Western Region FL - Division Two - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee can you fIt anymore on the dp wagon? I might jump on too?
Good on yous for doing what yous have, but start preparing for next year champ. And you better hope the money tree sticks around, because it'll be a very lonely place in div1 one without it. What comes up must come down.
But its a great feeling yous would be have at the minute anyway, and good, so you should.
Nothing wrong with kgs, i can still tie my boots up, so theres not problem.

Weapons, who is jason? Lol

hahaha......justin.....im a dill!!! haha must have hada few under me belt.........again!!!

MaTe best divy2 team I've seen since I've played senior Footy, I don't think any1 will even get with in 10 goals. It's a long season and a lot can happen but dp is a power house

agree 100%......

though we've only beaten yarra parkside and carro......the ball movement by hand and foot is crearly better than heights nth glenorden and the altona's of the past!!!! im pretty sure theres 2 or 3 quality players still to come in!!!!

obviosly comes down to talent but it comes down to work done on the track.......they are flogged tuesday's and flogged if drills arnt up to scratch on the thursday!!!.....from what ive seen......

who'd you play on karim????

agree 100%......

though we've only beaten yarra parkside and carro......the ball movement by hand and foot is crearly better than heights nth glenorden and the altona's of the past!!!! im pretty sure theres 2 or 3 quality players still to come in!!!!

obviosly comes down to talent but it comes down to work done on the track.......they are flogged tuesday's and flogged if drills arnt up to scratch on the thursday!!!.....from what ive seen......

Played on a few guys, number 61 young kid goes alright,Bobby and number 7, massive forward line and James told me the chf wasn't playing. Interesting to see how they go against the cobras but I reckon they will beat em easy. Dp remonds me a bit of the west team that won the flag alot of big bodies

All I care about at this stage is that our whole playing list can see what we are capable of if we are prepared to work for each other, to believe in each other and stick to our game plan and team rules and that we now go up another gear at training this week and each and every week moving forward and if we do we will win more games than we lose.

If we play to our potential then anything is possible!

All I have publicly stated from the outset has been and will be the above and I truly believe that we have the 'potential' to finish anywhere between 3-6th this season - never mentioned a premiership! If we finish 3-5th then clearly we have made finals and 6th or less and we haven't...

Too many people in football get ahead of themselves with ego's about themselves, their club and people are all very keen to jump on the negatives of anything or anyone. To be honest it is the people in this world that are constantly negative that are the exact reason they probably don't achieve anything in life themselves and/or fall short of where they could have been.... But that is another story...

We lost on Saturday because of a number of reasons. We simply cannot win a a game of football when we play well for 1 of 4 quarters. We will address that and as the young side that we are, we will learn and improve from it. Having a bench of 1 for the last half of the game didn't help and nor did losing Kenna with an ankle injury very early in the game - but these are not excuses, but clearly didn't help our cause. We lost to a side that didn't fight or argue with themselves or umpires are very well drilled and very disciplined to play there part for the team and each other. They were the better side on the day and we knew we had to be on top of our game to beat them because of that, so well done Luke and great to catch up for a chat after the game.

FOOTNOTE: Luke Dennerly is one of the nicer guys going around in footy with no ego about himself or his club - and just like me he is keen to help boost the image of his club and the league. Well done Luke and the Wyndamvale Falcons! :thumbsu:

We would have taken to be 2-1 after the first 3 games if you asked us before the season started and we are there and have North Sunshine next game after the bye. (Yes it is a game we intend on winning and taking us to be 3-1).

Anyone asking questions about us or comments from the horses mouth, if you are not involved in our club and not at training on a Tuesday or Thursday night, you will not be getting an answer fom me. We have a bunch of committed players (at varying levels) but on the whole they are my boys and they are improving. For Division 2 football and with not paying ANY players at our club to be there, we have a great bond and a great commitment. I am very proud of where we have come from and where we are heading!

