What are the question marks over your team in 2022?

Remove this Banner Ad

Would have ended with pick 13, not 41, so saying he was Valued at 41 means nothing, we wanted to upgrade a pick, but it didnt go

I have, and they did, we just didnt like the offers, wasnt a fire sale, we would have traded the players if that was the case

I never said you would get pick 41, read the post properly. I said the pick upgrade left Breust at a value of pick 41.

Pick 13 = 1,212 points

Pick 24 = 785 points
Pick 41 = 412 points (Breust)

If you didn’t like the offers, it might be because you value them higher than what they’re actually worth. A players worth is what someone is willing to pay and in Hawthorns case it wasn’t much.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I never said you would get pick 41, read the post properly. I said the pick upgrade left Breust at a value of pick 41.

Pick 13 = 1,212 points

Pick 24 = 785 points
Pick 41 = 412 points (Breust)

If you didn’t like the offers, it might be because you value them higher than what they’re actually worth. A players worth is what someone is willing to pay and in Hawthorns case it wasn’t much.

LOL, a points value index explainer

We wanted to upgrade a pick, this was potentially an option, has nothing to do with points value

Then it wasnt a fire sale

That's not how a players worth is valued, not at all

Hawks fans arent in denial at all, we are just generally pretty happy with how a lot of our younger players are looking despite not being top 10 picks.

It’s not outrageous to say that Scrimshaw, Worpel, Jiath, Bramble, Kosi, Lewis, Newcombe, Brockman, Reeves, Moore etc All look like they have bright futures at AFL level, on top of Day, DGB and Ward who have been drafted early.

Apparently people like yourself take offense at Hawks fans being quite content with how the list is tracking.

I take offence at posters LOLing and getting their knickers in knots when someone doesn't agree with them. Then beating their chests saying others have no idea about football or the quality of the Hawks list.

Pretty childish actually.

Funny how you have all back tracked and calmed down after multiple others have said the same thing.......you are over rating unproven talent.

Feel free to be content.....Knock yourselves out. Just dont be total dicks when others don't agree with your views. Thats all.

Hawks fans arent in denial at all, we are just generally pretty happy with how a lot of our younger players are looking despite not being top 10 picks.

It’s not outrageous to say that Scrimshaw, Worpel, Jiath, Bramble, Kosi, Lewis, Newcombe, Brockman, Reeves, Moore etc All look like they have bright futures at AFL level, on top of Day, DGB and Ward who have been drafted early.

Apparently people like yourself take offense at Hawks fans being quite content with how the list is tracking.
It's little wonder you rate Scrimshaw so highly.

He is a top 10 talent. Drafted at pick 7 in the ND.

We wanted to upgrade a pick, this was potentially an option, has nothing to do with points value

I get that you wanted to upgrade a pick, I just think it’s paying overs to do so. The funny thing is you would have agreed to it if Breust had of agreed. That’s how desperate Mitchell was to bring in high end talent. If that’s the best offer that came your way, then good luck topping up with high picks in years to come.

What do you mean a players ‘worth’ can’t be valued with draft picks? Players get traded for picks multiple times literally every year. How do both parties come to an agreement? They determine a players value and handover a pick.

The simple fact is that the Hawks went out with a plan to get more picks in the 1st round for which they failed.
They offered players on very good terms, but couldn't get deals done, whether it was because the player didn't want to move interstate, or other clubs just weren't interested in paying a 1st round pick for these established players, even with the added incentive of part funding their salary.

No doubt the Hawks were desperate. But with already the debacle over the Clarko situation, the last thing they could be seen doing is forcing these players out.

The simple fact is that the Hawks went out with a plan to get more picks in the 1st round for which they failed.
They offered players on very good terms, but couldn't get deals done, whether it was because the player didn't want to move interstate, or other clubs just weren't interested in paying a 1st round pick for these established players, even with the added incentive of part funding their salary.

No doubt the Hawks were desperate. But with already the debacle over the Clarko situation, the last thing they could be seen doing is forcing these players out.
Correct

It's little wonder you rate Scrimshaw so highly.

He is a top 10 talent. Drafted at pick 7 in the ND.
You wouldn’t know what the way people carry on like he’s no good because we traded for him.

