2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoped jai Culley would get more than 25 possession but looking at less than 15 possession. Wish he woukd have tore it up so he gets selected next week but guess we need to wait I suppose
Was quiet in the first half but has had a good second half so far.

Culley hasn't had quite as much midfield time from what I can tell this week, I am hoping that is why his numbers are down. Uses the ball well, tackles hard.
Looked more one pace, but he did a lost of energy sapping physical work against bigger bodies. Great learning. When he had the ball his decisions were great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interested how others saw the feed, any at the ground? Clarke was timeless, but XON was surprisinghl good and quick. Nic obviously too big for S ouths and needs a run. Harry poised and read the game well looks to nbe moving better when freed up. We had a few ball butchers and a couple run into trouble.

Impressive win by the Beagles and encouraging to see some of the, returning from injury Eagles, doing well as they worked their way into the game.

Simpson would be happy with that performance, as some players put some serious selection heat on the likes of Petruccelle, Jamieson and Rotham.

Better weekend for the Club, dare I say it probably the best weekend for over a year, with both teams winning.

Last two weeks of AFL and WAFL highlights to me how good a lot of our players are when they're not stiffled by the game plan. Whether its Yeo taking the game on from half back or Rotham attacking attributes (last week) when he's played further up the ground.

Is this a product of Simpson letting players off the leash (what was it he said? Less coaching and leaving more up to the players)? If so, what an indictment on modern (over) coaching.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back