2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone really hyped about the prospect of

Gibney + Hewitt + Chesser playing all 18 straight games in the wafl in the centre. I'm juiced thinking about it. As well Culley playing far chunk

I may have missed some sarcasm here - would be hoping at least one or two of those guys would be getting consistent games in the AFL side

I may have missed some sarcasm here - would be hoping at least one or two of those guys would be getting consistent games in the AFL side
Some synergy may be gained if they all played together perhaps
And a wafl flag. Got to look at the bright side of realistic options

parks and rec computer GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What hurt the Beagles last year is that we had very few AFL listed players playing most weeks and many of the others were not WAFL quality
If we have a healthy squad look out!

Nothing wrong with Alec Waterman, Jackson Nelson being in there, thats the exact senior leadership we need
Our young players need some senior heads / experience
Plus healthy competition

Simpson also confirmed Alec Waterman will be playing for the Beagles as well

That should put to bed any views that there was any ill feeling between him and the club.

Nelson and Waterman are good additions to the WAFL side and should help them become a more competitive team week to week

Im not sure how Alec ended up back here. Every time I saw him play for Essendon he played well.
1670396136355.png
1670395995211.png

Apart from 2 good games against Collingwood the rest of numbers were meh.
Will probably do well again in the WAFL but he's a slow, medium-sized lead up forward which is not going to cut it at AFL level.

View attachment 1569106
View attachment 1569105

Apart from 2 good games against Collingwood the rest of numbers were meh.
Will probably do well again in the WAFL but he's a slow, medium-sized lead up forward which is not going to cut it at AFL level.

Take out the two games he came on as sub with limited game time and he's 10 goals from 6 games this year. TBH it's not a bad return for a mid sized forward in a s**t side.

Take out the two games he came on as sub with limited game time and he's 10 goals from 6 games this year. TBH it's not a bad return for a mid sized forward in a s**t side.

Well if you want to cherry pick, take out the Collingwood game it's 6 goals from 5 games.

No matter how you want to try and slice it he's a slow, under-sized lead-up forward. Just doesn't have the athletic profile to cut it at the next level after his illness battles.

Well if you want to cherry pick, take out the Collingwood game it's 6 goals from 5 games.

No matter how you want to try and slice it he's a slow, under-sized lead-up forward. Just doesn't have the athletic profile to cut it at the next level after his illness battles.
2021 Elimination Final there was a point in the game where he was huffing and puffing after Caleb Daniel who was cruising at about 3 quarter pace. I thought "Poor old Alec, Essendon will delist him this year". Surprised he played in 2022.

But he'll be a decent addition for the Beagles and it's a bit of a feelgood story for the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back