Game Day WEST COAST VS MELBOURNE MONDAY 9TH AUGUST 6.10PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 17, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Wedgie’s first preview is a bit of a piss take and it is safe to say that when I wanted to do this preview at the start of the season I was expecting us to be in a better position and vying for top four. Now with us making up the numbers in the top eight and playing like a 2018 Melbourne Team, I have had to temper my expectations and adapt to the current climate.

So If none of you like it, all I can say is "I hope I can learn from it and get better!!!!!!"

1628057743348.png

Key Match Ups/Questions:

Match Up 1

1628057761333.png

VS

1628057792161.png

Points: Do we try and go full Melbourne and get the best pick in the draft this year that we have had for a while? Do we go after Erasmus or Johnson?

Winner: To Tank!!!!

In my opinion you never tank and knowing the team and how we are playing, we wouldn’t even be able to do that properly. But in saying that if we keep putting dribble like we have this year, then all we will have to do, is show up. Plus, I am a huge fan of Erasmus and Johnson so I will spew seeing one of them not in the wings.

Match Up 2

1628057842183.png

VS

1628057858973.png

Points: This one puzzles me a little. In my opinion, they both go together, but you can still show effort without energy. Even if the boys had energy I reckon they would still run around like headless chooks.

Winner: Lack of Effort!!!!

Match Up 3

1628058969267.png

VS

1628058983952.png

Points: You campaigners have all been carrying on for half the season that it is on the line each week.

Winner: Our season has been like this all year in my opinion
1628059004310.png

Match Up 4

1628059024682.png

VS

1628059037802.png

Points: If we win, do we pay back our little brothers with a little love?

Winner: HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!! * the Cockburners!!!!!!

Now to the real footy!!!!!!

The only match up I really care about this week:

1628059077572.png

Vs

1628059095647.png

Winner: Sadly I don’t think Nick is game enough to leap that high again and Ryan may not be back, so we will call it a draw.

Team Predictions:

I hope they drop some seniors and play the kids. The problem is we don’t have enough kids to replace all the underperforming seniors.

Weather Forecasts:

1628059191583.png

In all honesty, I’m not in Peth but apparently there is a 90% chance of Rain on Monday.

Predictions:

In all seriousness I hope we see more of this:

1628059213602.png

1628059224843.png

If the boys bring the intensity and start playing like the talented team that they are, then we should win this or at least it will be an excellent game.

I hope we can get up for this Man:

1628059236170.png

If we turn up WEST COAST BY 2 POINTS, if we decide to go the ultimate Tank without even trying, Melbourne by 56.

Attachments

• 1628057815475.png
    1628057815475.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 1628058944641.png
    1628058944641.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 1628058950416.png
    1628058950416.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 1628059125742.png
    1628059125742.png
    156.1 KB · Views: 68

Will be a difficult match.

Our sledging capability has never had the same energy since McGinnity retired, but Gawn has also never been the same since they betrayed Rory's character on Gilmore Girls.

Reckon we will lose by six Oliver flops ahead of Ricky Petterd's mum.

Yet another rainy s**t game at Floptus.

Knock off work early, cheeky bus trip to the Cammy thinking i will beat the crowd, only to realize 3 hours isn't early enough and you need to be there 10 hours early to get a seat, i'll then proceed to get plastered on $13 pints (bargain) of 150 lashes so i can not be concerned with the result (Like North all over again)

My body, wallet, and heart is ready to be hurt again :brokenheart: 🍻

^ This is the type of s**t which needs to be in the "Thank you to all our fans" propoganda video on Facebook.

Not a bunch of nuffie one eyed cheer squad supporters reading scripts at gun point with Nesbitt behind the camera.

Gotta be some kind of record for games played in the wet, which is ridiculous in itself given we play a winter sport. Game plan stacks up well to our blessed Perth winters, but when we have the wettest July in over 25 years as an indication of the weather we've played in, it shows that we need a solid plan B.

Gotta be some kind of record for games played in the wet, which is ridiculous in itself given we play a winter sport. Game plan stacks up well to our blessed Perth winters, but when we have the wettest July in over 25 years as an indication of the weather we've played in, it shows that we need a solid plan B.

Simpson: WTF is a "plan B"? explain?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 2018, Melbourne played two contrasting styles of football against the Eagles:
1. Round 22 beat us with the run and carry, attacking the corridor style.
2. To my surprise, Melbourne changed to the kick mark style in the semi final and ended up over 60 points loss.

What game style is Melbourne going to adopt will be interesting to watch tomorrow.

With Essendon beating the Bulldogs today, WCE is in great danger of not playing this year‘s final.
Both Essendon and GWS will have a very high chance of winning the next two rounds.
Tomorrow is a must win for the Eagles.

Last edited:
This is it! This is the day they make a statement or fall in a pile of their own crap!
If they lose it's fair to say they'll slide out of finals and be a rebuild train-wreck.
5 teams behind us only one win away from dislodging us.
This game could well be our last hurrah.
Here we are, we've arrived at that defining moment, our season comes down to this.
Are they a pussy-whipped rollover rabble, will they scull Monster, or anally insert an energiser battery, have they finally learn't from all their failures, will they finally improve and do better going forward, have they found their long-lost synergy and chemistry and synchronicity, can they play hard contested football, can they slog it out in the wet, can they play with arrogance, are they drinking chardonnay or their own bathwater?
Can they beat a #3 side?

Umm...go the quirky frustrating insipid eagles?
hoorah..hoorah.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back