As for 'fat' or overweight players... correct me if I am wrong but 'Evo' would have been the most overweight player on the ground on Saturday and he kicked 5 goals and was very damaging against us, so feel free to pick from the other side of the fence but as most will attest, winning a premiership takes more than just talent or buying the best players available to put a side out there, it takes culture, commitment, pride, attitude, fitness, strength, belief, talent, attitude, etc...

Some good examples of this being Parkside in 2009 - best side all season and won EVERY game for the season by an average of 50 odd points, yet lost on the big day.... Albanvale have played in 15 consecutive finals series I believe (feel free to correct me if I am wrong) and have not won a flag?

It takes a hell of a lot to put the whole package together and we are working at being the best we can be with the limited resources we have and we are doing a mighty fine job of it...

I expect as always the 'negative' people to pick out parts of this and disect to look for something I have said or done and have a crack at me, us or Lavo and good luck to you.

Laverton Magpies FC won 2 games in 2010 and we have now already won 2 of our first 3 games, so we have and will improve on last season and that for us is a great start... We now have 13 games to go (and 2 byes)where we will lose at least 3-5 more games so being realistic, we ARE going to lose more games and it will not be the end of the world! What our job to do is WIN as many as possible and that is how footy works!

Go Lavo!

Being the best Division 2 team in years means nothing especially when the tag goes to a team who has already won the division 2 flag in the last couple of years and choose to stay down. Well done on the sudden recruits and fortunes and on the first 3 games, but at this point in time its only 3 more W's in the record book. Alot of pressure is now on as the expectations for the year are very high, all i can say is if you want to regain some respect when you win, and yes i said when you win, just go up. its already been proven a divvy 2 team can do it even without out the $$ budget of others. Look forward to the last game of the year for divvy 2.

As for 'fat' or overweight players... correct me if I am wrong but 'Evo' would have been the most overweight player on the ground on Saturday and he kicked 5 goals and was very damaging against us, so feel free to pick from the other side of the fence but as most will attest, winning a premiership takes more than just talent or buying the best players available to put a side out there, it takes culture, commitment, pride, attitude

hey Justin are you saying I am overweight..... I didn't notice I must have one of those funny mirrors at home then haha... Yeah we all know that I am carrying a few extra kg's but you know what I am really enjoying my Footy and if Luke thinks I can add a bit to our team then I will continue to play... I certainly hope people think of me as a goer and someone that does everything he can for the team and not just that fat bloke in the forward line.... Haha...
Anyway Lavo are certainly on the right track and I would expect them to go close in most games this year altho the Kenna injury may hurt if he is not back soon...
Very proud of the vales boys from the weekend we fought out the game really well and we are playing better and better as the weeks start to mount.
Hope all have a great Easter and by the sounds of it Justin I may have to get on the watermelon over Easter instead of the good old chocolate bunnies and eggs haha
Go vales and everyone who is inspired by Stewy Dew haha

As for 'fat' or overweight players... correct me if I am wrong but 'Evo' would have been the most overweight player on the ground on Saturday and he kicked 5 goals and was very damaging against us, so feel free to pick from the other side of the fence but as most will attest, winning a premiership takes more than just talent or buying the best players available to put a side out there, it takes culture, commitment, pride, attitude

hey Justin are you saying I am overweight..... I didn't notice I must have one of those funny mirrors at home then haha... Yeah we all know that I am carrying a few extra kg's but you know what I am really enjoying my Footy and if Luke thinks I can add a bit to our team then I will continue to play... I certainly hope people think of me as a goer and someone that does everything he can for the team and not just that fat bloke in the forward line.... Haha...
Anyway Lavo are certainly on the right track and I would expect them to go close in most games this year altho the Kenna injury may hurt if he is not back soon...
Very proud of the vales boys from the weekend we fought out the game really well and we are playing better and better as the weeks start to mount.
Hope all have a great Easter and by the sounds of it Justin I may have to get on the watermelon over Easter instead of the good old chocolate bunnies and eggs haha
Go vales and everyone who is inspired by Stewy Dew haha

Haha sorry mate, definitely not paying you out there as you were more than able to hold your own on Saturday as I am sure you will all season. Just alluding to the fact that you don't have to be a whippet, ripped and have a six pack at our level to be effective.... A crack made at Thommo and Scott Bell posted on here about their weight...

