What Is Your Iconic Port Adelaide Photo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ando was a very good footballer but Brucy Light was as good but also the toughest player I have seen. Kicked right foot mainly but his left was as good.

Lot's of people called him "Electric" Light because he was so quick. Used to watch his duels with "Flash" Graham and "Milky" Vivian in the day.

I remember this moment.
The look of terror in Acker's face!
Josh pulled out of belting him - but the psychological damage had been done ;):cool:
My all time favourite, and it's not even close to 2nd.

Says everything about that day, we weren't there to make friends, we weren't going to lay down.

I don't hate Aker, or the Lions, love the rivalry too.

Last edited:
Apologies if this was already well known, but the amazing thing about this that I’ve just learnt was near the bottom…..

“The terms and conditions of Port Adelaide’s proposed entry. . . . . . Port would retain its club name, jumper and colors. It would wear a separate uniform when it played Collingwood. . . . . . Would develop a new club emblem and would not use the Magpie in the AFL competition.”

So does the AFL truly own the decision, or did Collingwood agree at the time?

Still love the headline “Shades of ‘77 and Packer’s cricket bomb”.

Now widely accepted as changing the cricket landscape for the better. Not those bitter and twisted SANfools though.

2004-afl-grand-final-premiership-port-adelaide-power_112qbj2ukiape1ilqv93zy7cnz.jpg

I have that photo as the splash back to my bar

Still love the headline “Shades of ‘77 and Packer’s cricket bomb”.

Now widely accepted as changing the cricket landscape for the better. Not those bitter and twisted SANfools though.

I have that photo as the splash back to my bar

The three at the front left are now all senior AFL coaches - could they be joined by the fourth one along..?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Erin on her dads shoulders.

Russell Ebert, 1977.

Max Basheer, 1990 wondering if we were going to crush him with the TS Hill.

Chad jumping on the fence 2004. Wazza on the dais.

Plenty to choose from, yet not enough. Never enough.

On iPhone using recycled electrons, via BigFooty.com mobile app

Erin on her dads shoulders.

Russell Ebert, 1977.

Max Basheer, 1990 wondering if we were going to crush him with the TS Hill.

Chad jumping on the fence 2004. Wazza on the dais.

Plenty to choose from, yet not enough. Never enough.

On iPhone using recycled electrons, via BigFooty.com mobile app

When Jack handed the cup to Choco and Warren was iconic, but all too fleeting as Jack then slipped out of view very quickly.

This picture is later on, but I think I've still got the actual moment on an old laptop...

1662677396531.png

I have 3 favourite Port photos, and all from the 1970's.

1. Max Jame's mark in the goal square northern end of Glenelg oval, which happened only about 10 metres from where I was standing and is still the highest unassisted mark I have ever seen.
Max went straight up and the bottom of his sprigs were well above the bay fullback's head, the point at which he took the mark had to be more than 5 metres above the ground.

2. Neville Thiele with arms outstretched holding back a couple of Sturt blokes on the left half forward flank at the northern end of Unley oval, with Bruce Nyland streaming towards the goal and the great Russell Ebert running just to Blinky's right and barking instructions at him.

3, Keith Spencer sporting the best sideburns you could ever see, and literally standing on top of a pack at the river end forward pocket of Adelaide oval.

Unfortunately there was never a clear photo of the Jame's mark, but the other two were on display above the members' bar at Alberton for years.

I used to have a West End poster with Clive Waterhouse and someone else, maybe George Fiacchi, drinking from the TS Hill Trophy after the 1995 GF. The slogan was along the lines of "Also available in bottles and cans". Would love to know if someone has a copy - I managed to rip mine trying to pull it down so I could paint, so chucked it.

I used to have a West End poster with Clive Waterhouse and someone else, maybe George Fiacchi, drinking from the TS Hill Trophy after the 1995 GF. The slogan was along the lines of "Also available in bottles and cans". Would love to know if someone has a copy - I managed to rip mine trying to pull it down so I could paint, so chucked it.
Should have just painted around it. Gotta get your priorities right. 😊

Apologies if this was already well known, but the amazing thing about this that I’ve just learnt was near the bottom…..

“The terms and conditions of Port Adelaide’s proposed entry. . . . . . Port would retain its club name, jumper and colors. It would wear a separate uniform when it played Collingwood. . . . . . Would develop a new club emblem and would not use the Magpie in the AFL competition.”

So does the AFL truly own the decision, or did Collingwood agree at the time?
I tried to call Sandra but the number has been disconnected.

1662722872028.jpeg

Might be my inner casty nunt, but I do like this one

* As a point of trivia I narrowed my potential username for this site down to the final 3
Casty Nunt
Kaptain Kampaigner
before deciding on
Loony Juice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back