West Coast vs Gold Coast R10 @ Subiaco

Remove this Banner Ad

not that it would have done anything but god the umpiring has been terrible, so many terrible decisions. frees 19-7... i could list about 10 massive errors in the umpiring but i know it means nothing. just hope when the eagles have actual competition the umpiring is fixed.

Well when it's gets to finals time interstate it hurts them because they are used to flailing around and getting frees. Think it's more a curse than a blessing; they'd win most at home without it.

21-7 WC way again how does this keep getting overlooked each week.

not that it would have done anything but god the umpiring has been terrible, so many terrible decisions. frees 19-7... i could list about 10 massive errors in the umpiring but i know it means nothing. just hope when the eagles have actual competition the umpiring is fixed.

go

21-7 WC way again how does this keep getting overlooked each week.
Can't really pick it when one team was pretty dominant throughout the game.

Ironic that we're called flat track bullies (Dominant wins typically = more frees, or should if its reflective of the game whatsoever) but then people call foul on one sided free counts when frees are won from dominant play...

Can't really pick it when one team was pretty dominant throughout the game.

Ironic that we're called flat track bullies (Dominant wins typically = more frees, or should if its reflective of the game whatsoever) but then people call foul on one sided free counts when frees are won from dominant play...

You'd think that but you blokes rarely if ever miss out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd think that but you blokes rarely if ever miss out.
Yeah, nah.

There are a couple of other variables, mostly the nature of Subiaco and how our defensive gameplan is based around harassment rather than hard tackling because it's narrower, meaning proximity for tackling is less necessary, meaning we're less body on body, generally less frees given against us at home. Compared to tackling teams who bring their gameplan to an oval which doesn't facilitate it.

It's the gameplan that leads to the general 'softness' tag from our own fans towards the team, a tag that is mostly applied away from home and 'ironically' we tend to get beaten up on ovals that facilitate far more physical teams, ie Swans, Geelong, Hawthorn. They aren't measurably better teams from a pure attribute PoV but their physicality works against the Eagles because it's not how they play on the long, narrow Subiaco surface.

But whatever, everyone acknowledges different gameplans and how oval sizes and climate impact teams, but then that thought process goes out their heads when it actually comes to the impact that has on statistics.

EDIT: The intention is mostly highlighted by the fact that the Eagles generally have a consistent frees for between home and away whilst the away teams for tends to increase pending the oval we play against them on.

Apologies fir sentence structure, CBFed properly typing for mindless complaints with no real thought behind them.

Last edited:
Yes one offs you blokes are never on the receiving end and stats back that up.
You realise free kick counts don't have to be even? Actually if anything they shouldnt - other wise it could mean the umpires are 'evening up' the count.

I could find 10 kicks GC could have got - but I bet I could find 10 WC should have got too. Kennedy himself misses out on a lot of legitimate frees every week

If West Coast consistently give away less free kick... maybe, it's because they actually, I don't know - give away less free kicks! It's not some massive conspiracy - it's called discipline. Or getting to the ball first.

Pssst...my brothers and sisters; Adam H is a serial pest. Pay him the zero mind he deserves.

Probably hard to be interested as a coach if your team doesn't show any inclination to implement a gameplan

What gameplan would that be ...to go,sideways at every possible oppurtunity ...I was staggered at the amount of switching they did ...for what?

They have a decent forward line and LYNCH can play .....kick it it to him Ffs instead going sideways

I'd suggest you learn the rules

Rule 1 you can't block the ruckman at the centre bounce
Rule 2 you cant tackle players high or without the ball
Rule 3 .....learn the rules champ

Well when it's gets to finals time interstate it hurts them because they are used to flailing around and getting frees. Think it's more a curse than a blessing; they'd win most at home without it.

I dunno about that, Selwood does all right in finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back