Kenna won't be out to long and the 3 week break should be enough time to have him back and raring to go!

Being the best Division 2 team in years means nothing especially when the tag goes to a team who has already won the division 2 flag in the last couple of years and choose to stay down. Well done on the sudden recruits and fortunes and on the first 3 games, but at this point in time its only 3 more W's in the record book. Alot of pressure is now on as the expectations for the year are very high, all i can say is if you want to regain some respect when you win, and yes i said when you win, just go up. its already been proven a divvy 2 team can do it even without out the $$ budget of others. Look forward to the last game of the year for divvy 2.

very true. I smile at all the comparisons to the Altona of a few years ago when sides are playing well.........but staying down is a strike in my book. Yarraville were premiers in 2000 in Div 2 and went through the season losing only one game to Glenorden in the last round. If we had have stayed down a season i think we would have had no trouble in retaining pretty much every player and adding a few new recruits as well.......amazing what the word premiership can do to recruiting.

Obviously good reasons for staying down for any club but i applaud clubs like North who have gone up because they believe they can mix it in Div 1.

On a side note - excellent post Laverton magpies. Glad to see a bit of passion shown by Choofa, Corey and yourself (and Evo for that matter who speaks in the same tone)..........guys who love their club and only want the best............sets them up for the future i say :thumbsu:

agree 100%......

Weapons from what i have seen they are way and above any other side in divy 2 in along time.Would beat your last premiership side by aleast 10 goals and that side beat Parks who went through the year not losing a game.

Weapons from what i have seen they are way and above any other side in divy 2 in along time.Would beat your last premiership side by aleast 10 goals and that side beat Parks who went through the year not losing a game.

and dont we all know the game they did lose......

but anyway to judge this years team on the 09 team is ludicrous.....the 09 team come from behind in 3 out of the 4 finals which shows character guts and determination and a bit of self belief......which in itself is a testament to who ever played and the coaching staff.....

im yet to see this years team play catch up footy and more to the point they havnt played finals yet so i cant judge on the past and present teams.......what i can say is that the 09 team have a flag and this years team hasnt......your opinions are noted but i wont be judging untill the last game of the year.....IF they make it.....

All I have publicly stated from the outset has been and will be the above and I truly believe that we have the 'potential' to finish anywhere between 3-6th this season - never mentioned a premiership! If we finish 3-5th then clearly we have made finals and 6th or less and we haven't...

Too many people in football get ahead of themselves with ego's about themselves, their club and people are all very keen to jump on the negatives of anything or anyone. To be honest it is the people in this world that are constantly negative that are the exact reason they probably don't achieve anything in life themselves and/or fall short of where they could have been.... But that is another story...

We lost on Saturday because of a number of reasons. We simply cannot win a a game of football when we play well for 1 of 4 quarters. We will address that and as the young side that we are, we will learn and improve from it. Having a bench of 1 for the last half of the game didn't help and nor did losing Kenna with an ankle injury very early in the game - but these are not excuses, but clearly didn't help our cause. We lost to a side that didn't fight or argue with themselves or umpires are very well drilled and very disciplined to play there part for the team and each other. They were the better side on the day and we knew we had to be on top of our game to beat them because of that, so well done Luke and great to catch up for a chat after the game.

FOOTNOTE: Luke Dennerly is one of the nicer guys going around in footy with no ego about himself or his club - and just like me he is keen to help boost the image of his club and the league. Well done Luke and the Wyndamvale Falcons! :thumbsu:

We would have taken to be 2-1 after the first 3 games if you asked us before the season started and we are there and have North Sunshine next game after the bye. (Yes it is a game we intend on winning and taking us to be 3-1).

