Discussion What Footy Jumpers/Sports Uniforms Do You Own?

Remove this Banner Ad

They’ve all been removed off the auction site by the club.

Richmond-esque "some players didn't change jumpers" sort of thing going on? Last I checked Sheed's jumper was at $8k and Shuey's was $5.1k

DEMONS22

Senior List
Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Detroit Red Wings,
I find it staggering that the last 2 premiers are not able to co-ordinate the change of jumpers at half time of a grand final. Many players across the AFL change jumpers each week, so why is it so hard.

The clubs will miss revenue, as will the players as they receive a % of auctioned memorabilia as a part of the CBA.

Sep 22, 2008
Moama
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I find it staggering that the last 2 premiers are not able to co-ordinate the change of jumpers at half time of a grand final. Many players across the AFL change jumpers each week, so why is it so hard.

The clubs will miss revenue, as will the players as they receive a % of auctioned memorabilia as a part of the CBA.

My guess is that most of the players simply don’t want to and have bigger things on their mind at half time of a granny.

My guess is that most of the players simply don’t want to and have bigger things on their mind at half time of a granny.

Although, there is property stewards who's job at half time of a GF would be to make sure the jumpers are swapped. Unless they just got swept up in the emotion of the day, it may be that the players were not interested in swapping jumpers when the GF was so close and there were more important things on their mind.

Also, does anyone know what happened to the Pies GF jumpers? They were never listed for auction after the GF

Storm20

Been Here A Long Time
Aug 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

Yeah not a chance in hell I would change Guernsey in a GF, especially if I was having a decent start

airhenny

Draftee
Oct 13, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Picked up this off eBay last week. Signed by 20 of the 21 premiership players from 1992 including coach. Luckily the one missing is dean kemp who lives nearby so I can prob get his at some point. Paid 580 plus postage. I think it’s worth it. Have never seen this jersey before. Just thought I’d share.

upload_2018-10-13_16-22-55.jpeg

upload_2018-10-13_16-23-22.png

Haydos_WCE

Team Captain
Jun 14, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats & Perth Glory
The Eagles wore this design 3 times in 2002 to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the 1992 flag. The player issue version didn't have the text above the SGIO logo though. It was the catalyst for returning the royal blue wings jumper.

Also, the listing should have said "signed by 19 of the 20 premiership players from 1992", as there were only 2 on a bench back then.

airhenny

Draftee
Oct 13, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
The Eagles wore this design 3 times in 2002 to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the 1992 flag. The player issue version didn't have the text above the SGIO logo though. It was the catalyst for returning the royal blue wings jumper.

Also, the listing should have said "signed by 19 of the 20 premiership players from 1992", as there were only 2 on a bench back then.
Oh ok. Cool. Thanks for info. I think 20 of 21 meant including the coach as 21 total.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not bad for $100. Centenary badge looks like a reproduction though, hope they didn’t try and flog it off as a genuine one.
Can't see any stitch marks where they could've unsown the original logo? If that's how it works

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
Not bad for $100. Centenary badge looks like a reproduction though, hope they didn’t try and flog it off as a genuine one.

Has an original and slightly worn out tag so no doubt the jumper is real but yeah the tags do look a bit fresh. Still, I've seen some other Collingwood jumpers from the 90s being sold and they have the same kind of quality.

And for what it's worth the bloke did mention in the ad that he had been taking good care of it and it certainly looks that way.

Collingwood-Uniform1996.png footyjumper.com shows the Centenary logo being slightly higher so i doubt someone who is faking it would go through that much precision for a mere $100.

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
Can't see any stitch marks where they could've unsown the original logo? If that's how it works

Yeah that’s how the player issues would’ve worked (well that’s how te eagles ones are anyway) but a few teams, possibly pies included, made retail versions with the centenary badge so those ones, you’d think, would have no indents from the old AFl badge, as it would never have been there.

Not sure with this specific one. Pretty certain the badge is a reproduction, as the centenary wording is a tiny bit too small, and the blue edges around it are slightly too long and pointy. Maybe it’s just a plain Collingwood design jumper, with the centenary and spicers badges stitched on??

Yeah that’s how the player issues would’ve worked (well that’s how te eagles ones are anyway) but a few teams, possibly pies included, made retail versions with the centenary badge so those ones, you’d think, would have no indents from the old AFl badge, as it would never have been there.

Not sure with this specific one. Pretty certain the badge is a reproduction, as the centenary wording is a tiny bit too small, and the blue edges around it are slightly too long and pointy. Maybe it’s just a plain Collingwood design jumper, with the centenary and spicers badges stitched on??
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if that we're the case. Initially I thought that too with the height of the logo in regard to the Spicers logo but as magpienato discovered it's meant to be like that.

Sep 22, 2008
Moama
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So Collingwood had the GF logo sublimated, yet saints had the heat pressed ones?? That’s odd. Pretty quick turn around from adidas to get them printed before the game!

Yea I have a saints one, with heat pressed logo. St Kilda were with ISC at the time, I’m pretty sure ISC have never had any sublimated GF logos since they’ve started making afl guernseys.

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
Hawks sublimated some in 2012, but they were retails, seemingly for the memorabilia pieces had they won. Pretty sure every other team has used the heat pressed ones though for the actual games. Surely it’d be too tight a turn around to get a whole set printed from prelim final win, to be ready for the GF?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back