Discussion What Footy Jumpers/Sports Uniforms Do You Own?

Remove this Banner Ad

I love long sleeved footy jumpers, especially when the design includes interesting sleeves, so very happy to have added these two to my collection. The 2017 Lincoln McCarthy jumper is a recent addition, and I got the 2016 Darcy Lang jumper late last year. A few observations:

1. The sizes of ISC player issue jumpers certainly run very small- not only are they always a lot tighter than the ISC retail versions but the 2016 one below is a size M and is actually narrower than the 2017 COAR jumper which is size S.
  2. I found it interesting that on the 2017 indigenous jumper, the patterned hoops containing the dots remain in straight bands on the sleeves, even though the corresponding pattern on the main part of the jumper has waves of dots that vary in height and width.
  3. I cannot understand why manufacturers/ clubs do not make retail versions of these beautiful long sleeve jumpers available for general purchase!
geelongsleeves.jpg

Last edited:

This little number arrived in the post yesterday. Only a retail (and truth be told its a little on the snug side), but I've wanted one for the last 12 years and finally been able to get my hands on one at a reasonably decent price!

View attachment 443559 View attachment 443560
Definitely the best jumper the crows have ever worn IMO.

This little number arrived in the post yesterday. Only a retail (and truth be told its a little on the snug side), but I've wanted one for the last 12 years and finally been able to get my hands on one at a reasonably decent price!

That is what our clash guernsey should be.
Some guy on Gumtree sold one for only $80 dollars or something last year or so, I should have bought it when I had the chance :(

What size do you have mate? I've got a large and would happily swap for a smaller size

Was that the one from Ebay? If so thats a pretty good price. I was looking at it but my wife said no ):

What size do you have mate? I've got a large and would happily swap for a smaller size

This one is a large also.

Was that the one from Ebay? If so thats a pretty good price. I was looking at it but my wife said no ):

Yeah thats the one. I waited until I won it to tell my wife ;)

Talking about bargains, I missed another one on Gumtree yesterday, some bloke sold Kerridge's 2012 away guernsey for only $20! Shattered to have missed out on that one.

Wasn't it #42? I saw that one go for $20.

Yeah it was. Sam Kerridge was #42 in 2012.
I contacted the guy who was selling it and he said it had already been purchased, and that was when the listing had only been up for half an hour or so.

Nah, 1 game in #29. #42 was Nick Joyce according to the AFC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here is my collection
2017 Adelaide Crows Home Guernsey #5
2017 Adelaide Crows Home Guernsey PI Myles Poholke
2017 Adelaide Crows Alternate Guernsey #41
2016 Adelaide Crows Home Guernsey #35
2016 Adelaide Crows Clash Guernsey #13
2016 Western Bulldogs Home Guernsey
2015 Adelaide Crows Clash Guernsey (Signed by Taylor Walker)
2015 West Coast Eagles Royal Guernsey
2015 West Adelaide Bloods Reversible Guernsey
2014 Adelaide Crows Navy Training Guernsey
2014 Richmond Tigers Dreamtime at the G Guernsey
2013 Adelaide Crows Home Guernsey #16
2013 Collingwood Magpies Guernsey
2011 Fremantle Dockers Home Guernsey
2000 Adelaide Crows Home Guernsey (Signed by the whole team)
Other Sports
2017/18 Cricket Australia Test Shirt
2016/17 Cricket Australia ODI shirt
2016/17 Adelaide Strikers Jersey
2014/15 Adelaide Strikers Jersey
2016/17 Milwaukee Bucks Jersey #22 Middleton
2013/14 LA Lakers Jersey #24 Bryant
2013/14 Leicester City Foxes Jersey #16 Jamo (Personalised)
2012/13 Leicester City Foxes Jersey
2013 FC Barcelona #10 Messi

Last edited:
A selection of my recent additions...

West Coast Eagles

2017 Nic Naitanui player issue Indigenous jumper

wyHB2xx.jpg

2017 Dom Sheed match worn 'Farewell Subiaco' jumper

OpnqJog.jpg

1997 Guy McKenna player issue pre-season jumper

t2g8rf1.jpg

2005 Chad Fletcher player issue jumper

dCiO3Wu.jpg

2008 Chris Masten player issue jumper

NiWw0OA.jpg

Perth Wildcats

2017 Greg Hire match worn breast cancer awareness jersey

ePQyk2X.jpg

Perth Glory

2010/11 Robbie Fowler player issue jersey

liGY0v5.jpg

2009/10 player issue (spare) 'Come Play!' Australia 2018-2022 FIFA World Cup bid jersey

nJ6LVcP.jpg

I've got one of those 1996 Fitzroy heritage jumpers you have there which is #1 and signed by Bernie Quinlan as well! I just saw on ebay he is posting another jumper!!! I think we've been duped on this one mate.

Here's the ad for the other one he is posting. It's the exact ad that he used for one I purchased as well!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GREAT-FI...=AU_Sport_AFL_Memorabilia&hash=item339877175e

Would you consider selling any of these other ones?
Can you send me a PM, I have some lions guernseys I want to sell if you're interested

I'm surprised not more guernseys have the mesh that Puma uses for WCE

Puma still uses mesh on Richmond's guernseys, though with a different cut as opposed to West Coast (and Adelaide 2014 too).
Think they are the only manufacturer who still uses that stuff.
Adidas used to go crazy with mesh back in the day, and the classic Nike guernseys have mesh on them too.

Puma still uses mesh on Richmond's guernseys, though with a different cut as opposed to West Coast (and Adelaide 2014 too).
Think they are the only manufacturer who still uses that stuff.
Adidas used to go crazy with mesh back in the day, and the classic Nike guernseys have mesh on them too.

Adidas were going crazy with mesh armpits as recently as 2015..

madaboutmesh.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back