Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

yeah ill back you to kick another 9 on the bloke who came from epping whos playing at hoppers now i honestly cant remember him doing anything special while playing in the valley and to be honest done nothing when the colts played hoppers first time round and after watching your good self chopsewie i rate you and cooper as 2 of the best players i seen play in the valley in all my time of watching

touch of class said:
yeah ill back you to kick another 9 on the bloke who came from epping whos playing at hoppers now i honestly cant remember him doing anything special while playing in the valley and to be honest done nothing when the colts played hoppers first time round and after watching your good self chopsewie i rate you and cooper as 2 of the best players i seen play in the valley in all my time of watching
Any thing you need mate give me a yell

13-CABS said:
Get along well with a few of your boys from my jets days, guys like brennan, bryce, matty bellingham and stacey... they might tell ya im an ok bloke haha!
Just sidetracking alittle here, but did u play with a kid named Bonett at jets. I think he was with Port Colts but havent seen his name around foe awile. Is he still there?

westysrule said:
Just sidetracking alittle here, but did u play with a kid named Bonett at jets. I think he was with Port Colts but havent seen his name around foe awile. Is he still there?

torren bonnett still plays at port colts and is a very important player in a strong side, had a few injuries at the start of the year but he is starting to build some momentum and play some good footy
hey westy noticed that you follow the crows not many victorians do that maybe 1 or 2 your part of a select group

sunline 11 said:
I would put my hand up for any challenge.

I always seem to line up on a good colts forward, going back a bit I know, but I remember playing on the likes of Harlem, Love and Tuddenaham (97,98), so if I line up on Clarkey it will be a good challenge, but like I said, that will be up to the coaching committee.

is that jack love that played for nth?

sunline 11 said:
I would put my hand up for any challenge.

I always seem to line up on a good colts forward, going back a bit I know, but I remember playing on the likes of Harlem, Love and Tuddenaham (97,98), so if I line up on Clarkey it will be a good challenge, but like I said, that will be up to the coaching committee.

where were you playing in 98 coz the odds are you would've got smashed and that is not an indicment on you the colts in 98 were an awesome side and dominated that season
also don't think you will get the job on clarkey i think he's too quick for you no offence intended but he only needs to get it 6 times and he'll kick 6 goals that is the match up that would be most concerning for frosty

How do u guys think Steven Lane from West Footscray Div2 would go in Div1 ... he seems to kick 100 goals every year in Div2

unit27 said:
How do u guys think Steven Lane from West Footscray Div2 would go in Div1 ... he seems to kick 100 goals every year in Div2

the gap between division 1 and 2 is massive and lane would struggle big time, he's pushing 40 isn't he, better off in div 2 enjoying his footy

cold pies said:
the gap between division 1 and 2 is massive and lane would struggle big time, he's pushing 40 isn't he, better off in div 2 enjoying his footy

Yeh mate hes about 39 , maybe 5-10 yrs ago he couldve done well in Div1.

beefeater1000 said:
is that jack love that played for nth?
Yeah thats the one meant to be one of the better park footballers, how old were you when you played on him Sunline and who won?

Here is my tips for the week.

Parks v Yarra- Surely Parkside will realise that they have to sort of take each game a little bit seriously after last weeks debacle. If they are off the juice on Friday night and then they will win easy, if they are on the juice, they will probably still win!!

Colts v St Albans- The saints will be boyed by last weeks result and will come out breathing fire thinking that a win here can push them intot he finals. However the clots will be like a fire engine on the flame, colts to pump the water through the hose half way through the second quarter and post a good win. Colts need percentage and will be looking for it here.

Albion v Spotty- Are we seeing a late season spotty resurgence, ala 2005. Albion are hot one week, and in iceland the next, at home they will put up a yelp however spotty will roll over the top of them.

Altona v Hoppers- I admire the way the vikings go about their footy, they may not have have as much talent as the finals bound teams, but they have a crack. Their home ground is big alike hoppers, hoppers are at full strength and should win easy. They will want to increase their already impressive percentage with this one.

Sunny have the bye which i am wrapt about, a week away from footy.

Cheers
Travvy

Travvy43 said:

Parks v Yarra- Surely Parkside will realise that they have to sort of take each game a little bit seriously after last weeks debacle. If they are off the juice on Friday night and then they will win easy, if they are on the juice, they will probably still win!!

Colts v St Albans- The saints will be boyed by last weeks result and will come out breathing fire thinking that a win here can push them intot he finals. However the clots will be like a fire engine on the flame, colts to pump the water through the hose half way through the second quarter and post a good win. Colts need percentage and will be looking for it here.

Albion v Spotty- Are we seeing a late season spotty resurgence, ala 2005. Albion are hot one week, and in iceland the next, at home they will put up a yelp however spotty will roll over the top of them.

Altona v Hoppers- I admire the way the vikings go about their footy, they may not have have as much talent as the finals bound teams, but they have a crack. Their home ground is big alike hoppers, hoppers are at full strength and should win easy. They will want to increase their already impressive percentage with this one.