I take offence at posters LOLing and getting their knickers in knots when someone doesn't agree with them. Then beating their chests saying others have no idea about football or the quality of the Hawks list.

Pretty childish actually.

Funny how you have all back tracked and calmed down after multiple others have said the same thing.......you are over rating unproven talent.

Feel free to be content.....Knock yourselves out. Just dont be total dicks when others don't agree with your views. Thats all.
People were LOL’ing at your posts because you didn’t know what you were talking about.

It wasn’t a matter of opinion it was that you were clearly wrong in some of the things you were you kept carrying on about, like McEvoy being a key Defender or Lynch being our only ruckman.

If I said West Coast eagles only have one key forward, that’s not a matter of opinion, it’s factually wrong.

People were LOL’ing at your posts because you didn’t know what you were talking about.

It wasn’t a matter of opinion it was that you were clearly wrong in some of the things you were you kept carrying on about, like McEvoy being a key Defender or Lynch being our only ruckman.

If I said West Coast eagles only have one key forward, that’s not a matter of opinion, it’s factually wrong.
Lol.

My my look who is rewritting the narrative.

Never said Lynch being your only ruck..I asked who the Hawks ruck was now, and then mentioned Lynch being a reject from Collingwood.

Misquoting posters is a desperate act......

Is said McEvoy played defense in 21, it was actually 2020. What a huge win for you......not.

I questioned the quality and depth of the Hawks kp defense. Nothing really funny about that, its a valid point.

Then you and some nupties started listing every player over 190cm as being decent tall defenders.....even Sisicly as being some CHB who stands on talls every so often was the tall defender you rated.

So stop trying to rewrite history.

And I will keep repeating what Ive been saying to be clear. Hawks kp backs are thin on quality with DBG looking promicing but at 19 has years to develop. Sicily was good but is a 3rd tall and who knows how he will come back.

2022 will be a rebuild year and bottom 4 finish.

Lol.

Never said Lynch being your only ruck..I asked who the Hawks ruck was now, and then mentioned Lynch being a reject from Collingwood.

Is said McEvoy played defense in 21, it was actually 2020. What a huge win for you......not.

I questioned the quality and depth of the Hawks kp defense. Nothing really funny about that, its a valid point.

Then you and some nupties started listing every player over 190cm as being decent tall defenders.....even Sisicly as being some CHB who stands on talls every so often was the tall defender you rated.

And I will keep repeating what Ive been saying to be clear. Hawks kp backs are thin on quality with DBG looking promicing but at 19 has years to develop. Sicily was good but is a 3rd tall and who knows how he will come back.

Hawks > Eagles champ

Lol.

You know that your posts are easily found, yeah?

No need to lie and make out like you didn't write that Lynch was our ruck.

Who's the ruck at the Hawks again? Some Pies reject?

And here's you post about McEvoy and Frost being our only key defenders.
Ruck set up unproven and key backs young with Frost and McEvoy battling on bravely.

Take your own advice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we adjust the game plan from the kick and mark control the ball to something that can combat the chaos game we see now ?
Are we too old without enough legs?
Can we see a player step up and replace Shep?
Will another Ruckman step up and ease the pressure on Nic?
Will Shuey break down again ?
Will Chesser get a game ?

You know that your posts are easily found, yeah?

No need to lie and make out like you didn't write that Lynch was our ruck.

And here's you post about McEvoy and Frost being our only key defenders.

Take your own advice.

Mate you just proved my very point. You misquoted me to try and sound intelligent.

I never said Lynch was the only ruck...I said he was a reject from Collingwood.....then you misquoted me......thanks for clearing that up for everyone.

And then you quoted me about rucks and KP backs are young with McEvoy and Frost battling on bravely. DGB is 19, that is young. Lynch is unproven....also correct. So what part of this is hard to get?

So McEvoy and Frost battling on holding the line in the ruck and KP defense is a valid point of view.

Now give it a rest before you make yourself look more silly.

Mate you just proved my very point. You misquoted me to try and sound intelligent.

I never said Lynch was the only ruck...I said he was a reject from Collingwood.....then you misquoted me......thanks for clearing that up for everyone.

