What are you Listening to?

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyway, just found this cos I don’t get in the Lounge much. Good work, people.

Last week was my birthday and I took the opportunity to get a leave pass to Dave Graney's afternoon show at the Croxton.

Clare was playing with an all-girl 3-piece as the opening act and I’m all "lol, the drummer is easily the best musician in that band". Then Dave and the MistLY came on and I’m like, "there’s no shame in the drummer bein the best musician in your band if it’s Clare Moore." She’s so good. Just drives the sound of that outfit.

The other thing that happened for the birthday was the appearance of a reconditioned 1973-vintage Pioneer PL-12 turntable. So I can finally play the vinyl we picked up on our recent southern US trip (New Orleans, Nashville, Memphis). Sound great.

Thursday night is Zydeco Night at the Rock'n'Bowl ...

Nothing quite like Preservation Hall ...

And yes, I was That Guy who had to listen to Highway 61 Revisited while driving down Highway 61. In my defense, having spent the previous day in the Civil Rights Museum and getting a fresh appreciation for the civil rights upheaval of the '60s, then reflecting that the record came out in '65, gave it a bit of extra context.

And yes, I was That Guy who had to listen to Highway 61 Revisited while driving down Highway 61. In my defense, having spent the previous day in the Civil Rights Museum and getting a fresh appreciation for the civil rights upheaval of the '60s, then reflecting that the record came out in '65, gave it a bit of extra context.

I listened to "Penny Lane" walking down Penny Lane so you're forgiven.

Given it's Dylan, I guess it's not that much of a coincidence...but I was actually listening to 'Infidels' earlier today....

And it appears one Matt Johnson song wasn't enough to appease the footy and music gods re an announcement on Gaff.

So, gods, I humbly offer you another.

(This one with the magical powers of Johnny Marr to help get it over the line sooner rather than later.)

Last edited:
Cool band, Groggster.

Been on board ever since the first long-player. Not sure if "new bands" means you haven't had a chance yet to explore their back catalogue yet, but can highly recommend the stripped-back but gorgeous debut, and I'm a big fan of the sophomore album 'Awayland', too. Actually the one before 'Art Of Pretending To Swim' is a cracking listen, too.

Two thumbs up, man.
Just new for me mate.

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll definitely be checking those out.

Anyways, just came here to post this....in hope....as a joint offering to both the footy and music gods alike.

May today indeed be the day.

First line of that song is the last 20 pages of the trade and free agency thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyways, just came here to post this....in hope....as a joint offering to both the footy and music gods alike.

May today indeed be the day.

Here's the companion piece, kind of.

I waited for something, and something died
So I waited for nothing, and nothing arrived
It's our dearest ally, it's our closest friend
It's our darkest blackout, it's our final end
My dear sweet nothing, let's start a new
From here all in is just me and you

I listened to "Penny Lane" walking down Penny Lane so you're forgiven.

Given it's Dylan, I guess it's not that much of a coincidence...but I was actually listening to 'Infidels' earlier today....

Arguably his best lyrical work

Remove this Banner Ad

Back