These are the four top commercial sponsors of the WAFL, at least three of them have zero relationship with either AFL club.

2EA2DF4C-3824-43C5-AF9F-6791122C6CDB.jpeg

Not sure how you come to that conclusion. These are the four top commercial sponsors of the WAFL, at least three of them have zero relationship with either AFL club.

View attachment 1982118
You gotta go back to 2021s statement but they make up very little of the 5.4 mill in WAFCs budget. The 5.4 mill is basically the Optus Stadium lot you will find

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was but having issues loading anything myself. All that opens on my PC is 2022 report and Perth Demons 2023 report. Rest just open blank white pages

Deleted my post because I found it with a quick google. Too hard to get to the bottom of the $5m sponsorship/supply rights issue on my phone, will have a look when I get home.

Deleted my post because I found it with a quick google. Too hard to get to the bottom of the $5m sponsorship/supply rights issue on my phone, will have a look when I get home.

Don't know about anyone else, but I can't wait to see these results.

popcorn.gif

So on the topic.

If Perth Demons receive 745,000 bucks in cash from a company that made a 10 million dollar loss and as a result of that 745,000, Perth make a 6,000 dollar loss and not 751,000 , a loss which if left to be self developed would result in debt being more then its revenue in 3 years time, does that mean the WAFL is self reliant?

They paid 4 million for each of them, and the Eagles one would be worth a large sum.

400k upfront which was just a loan though and rest paid off with profit over time. WAFC didn’t have 4 mill in cash on them for example. It was just given to them on the cheap

Apologies I didn’t explain what I meant well. I mean given licenses without a privatised or expansive search for alternatives

400k upfront which was just a loan though and rest paid off with profit over time. WAFC didn’t have 4 mill in cash on them for example. It was just given to them on the cheap

It cost the Eagles 4 million to enter the VFL. The consortium who paid that went broke and the state government bailed them out and hence that is now the WAFC. The licence cost 4 Million and it was paid upfront.

It cost the Eagles 4 million to enter the VFL. The consortium who paid that went broke and the state government bailed them out and hence that is now the WAFC. The licence cost 4 Million and it was paid upfront.

The state government paid for the license in 1989, not right away. Remember both aspects went bankrupt. Eagles consortium but also WA football too. WAFC was formed to fix both issues not just Eagles one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back