Bay Area
AFL Club
Carlton
Round 1
Albion by 9pts over Altona
Spotswood by 23pts over Port Colts
Sunshine by 98pts over Yarraville
Hoppers by 19pts over Werribee Districts

Pretty quiet on here for this time of year... except for Deer Park rumoured to sign every delisted AFL player available.... what else is happening?

where is Spotswood playing home games next season? The ground has been dug up and I believe out of action for a while...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, I was speaking to a good mate who speaks with Vinnie Turcinovic often and if half of what I was told is even remotely true, the wow. Pretty ordinary by Yarraville.

Don’t speak in riddles... tell us what happened!

Fair enough. I'll start by saying I am more than happy to be corrected, but...

Players went to the assistant to voice concerns who didn't tell VT and instead went to the President. VT called in for a meeting, told he needed to reapply (even though a handshake agreement was made mid-year) and ambushed with info passed on by the assistant.

Fair enough. I'll start by saying I am more than happy to be corrected, but...

Players went to the assistant to voice concerns who didn't tell VT and instead went to the President. VT called in for a meeting, told he needed to reapply (even though a handshake agreement was made mid-year) and ambushed with info passed on by the assistant.

I guess most of the successful clubs would usually advertise or at least see if any coaches are available and then you weigh up who’s the best option. VT is a decent bloke who always tries his best and he got them a premiership (even if it should have happened 1 year earlier) but does he have the contacts to recruit? Especially now it’s another level for div1 footy??
As for the handshake agreement I’m told that didn’t happen and you would have to think a club would be very silly to offer that mid season. Always going to be decided after the season! He was appointed for 2 years and both parties fulfilled there obligations.

As for VT his resume has improved as he got a coaching opportunity at YSE. That’s got to help him continue with coaching. Question: why hasn’t he got another job? Why didn’t he get the Altona job? Is VT more suited to coaching B grade level??
Yes his a very nice person but is he a top division coach?

In closing I think the new coach is a good appointment moving forward. But that no disrespect to VT.

PS: I know VT through the footy traps but not personally, however I, like most people, wish him well. Anyone that coaches has a passion for footy.

I guess most of the successful clubs would usually advertise or at least see if any coaches are available and then you weigh up who’s the best option. VT is a decent bloke who always tries his best and he got them a premiership (even if it should have happened 1 year earlier) but does he have the contacts to recruit? Especially now it’s another level for div1 footy??
As for the handshake agreement I’m told that didn’t happen and you would have to think a club would be very silly to offer that mid season. Always going to be decided after the season! He was appointed for 2 years and both parties fulfilled there obligations.

As for VT his resume has improved as he got a coaching opportunity at YSE. That’s got to help him continue with coaching. Question: why hasn’t he got another job? Why didn’t he get the Altona job? Is VT more suited to coaching B grade level??
Yes his a very nice person but is he a top division coach?

In closing I think the new coach is a good appointment moving forward. But that no disrespect to VT.

PS: I know VT through the footy traps but not personally, however I, like most people, wish him well. Anyone that coaches has a passion for footy.

Vinnie is a great guy. Really down to earth. A good footy brain and I think it's a shame he won't be coaching.

With regard to recruiting, let's take Altona and Saade for example. In 4 years, his only recruit was Rose. AT Spotswood, Ace didn't really attract anyone either. My point being, I don't think the coach has much to do with the recruitment of players anymore. It's more to do with dollars. So from that perspective, and given his replacement, I'm not sure why they replaced him.

In any case, Vinnie will bounce back and best of luck to Yarraville.

Vinnie is a great guy. Really down to earth. A good footy brain and I think it's a shame he won't be coaching.

With regard to recruiting, let's take Altona and Saade for example. In 4 years, his only recruit was Rose. AT Spotswood, Ace didn't really attract anyone either. My point being, I don't think the coach has much to do with the recruitment of players anymore. It's more to do with dollars. So from that perspective, and given his replacement, I'm not sure why they replaced him.

I do hear you but being promoted to div1 is a different case to coaching Altona or Spotty. I think Saade got a few more. Tighe, Kennedy from memory..

I do hear you but being promoted to div1 is a different case to coaching Altona or Spotty. I think Saade got a few more. Tighe, Kennedy from memory..

Having Juniors return to the club to play with their mates isn’t really Recruiting.... Mind you, he did Get Tom Mundy to Altona who from what I heard was fantastic when he wasn’t at Willy.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Having Juniors return to the club to play with their mates isn’t really Recruiting.... Mind you, he did Get Tom Mundy to Altona who from what I heard was fantastic when he wasn’t at Willy.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
As well as Mundy he did also bring in around 40k worth of sponsors as well to pay said players to come back

great to see VT getting the gig at Braybrook this week
at least he’s not a lost coach now

Very quite here
What’s everyone’s thoughts on this team of the decade
Looks like they are only thinking of the last 5 years so far.
Back in 2010 Glen Manton was the best centre half back going around but they put Post there

Attachments

• 832A7731-CF35-4DBE-A162-3D818BE44B3F.jpeg
    832A7731-CF35-4DBE-A162-3D818BE44B3F.jpeg
    233.9 KB · Views: 418

Remove this Banner Ad

Back