What are you currently watching?

Remove this Banner Ad

First episode of HBO's Westworld is just out.
Got through about 15 minutes before I turned it off. Won't bother. Didn't like the Yul Brynner movie, either. Seems well made but just not my cup of tea. I read somewhere the producers are hoping it will become the next GOT. Yeah, right.:rolleyes:

Been doing doing some insane hours of late. And finding myself plonking on Netflix to unwind. The after 1am viewing, as such.

So, seen a bunch of decent documentaries this week

The Bakley Marathons - wesome doco about what is arguably the toughest ultra-marathon in the world. Damn eccentric blokes run it too.

General Tso's chicken - about what is apparently the quintessential Chinese dish on Americanised Chinese restaurant menues. But also about immigrants, the way culture is adapted anc co-opted etc. Really good viewing.

Jiro dreams of sushi - about an 85 year old sushi master. And the 3 star Michelin resturant he runs next to a Japanese subway station. Great movie.

Been doing doing some insane hours of late. And finding myself plonking on Netflix to unwind. The after 1am viewing, as such.

The Bakley Marathons - wesome doco about what is arguably the toughest ultra-marathon in the world. Damn eccentric blokes run it too.

General Tso's chicken - about what is apparently the quintessential Chinese dish on Americanised Chinese restaurant menues. But also about immigrants, the way culture is adapted anc co-opted etc. Really good viewing.

Jiro dreams of sushi - about an 85 year old sushi master. And the 3 star Michelin resturant he runs next to a Japanese subway station. Great movie.
Heard Jiro was good. You watch any of chefs table?

Heard Jiro was good. You watch any of chefs table?

Jiro is great. Sadly, I finished watching it as my son was getting up for school. He said, "cool doco, I watched that a few weeks ago".

Yeah, I have seen a few of them.

I'm an Anhtony Bourdain fan. Love his shows. He has something to say. Something interesting.

On Netflix aagin: Searching for Sugarman was great also.

Been quite the week for early-hours viewing therapy.
I'm assuming you've seen Blackfish and for the more light-hearted the king of Kong

Two episodes into Westworld. Wondering if we have a deep rabbit hole or another Kettering mess on our hand just with a bigger budget.

Hoping it's going to keep building nicely.

The Missing, season 2, starts tomorrow in the UK.

And for all of you who haven't caught it, season 3 of The Fall has started and it's great.

Sent via telepathy

watched ep 3 of Westworld yesterday. Really can't work what is going on, not sure how many red herrings there are but it's got me interested, either its finding it's rhythm or i'm getting used to it.

Currently watching Season 1 of Daredevil on Netflix

Not sure if you can get a four part series called National Treasure? Was on Channel 4 recently in the U.K. A well loved and well known comedian is arrested for historical sexual abuses is the tale. Very relevant given the recent Operation Yewtree and other investigations. It was great to see Robbie Coltrane back in a leading role and Julie Walters as his wife was excellent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched Mind of a Chef, love season 1 with David Chang. The whole focus is on Japanese food, great watch.

Have you watched the doco on jiro's sushi on Netflix? It's great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jiro dreams of sushi? Great watch too. Last time i was in Tokyo i was trying to get into his place, or Sawada (featured in mind of a chef), no go for either of them.

That's the one. Was saying to Grizzlym junior it would be amazing to go to his joint. Best sushi in the world, made by the master.

Check out the Missing, mater. It's awesome.

Got through about 15 minutes before I turned it off. Won't bother. Didn't like the Yul Brynner movie, either. Seems well made but just not my cup of tea. I read somewhere the producers are hoping it will become the next GOT. Yeah, right.:rolleyes:
3 episodes in, not sure how long they can sustain the mystery.
One thing's for sure though... If they want to be the next GOT there needs to be more nudity.

Just finished Jiro, wife told me 10 minutes in I'm getting her Sushi tomorrow, she didn't even complain that it was subtitled

How freaking amazing is West World?

Can we get everyone that doesn't like it and exile them to Canada?
Nah make em barrack for GCS

Two episodes into Westworld. Wondering if we have a deep rabbit hole or another Kettering mess on our hand just with a bigger budget.

Hoping it's going to keep building nicely.

I'm all in on Westworld.

I've given Designated Survivor three episodes but when Kiefer charged the Govenor of Michigan with treason I feared it had jumped the shark. Anyone sticking with it?

I'm all in on Westworld.

I've given Designated Survivor three episodes but when Kiefer charged the Govenor of Michigan with treason I feared it had jumped the shark. Anyone sticking with it?
Yeah haven't watched that yet. Westworld is building nicely

Just finished Jiro, wife told me 10 minutes in I'm getting her Sushi tomorrow, she didn't even complain that it was subtitled

It's awesome. There's a Canadian woman, I think, who has a blog about her experiences eating at the great sushi retaurants.

There's a sushi restaurant in Glen Waverly (of all places) that has a bit of the Jiro about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back