Discussion What Footy Jumpers/Sports Uniforms Do You Own?

Remove this Banner Ad

The '94 jumpers look so good in the flesh, don't they MIKE85? Glad it ended up with one of the diehard Eagles supporters on here. How is your collection going?

The '94 jumpers look so good in the flesh, don't they MIKE85? Glad it ended up with one of the diehard Eagles supporters on here. How is your collection going?

I was going to say that, the photos don't do it justice, just the detail in the stitching and the effort that would have gone into each and every guernsey. Until I started collecting and saw FXD's website I never even knew that the eagles text and head were stitched on the guernseys in the same material as the wings, I just assumed it was that crappy felt stuff like on the retails. The thing I noticed though was that the hungry jacks writing on the back seems to be almost painted on too which is a little strange.
Collection is going well, I've sold a few over the months, mainly the retails and the ones I could live without, at the moment it's down to about 10, only player issues and a few one off's like the 06 premiership one. I'd love to see some pics of your collection, must be massive by now!!

I was going to say that, the photos don't do it justice, just the detail in the stitching and the effort that would have gone into each and every guernsey. Until I started collecting and saw FXD's website I never even knew that the eagles text and head were stitched on the guernseys in the same material as the wings, I just assumed it was that crappy felt stuff like on the retails. The thing I noticed though was that the hungry jacks writing on the back seems to be almost painted on too which is a little strange.

Off the top of my head, the 'Eagles' text and logo was actually felt on the player issues for the first 3 or so years.

Recent listings such as the Matera make me wonder what other rare early jumpers people have on their wall or stored away collecting dust.

Collection is going well, I've sold a few over the months, mainly the retails and the ones I could live without, at the moment it's down to about 10, only player issues and a few one off's like the 06 premiership one. I'd love to see some pics of your collection, must be massive by now

I saw you were selling a few of your jumpers, and I was hoping that you hadn't pulled the pin on the collection.

I uploaded my collection some months back, but I will post updated photos in the near future.

Yeah I sold a few, they were all retails though, one was an ochre signed by the whole team, not that keen on jumpers covered in sigs. The others were an 05 heritage and that weird centenary retail signed by jacko. That one was a little harder to part with but I figured I'd rather get some cash for it and hope to find the real deal one day, like you said, I'm sure there are some absolute gems out there, that will come up for sale soon enough!!

Yeah I sold a few, they were all retails though, one was an ochre signed by the whole team, not that keen on jumpers covered in sigs. The others were an 05 heritage and that weird centenary retail signed by jacko. That one was a little harder to part with but I figured I'd rather get some cash for it and hope to find the real deal one day, like you said, I'm sure there are some absolute gems out there, that will come up for sale soon enough!!
Yeah I'm the same, signatures don't look that great. I'd rather a retail without sigs, than a PI covered in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

91 Was the last year that the eagles had the iron on felt wording and logos. This makes it very hard to identify Player issues, even with the correct number stitching on the back from this era.

Nice pickup Mike, had my eye on it and would have pounced if the Mrs hadn't blown 2k on a couch The same day!

91 Was the last year that the eagles had the iron on felt wording and logos. This makes it very hard to identify Player issues, even with the correct number stitching on the back from this era.

Nice pickup Mike, had my eye on it and would have pounced if the Mrs hadn't blown 2k on a couch The same day!

tumblr_m66j08smaH1qmflmu.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally got my hands on an Eagles heritage WA SOO guernsey. Wasn't that fussed about adding it to my collection as a Victorian, but $50 incl postage for a retail was hard to turn down!

I picked up a couple of new additions to the Wildcats collection today. Very happy with them.

1987 Cal Bruton and James Crawford match worn jerseys.

1987 was the year that basketball really took off in WA. Businessman Bob Williams bought the club and signed guard Cal Bruton from the Brisbane Bullets to become player-coach. At the time of his signing, the Wildcats were NBL cellar dwellers, playing in front of very small crowds at Perry Lakes. Bruton was instrumental in putting the Wildcats on the map, recruiting stars such as 'Alabama Slammer' James Crawford from the Canberra Cannons and Kendal 'Tiny' Pinder from the Sydney Supersonics. There were not too many better marketers of the game than Cal, with his 'run, stun and have some fun' mantra drawing flocks of people to the Superdrome (now Challenge Stadium), thus capturing the attention of television and sponsors.

1987 Cal Bruton match worn jersey.

001_zpsc568d32a.jpg

87team_zps8efd549c.jpg

bruton_zps841d62bb.png

1987 James Crawford match worn jersey.

I decided to take this one out of the frame.

crawford1_zpsa76d419d.jpg

crawfo_zps16a81db4.png

Crawford3_zpsae8f376d.png

Those Wildcats jerseys are awesome and bring back some memories being a kid in WA at the time (and hating the Wildcats, go Giants!)

Out of curiosity, where did you pick them up? Would love some old Giants gear from the late eighties, early nineties but is never any around.

And who is the American bloke next to JC in the poster, doesn't seem familiar.

Those Wildcats jerseys are awesome and bring back some memories being a kid in WA at the time (and hating the Wildcats, go Giants!)

Out of curiosity, where did you pick them up? Would love some old Giants gear from the late eighties, early nineties but is never any around.

And who is the American bloke next to JC in the poster, doesn't seem familiar.

The singlets were owned by Town & Country CEO Ray Turner. They have been sitting in storage at the St. Georges Terrace ANZ for a number of years.

The American is James Jackson. He was recruited by Cal in 1987 but I don't think he played any games. The Cats had hoped he could get his Australian citizenship as their import quota was already filled, but I don't think that eventuated.

The singlets were owned by Town & Country CEO, Ray Turner. They have been sitting in storage at the St. Georges Terrace ANZ for a number of years.

The American is James Jackson. He was recruited by Cal in 1987 but I don't think he played any games. The Cats had hoped he could get his Australian citizenship as their import quota was already filled, but I don't think that eventuated.

No wonder I don't remember him!

Well done on the jerseys, they are iconic 80's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back