2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We won by about 35 from my rudimentary scoring. O’Neill with a kick after the “siren” following a fairly soft free, didn’t score. And copped s**t from his teammates for even taking the kick in a practice match :p

Hickey a standout in the ruck before he stepped out of the game. Edwards rock solid down back, and did a lot of directing his teammates. They seemed to put an emphasis on getting the ball in Johnson’s hands coming out of defence, and it’s easy to understand why because he is a very good kick.

O’Neill and Gray were busy in midfield, Ainsworth a bit less so. Jones was serviceable forward, not as eye catching as Humphries but probably did everything asked of him.

I remember seeing Harry Taylor and Lewis Jetta play in these games before they were drafted. Remember being disappointed they looked better than our kids. In Harry’s case we still didn’t draft him the year later, and both ended up top 20 picks.

Just on Humphries.. we need to get him on the main list asap before everyone else gets a look at him and he costs us. kicked 80 odd goals for Eaton Boomers last year as a 20 year old. Plays a lot like Ryan with maybe a little more pace.

Looking forward to seeing the local Bunbury lad chop up for the wafl eagles this year.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Just on Humphries.. we need to get him on the main list asap before everyone else gets a look at him and he costs us. kicked 80 odd goals for Eaton Boomers last year as a 20 year old. Plays a lot like Ryan with maybe a little more pace.

Looking forward to seeing the local Bunbury lad chop up for the wafl eagles this year.

Watch the local teams try sign him up quick if he dominates the WAFL!

We can only recruit Humphries this season through either the SSP or mid-season draft if he’s previously nominated for the draft. If he hasn’t then he’s ineligible and we’d have to wait for this years draft to pick him up which also means he’s available to all clubs

Sounds like Ainsworth hasn't improved his output from previous seasons? With his contracted up this year, really struggling to see how he can salvage his career. We've seen it with guys like Parto & MAllen, who had a much greater output in the WAFL, not make it.

Anyone see any hope for him?

Sounds like Ainsworth hasn't improved his output from previous seasons? With his contracted up this year, really struggling to see how he can salvage his career. We've seen it with guys like Parto & MAllen, who had a much greater output in the WAFL, not make it.

Anyone see any hope for him?

Gone backwards massively.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Humphries probably still based in Bunbury travel up for games sounds like he could make it at a higher level , 80 goals in the SWFL is pretty good in a strong league .

We can only recruit Humphries this season through either the SSP or mid-season draft if he’s previously nominated for the draft. If he hasn’t then he’s ineligible and we’d have to wait for this years draft to pick him up which also means he’s available to all clubs

My understanding is that the player has to have played at least 1 WAFL game (League, reserves or colts) in the immediate season prior to nominating for the draft. Slightly different rules in WA/SA compared to other states (where you can nominate directly out of lower tier comps).

Based on that I'm assuming he wasn't eligible to nominate for last years draft, and as such isn't available in the SSP - but hopefully that is incorrect.

Not sure how it pertains to the mid-season drafty (assuming he plays at least 1 WAFL game for us I assume that grants qualification).

Humphries did play Colts games for Peel few seasons ago , a relative of Lewis Jetta who is a relative of the Hills ...I think we need to act or lose or maybe Perth isn't in his plans so probably need to wait and see .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back