Anyone asking questions about us or comments from the horses mouth, if you are not involved in our club and not at training on a Tuesday or Thursday night, you will not be getting an answer fom me. We have a bunch of committed players (at varying levels) but on the whole they are my boys and they are improving. For Division 2 football and with not paying ANY players at our club to be there, we have a great bond and a great commitment. I am very proud of where we have come from and where we are heading!

As for 'fat' or overweight players... correct me if I am wrong but 'Evo' would have been the most overweight player on the ground on Saturday and he kicked 5 goals and was very damaging against us, so feel free to pick from the other side of the fence but as most will attest, winning a premiership takes more than just talent or buying the best players available to put a side out there, it takes culture, commitment, pride, attitude, fitness, strength, belief, talent, attitude, etc...

Some good examples of this being Parkside in 2009 - best side all season and won EVERY game for the season by an average of 50 odd points, yet lost on the big day.... Albanvale have played in 15 consecutive finals series I believe (feel free to correct me if I am wrong) and have not won a flag?

It takes a hell of a lot to put the whole package together and we are working at being the best we can be with the limited resources we have and we are doing a mighty fine job of it...

I expect as always the 'negative' people to pick out parts of this and disect to look for something I have said or done and have a crack at me, us or Lavo and good luck to you.

Laverton Magpies FC won 2 games in 2010 and we have now already won 2 of our first 3 games, so we have and will improve on last season and that for us is a great start... We now have 13 games to go (and 2 byes)where we will lose at least 3-5 more games so being realistic, we ARE going to lose more games and it will not be the end of the world! What our job to do is WIN as many as possible and that is how footy works!

Go Lavo!

albanvale have played 35 finals series in a row.........hahahaha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its good to finally get that win its been a long time waiting for the West Boyz plenty of good signs for the club can't wait to test ourselves against the best i see Leigh Mcinerny is playing for coburg quality player 1 to look out for.

Good call, ( if its true )
I personally dout it, but who knows these days. Jacobs, cloke and wigins to div1, Condos to div2, and rumour that possible brodie holland, so you never know.
Harro played and was amongst it at the top of div one, two years ago as playing coach, so i dare say he would be a massive recruit to albanvale and a huge addition to thier apparent tallented list. Very strong, would possibly be the toughest bloke and best footy brain in division 2. But i wouldnt set it in concrete, i think his work commitments are demanding, couldnt see him being last years div1 premiership coach to drop down to a top three div2 side in 6 months.

Paul Harrison is 100% playing at Albanvale. Trained last night
Also add to that Lee Braun :)

I believe both guys clearances were done last night.

Correct Uniden - its on wrfl website - couple of very wise heads there..!! Interesting to see how Brauny goes in a top half side

ALBIONALBANVALEHarrison, PaulApproved26/04/1127/04/11

BRAYBROOKALBANVALEBraun, LeeApproved26/04/1127/04/11

gee good ol weapo on the money.......who cares about these hacks!!!!

though my momentum for lavo as the premiership favourites has now shifted.........

cobra's for the flag 2011......

gee imagine harro and docherty leave to go back to the doutta stars and get them back up the ladder......thats what im hearing in summer bay!!!!

also big drama's at west i hear a couple of weeks ago..........apparently phipps and king were at it again with a few fisty cuffs.......gee wizz.........

any truth to this rumor?????

gee good ol weapo on the money.......who cares about these hacks!!!!

also big drama's at west i hear a couple of weeks ago..........apparently phipps and king were at it again with a few fisty cuffs.......gee wizz.........

any truth to this rumor?????
Don't know what u r trying to stir but there has been no problems between king and phipps things at west r going fine good numbers at training im just looking forward to west playing good footy over the nxt few weeks & getting some wins so a 5k bet with 70 points in would be risky against the Roosters

Breaking news...Victoria police on standby for riot similar to the sudenese beauty pagent at Parkside today. Turner and co returning to the scene of who knows what happened last year. Wonder if smackers singlet will get burnt before or after the game similar to mad monday last year? bit light hearted but better than hearing how many 1000's of goals deer park won bye hey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back