Discussion What Footy Jumpers/Sports Uniforms Do You Own?

Remove this Banner Ad

Wait, no the number seems alright:

North-3.gif

Shouldn't there be a Nike tick thing under the collar too?

Nope, we didn't have the nike tick with those jumpers until 1998 when we went to the neck bar design.

I picked up a late Christmas present for myself yesterday.

2005 Ben Cousins signed player issue.

001_zps299850d8.jpg

Can anyone tell me if this is any good? Have been offered it and looking at adding my first guernsey to the collection...

Hypertec PCs were only sponsors for one year, 1996, during which the AFL used a 100 Year logo.
afl_centenary_logo_by_nafa_aussiefooty-d63wxxa.jpg

21219.jpg

My understanding is that the Reserves teams wore the same as the Seniors.
Also, if you check the 1996 GF Footy Record you'll see even Supplementary listed players did not wear 51. Stuart Cochrane wore 45, he was the highest number of the Senior listed players, and the Supp List players went up to 50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hypertec PCs were only sponsors for one year, 1996, during which the AFL used a 100 Year logo.
afl_centenary_logo_by_nafa_aussiefooty-d63wxxa.jpg

21219.jpg

My understanding is that the Reserves teams wore the same as the Seniors.
Also, if you check the 1996 GF Footy Record you'll see even Supplementary listed players did not wear 51. Stuart Cochrane wore 45, he was the highest number of the Senior listed players, and the Supp List players went up to 50.
Soooo its fake?

Soooo its fake?

I wouldn't say it's a fake.
It's not like it's a Chinese replica.
It's made by Nike, and it's the same as the club used that season.
It's just that it's not one of the actual jumpers they used that season.

There wasn't a North Melbourne U18s in the mid 90s.

Looks like a replica, which has had the (very random) #51 put on it after it was purchased. Maybe for a local club with the same/similar design?

Word in from WCE:

that roos jumper is a genuine player issue. I'd be fairly confident in backing its a genuine player issue. I have the exact same jumper from 96 with same hypertec logos on it with the old afl logo.

Great chance to get a north 96 pi

Word in from WCE:

And the regular AFL logo/Hypertec PC conflict?

If the Hypertec logo is legit, it's 1996. If it's 1996 and a PI, it would have the Centenary AFL patch, not the standard one (as Mero has mentioned above). My guess is replicas from 1996 had the regular AFL patches, as I can't remember ever seeing someone wearing a guernsey with a Centenary patch at an AFL game.

Latest addition to the collection.
1994 Peter Matera match worn away guernsey.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Got if from a guy selling it through gumtree! The story goes, Some time after the '94 Grand Final, Matera gave one of his guernseys he had worn throughout the year to the then chairman of Ray White Real Estate, years later the chairman's wife was diagnosed with motor neurone disease and they held a fundraiser. The guy I got it from won it at the charity auction. He had it listed as a finals worn jumper, but in 94 we played the qualifying and prelim at home, and it's obviously not a Grand Final one cause there is no GF logo so I guess he got his info wrong. Either way, at worst it's just a player issue, but if Peter himself gave it to the original owner then I'd guess he had worn it at some stage that year. It was framed but It had only been pinned down so luckily there was no damage to it once I took it out, I thought about leaving it in the frame but I had to find out whether it actually was from 94. Stoked to get it, seeing as though I missed out on the woosh GF one a while back, not that this one is as good but still pretty rare these days.

Latest addition to the collection.
1994 Peter Matera match worn away guernsey.

He had it listed as a finals worn jumper, but in 94 we played the qualifying and prelim at home, and it's obviously not a Grand Final one cause there is no GF logo so I guess he got his info wrong. Either way, at worst it's just a player issue, but if Peter himself gave it to the original owner then I'd guess he had worn it at some stage that year.

What was the difference between H&A guernseys in 1994? From what I can see from aflphotos.com.au, they wore royal blue guernseys, with the Hungry Jack's logo on the front and the 'Hungry Jacks' wording on the back, regardless of where they were playing.

What was the difference between H&A guernseys in 1994? From what I can see from aflphotos.com.au, they wore royal blue guernseys, with the Hungry Jack's logo on the front and the 'Hungry Jacks' wording on the back, regardless of where they were playing.

The home jumper had SGIO on the front and back, whilst the away had Hungry Jack's front and back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back