Sunny have the bye which i am wrapt about, a week away from footy.

Cheers
Travvy

travvy old boy enjoy reading your posts but get fair dinkum when was the last time albion was hot, go through all their players and they have a good list they just never stand up, spotty will pump them i reckon
last time st albans beat parks it didn't help them much the following week although we expect them to be committed, as for you blokes enjoy the spell coz their is a big month of footy coming up

cold pies said:
but get fair dinkum when was the last time albion was hot

Fair point, just had a look at their results and they have only really beaten spotty. When they play the lower teams they touch them up (with the exception of been beaten by altona a couple of weeks ago- that was an Iceland day!!) but they have struggled against better teams.

Maybe is should rephrase it:

Albion v Spotty: Jump on spotty, they are monties.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Travvy43 said:
Fair point, just had a look at their results and they have only really beaten spotty. When they play the lower teams they touch them up (with the exception of been beaten by altona a couple of weeks ago- that was an Iceland day!!) but they have struggled against better teams.

Maybe is should rephrase it:

Albion v Spotty: Jump on spotty, they are monties.

who will you blokes be watching this week

cold pies said:
who will you blokes be watching this week

Would not have a clue who the boys will be watching (probably Parkside and Colts), but i am off to Lorne for the weekend.

Travvy43 said:
Would not have a clue who the boys will be watching (probably Parkside and Colts), but i am off to Lorne for the weekend.

need to freshen up do you oh well enjoy the break:thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

sunline theres a few questions there for you where are you, hopefully youll answer them all

cold pies said:
hey westy noticed that you follow the crows not many victorians do that maybe 1 or 2 your part of a select group
My fault fogot 2 put my team in an they put crows in cos they were first on the list. Just fixed it. thanks for the info.

cold pies said:
need to freshen up do you oh well enjoy the break:thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:
Mr Cold Pies seems abit quite on here without Obe1 l wonder where he is he has alot of explaining to do after some decsion last week.

Heard Heildelberg are going to the EFL along with Balywn to make a 12 team Div 1 fair comp already now could be abit of a super comp

WRFLfan said:
Mr Cold Pies seems abit quite on here without Obe1 l wonder where he is he has alot of explaining to do after some decsion last week.

Heard Heildelberg are going to the EFL along with Balywn to make a 12 team Div 1 fair comp already now could be abit of a super comp

could take over the vfl and become the biggest comp in victoria, as for the great obe1 he'd have to be in therapy by now wouldn't he, does anyone know how to umpire these days

Travvy43 said:

Now trav my old buddy i know we all can write things with out thinking, but we do not need percentage at all,if we are going to be a real premiership threat, we should definately win three of our last 5,in doing so will give us a top 3 spot then if we win all 5 which we believe we can do we will get top spot.The difference of percentage between us and hoppers is to big a gap to close and with all the top sides having to play each other im sure we can hold on to top 3 without doubt.

ROCK07 said:
Now trav my old buddy i know we all can write things with out thinking, but we do not need percentage at all,if we are going to be a real premiership threat, we should definately win three of our last 5,in doing so will give us a top 3 spot then if we win all 5 which we believe we can do we will get top spot.The difference of percentage between us and hoppers is to big a gap to close and with all the top sides having to play each other im sure we can hold on to top 3 without doubt.

Again fair point.

We are yet to see my favourite big footy moment of the week, where you predict how many you will kick this week???

If not today, i am looking forward to it tomorrow.

FYI i have included the forecast for Saturday below:

Saturday Local fog then fine. Min 5 Max 15

ROCK07 said:
Travvy43 said:

Yeah spot on while your tips are good and lightly funny l think you need to think about some of you comments apart from that keep the good work up see you soon.

Aslo did you play on and how did you go against Carson?

Travvy43 said:
Again fair point.

We are yet to see my favourite big footy moment of the week, where you predict how many you will kick this week???

If not today, i am looking forward to it tomorrow.

FYI i have included the forecast for Saturday below:

Saturday Local fog then fine. Min 5 Max 15

I Think the chance to get the ton might have gone,as you mite agree on ,as i seen that you dont rate me at all, after only seeing me play once but that is your opinion.
Back to your question i was thinking about shutting up as since i kicked six against parkside,seddon folded albion were happy just to stop me, and loose by 95 points in the process[well coached by goldie that day]then we had to play in a swimming pool last week All in all my confidence is still very high and with good conditions this week im going for a bag of 6 but, we are just focusing on winning first mate ,as we are very hurt by what happened last week and it's got us back to being the hunters for the rest of the season and we cant wait to play hoppers and you guys in the next few weeks,BUT FIRST ST.ALBANS

chopsewie said:
.no miller has played at north in the past seven years since ive been there. when i come down for a rest in the second half ask the coaching staff if you can have a crack at me i d like that.

I was asked who I played on, on the weekend, and the answer was Millar (plays for Sunshine). I'm talking about the game when you guys played us at Epping and you won by 1 point around 4 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back