And then you quoted me about rucks and KP backs are young with McEvoy and Frost battling on bravely. DGB is 19, that is young. Lynch is unproven....also correct. So what part of this is hard to get?

So McEvoy and Frost battling on holding the line in the ruck and KP defense is a valid point of view.

Now give it a rest before you make yourself look more silly.
Oh so, you didn’t write that the ruck setup was unproven?

Keep doubling down. 😂

Hawks > Eagles champ

Nothing to do with the conversation but whatever makes you happy. It doesn't take a lot from the look of things.

When does school start for you, soon?

Oh, more than happy to wager the Hawks finish below the Eagles in 2022. You guys don't realyy have home ground advantage.....especially when the side is the weakest its been in 10 years. :) :thumbsu: ;)

Oh so, you didn’t write that the ruck setup was unproven?

Keep doubling down. 😂

Lynch is an unproven ruck setup.

He was the Pies backup ruckman and played a handful of decent games. He has played a grand total of 3 AFL games. WOWEE!!!

How many games has he played working with the Hawks mids? Oh.....that would be zero.

Definition of unproven.

So like the defense and an aging Frost the Hawthorn ruck set up will rely on an aging McEvoy to battle on and hold the line in 2022.

Keep making yourself look silly if you want.

You are good at it.

What is your definition of a proven ruck set up BTW?

Last edited:
Lynch is an unproven ruck setup.

He was the Pies backup ruckman and played a handful of decent games. He has played a grand total of 3 AFL games. WOWEE!!!

How many games has he played working with the Hawks mids? Oh.....that would be zero.

Definition of unproven.

So like the defense and an aging Frost the Hawthorn ruck set up will rely on an aging McEvoy to battle on and hold the line in 2022.

Keep making yourself look silly if you want.

You are good at it.

What is your definition of a proven ruck set up BTW?
Did we delist McEvoy?

Did we delist McEvoy?

Can you read? Maybe this is the problem.

I mentioned McEvoy several times as the old bloke along with Frost who will need to battle on and hold the line in 2022. Do you think either will improve the Hawks best 22 in 2022 or the future? I certainly don't.

After McEvoy and Frost age wise rucks and tall backs it's then relatively unproven youth plus Sicily coming back from a major knee operation.

Quality depth is what I have been questioning at the Hawks. You posting 'what about McEvoy' just proves my point. He's 31 and not getting younger. He is capable but no world beater and he is Hawthorn' s number 1 ruck. Not much behind him other than a 3 games in Lynch.

Look forward to your next 'selective memory' post

Can you read? Maybe this is the problem.

I mentioned McEvoy several times as the old bloke along with Frost who will need to battle on and hold the line in 2022. Do you think either will improve the Hawks best 22 in 2022 or the future? I certainly don't.

After McEvoy and Frost age wise rucks and tall backs it's then relatively unproven youth plus Sicily coming back from a major knee operation.

Quality depth is what I have been questioning at the Hawks. You posting 'what about McEvoy' just proves my point. He's 31 and not getting younger. He is capable but no world beater and he is Hawthorn' s number 1 ruck. Not much behind him other than a 3 games in Lynch.

Look forward to your next 'selective memory' post
So our “unproven ruck set up” includes McEvoy or not?
You keep talking about Lynch, like he’s all we have, and by virtue of the fact you keep using the word “unproven” you either think McEvoy is gone or you’re just pretending he doesn’t exist.

As for Frost, again, you make it like he’s our sole tall defender, ignoring Hartigan who’s no star but certainly holds his own against the better tall forwards.

You’re seemingly holding out hope that Sicily wont return well from the ACL despite the fact that he was held back last year when he could’ve returned, and instead given the chance to concentrate on getting prepped for a full preseason, which he’s now having.

Regardless, Hartigan, Frost, Sicily and DGB are unlikely to play in the same team, and if you knew as much about the HFC list as you think you do, that much would be obvious, as it would also be obvious that Frost is the most likely to be pushed to Box Hill for DGB. Instead though, you keep harping on about Frost being our sole KPD and no one coming through under him, like he’s the pinnacle and only option to stand the oppositions tall forwards. 🤪

Remove this Banner Ad

Back