Western Region FL - Divy 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That maybe correct Philo and I know I won’t be speaking for everyone when I say I’d rather lose with honour than win by breaking the rules of the sport .I actually feel sorry for the players being coerced into this environment. In 20 years time a lot of them may look back and think what was that all about ?

If there's one thing that football administrations, players and the majority of followers share, it's that they find it too easy to overlook indiscretions and tend to concentrate on the result. The result in terms of flags and bank balance may be the only things that come to mind when the 'coerced' reflect on their local footy career. The ends justifies the means, Bully. Local clubs have lived by that mantra for years, some more so than others. Can't see the relevant players being too worried about breaking rules when reflecting on their Herculean efforts.;)

I see that WRFL has split the U18 comp. Hopefully this will get rid of some lopsided games

Interesting to look at it though. Out of the 13 teams, 10 belong to Div. 1 clubs, 1 x Ammos, 1 x Div. 2 and 1 x GDFL. Albion and DP only Div. 1 clubs not having a team. Some good kids running around in the U18's with most not getting a run in the seniors next year due to needing development or not up to Div.1 football. Surprised that more Div. 2 and 3 clubs are not looking to recruit these kids rather than taking guys who have been around the same divisions for years. There would be a 20 odd kids ready for Div 2 senior football right now given the chance.

I see that WRFL has split the U18 comp. Hopefully this will get rid of some lopsided games

Interesting to look at it though. Out of the 13 teams, 10 belong to Div. 1 clubs, 1 x Ammos, 1 x Div. 2 and 1 x GDFL. Albion and DP only Div. 1 clubs not having a team. Some good kids running around in the U18's with most not getting a run in the seniors next year due to needing development or not up to Div.1 football. Surprised that more Div. 2 and 3 clubs are not looking to recruit these kids rather than taking guys who have been around the same divisions for years. There would be a 20 odd kids ready for Div 2 senior football right now given the chance.

Any kid with some talent and capabilities to play div1 is wasting there time playing crap footy in WRFL div2. Surely they stay and push there claims. Especially with the points and salary cap more div1 teams will go with youth mixed in with experience and top line recruits.. That’s my opinion!!

Any kid with some talent and capabilities to play div1 is wasting there time playing crap footy in WRFL div2. Surely they stay and push there claims. Especially with the points and salary cap more div1 teams will go with youth mixed in with experience and top line recruits.. That’s my opinion!!
Some Div. 1 clubs are not giving opportunities to the u18 players.
Alot of clubs are trying to compete on unlevel terms and go get ready made players for Div. 1 rather then put effort into developing juniors.
Then you get clubs wanting players to put in full pre seasons to play all year in the reserves for nothing. Bring the points system down further and then it will make clubs develop more juniors.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

What a joke the way they have done this. They can still split the divisions for remaining rounds, but should be the top 5 playing of for Div 1 positions then automatically play finals and then the next 8 playing for the top 5 for finals in Div 2. Now you will have a team ending up 6th, purely because they couldn't 'manipulate' there wins/loses as good as the teams below them missing finals altogether, and a team who effectively ends up 11th playing finals. The league was dumb enough to announce this at the beginning of the year. Another stuff up by the WRFL Admin.

What a joke the way they have done this. They can still split the divisions for remaining rounds, but should be the top 5 playing of for Div 1 positions then automatically play finals and then the next 8 playing for the top 5 for finals in Div 2. Now you will have a team ending up 6th, purely because they couldn't 'manipulate' there wins/loses as good as the teams below them missing finals altogether, and a team who effectively ends up 11th playing finals. The league was dumb enough to announce this at the beginning of the year. Another stuff up by the WRFL Admin.
Was communicated to clubs before round 1 ,trucka have seen every game my club has played and ladder positions are just about spot on . Unfortunately from 6 spot down huge gap in talent is obvious and from my observation no club has manipulated there win/ loses .

Was communicated to clubs before round 1 ,trucka have seen every game my club has played and ladder positions are just about spot on . Unfortunately from 6 spot down huge gap in talent is obvious and from my observation no club has manipulated there win/ loses .

I am sure most clubs would be trying to win but you can't tell me some clubs didn't manipulate certain games against certain clubs. And even if there was no manipulation, why should a team that ends up 6th not play finals but a team that ends up 11th get the opportunity to play & experience finals.

Can someone please explain what the situation is with the U/18 comp. I wasn't aware there was going to be a split into 2 divisions. Please tell me there isn't going to be a finals series in Div2.

Can someone please explain what the situation is with the U/18 comp. I wasn't aware there was going to be a split into 2 divisions. Please tell me there isn't going to be a finals series in Div2.

Yep. Top 6 become Div 1 & play last 5 rounds with the top 5 going onto play finals, leaving ONE team, effectively 6th team, not playing finals. The remaining 7 teams make up Div 2 and play 4 rounds with the top 5 playing finals

Wow! Does anyone else think this is absolute madness? Why with 5 rounds to go would you split into 2 divisions? Is this so the league can make money from finals? Why have 6 teams with a final 5? If your club was sitting in 6th & 7th on the weekend wouldn't you just forfeit the match so you wouldn't finish in 6th position and have to play the 5 sides above you to make finals. You'd be better of finishing 7th and playing in the finals of 2nd division. Why wouldn't they just keep one division and have a top 8? Why do clubs continue allowing the WRFL to make a mockery of the league? Surely the clubs could've objected to this ridiculous decision.

Yep. Top 6 become Div 1 & play last 5 rounds with the top 5 going onto play finals, leaving ONE team, effectively 6th team, not playing finals. The remaining 7 teams make up Div 2 and play 4 rounds with the top 5 playing finals
Incorrect.
The Div 1 made up of 6 teams all will play finals, it’s a final 6 makeup.
Div 2 will be a final 5

Here is how it will work for the Under 18’s
Only thing wrong is that Div 2 will only have 4 more home and away games so they can have a 4 week finals, where Div 2 seniors is only a 3 week finals series.

Attachments

• 6B61A8C0-6FE3-4F07-9A3B-33C87E89CF8B.jpeg
    6B61A8C0-6FE3-4F07-9A3B-33C87E89CF8B.jpeg
    181.7 KB · Views: 263
I am sure most clubs would be trying to win but you can't tell me some clubs didn't manipulate certain games against certain clubs. And even if there was no manipulation, why should a team that ends up 6th not play finals but a team that ends up 11th get the opportunity to play & experience finals.

There was one team who definitely manipulated the result to ensure they stayed in the bottom pool two weeks ago. Not too hard to work out who it was based on the results that week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know why the WRFL website doesn't have any results or details for any of the games played in the U/18's this year?

Does anyone know why the WRFL website doesn't have any results or details for any of the games played in the U/18's this year?

Don't want you to be able to work out which games teams tanked in. As there will be a U18 Div 2 Premier, will there be an U18 Div 2 B&F winner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back