What's happening in the Bendigo Football League #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sick to death of defending Kyneton tigers, in the pre-season there were a few blokes out there slaging them off, and i said that they were rebuilding give them a go. Well they deserve to get as much slag from as many people as possible! :mad:
THEIR CRAP!
Not only are they crap on the field, but poor form off it as well. Young blokes out on the sauce and at a party (and good luck to them) and trying to make conversation with some paid senior players, and they get nothing. Not even a "sorry mate catch up with ya later" brush off. Just nothing. Poor poor form.
Top paid senior players need to realise that there time is up, they cant keep walking around town thinking their top sh!t. But then I think why not, why not think your awesome? Your in a town where no one knows ya, no one else is standing up or even turning up, so why not.? Just keep takin the money, the money that members, sponsers and supporters put into the club, they pay you to perform, and you are perfroming, right? To the very best of your ability, sure.

Speaking to some Tiger players on Sat. They are keen for a relegation to Riddell League. Go back there for a couple of years, win a few games, hopefully play finals, get a winning culture back, attract some better players and club-people then maybe come back to the BFL.

I know a lot of people on here will bag this comment... but it's straight from the players themselves. Maybe that's where the problem lies? They are sick of losing, don't have the cattle to be competitive in the BFL and want to cut their losses (which have been big?)

Speaking to some Tiger players on Sat. They are keen for a relegation to Riddell League. Go back there for a couple of years, win a few games, hopefully play finals, get a winning culture back, attract some better players and club-people then maybe come back to the BFL.

I know a lot of people on here will bag this comment... but it's straight from the players themselves. Maybe that's where the problem lies? They are sick of losing, don't have the cattle to be competitive in the BFL and want to cut their losses (which have been big?)

The best thing Daylsford FC ever did.

Late 90's they were lucky to field a 2's side, early 00's some gun players came back to the club and they were playing in prelims then a few years ago the coin got too much to stay in the league. They were about to go through the same place they had been in in the late 90's, so with the writing on the wall they swallowed their pride and cut back to the CHFL.

No need to bag that comment Kenneth. Its very viable.

why dont u do something about it fatso
that would be the pot calling the kettle black!!:rolleyes:just wondering bearsboy are gisborne going to have a fund raiser for their fallen comrade paul dale,seems to have fallen on hard times & i'm sure the doggies would love to help an old warrior:thumbsu:

Bombers call for support

The Bendigo Advertiser
12/06/2008 8:49:00 AM

THE Metricon Bendigo Bombers last night stressed the importance of the community getting behind the VFL club for its last four home games of the season.
Bombers acting general manager Peter Lodewijks addressed the club’s sponsors at the Queen Elizabeth Oval in the wake of the departures of its former general manager Jeff Brennan and chairman Ian Dyett in the past month.
Lodewijks described it as a challenging time for the club and that support from the community was crucial as it moved forward.
Lodewijks says if the community gets behind the Bombers and shows support, ultimately, it’s the community that will benefit after unveiling a plan to give money back to Bendigo once the club strengthens its financial position.
‘‘It’s make or break time,’’ Lodewijks told The Advertiser.
‘‘We as a board are working hard on the purpose of the club.
‘‘We believe there’s only one reason why we’re here, and that’s to give back to the community. ‘‘We have fantastic resources that should be utilised to help us give back to the community by way ultimately, of dollars.

Any takers? They seem to be using the Bendigo Bank "Community Bank" concept to win supporters over

I'm interested more in the BFL and in my honest opinion I can't see the Bombers being around for to much longer. The BFL's playing standard has weakened because of them and while they are good for developing the regions youngsters (18-21) they are never going to get the support that the local clubs do. It costs more for entry (correct me if i'm wrong) and there is no community feel. It was always going to be hard for the bombers, with no history.
I have never felt any urge to follow them through attending games even when i have had mates playing for them. I am sure most people involved with local clubs would be in the same boat.

Im sick to death of defending Kyneton tigers, in the pre-season there were a few blokes out there slaging them off, and i said that they were rebuilding give them a go. Well they deserve to get as much slag from as many people as possible! :mad:
THEIR CRAP!
Not only are they crap on the field, but poor form off it as well. Young blokes out on the sauce and at a party (and good luck to them) and trying to make conversation with some paid senior players, and they get nothing. Not even a "sorry mate catch up with ya later" brush off. Just nothing. Poor poor form.
Top paid senior players need to realise that there time is up, they cant keep walking around town thinking their top sh!t. But then I think why not, why not think your awesome? Your in a town where no one knows ya, no one else is standing up or even turning up, so why not.? Just keep takin the money, the money that members, sponsers and supporters put into the club, they pay you to perform, and you are perfroming, right? To the very best of your ability, sure.
They probably didn't talk to you beacause your a tossa.

I cannot believe that players are saying that they want to drop out of the Bendigo league. In the early 80's we (the playing group) were asked if we thought a move to the RDFL was an option as we were struggling then and the committee had decided that a change of leagues would be the magic bullet. The playing group unanamously voted against the move. Ten years later we were a powerhouse of the league with a virtually home grown team and the envy of many BFL clubs. What Kyneton are going through now is not new for them or many other small town teams. It makes success coming out the other end all the more sweet as it was in '95.

I cannot believe that players are saying that they want to drop out of the Bendigo league. In the early 80's we (the playing group) were asked if we thought a move to the RDFL was an option as we were struggling then and the committee had decided that a change of leagues would be the magic bullet. The playing group unanamously voted against the move. Ten years later we were a powerhouse of the league with a virtually home grown team and the envy of many BFL clubs. What Kyneton are going through now is not new for them or many other small town teams. It makes success coming out the other end all the more sweet as it was in '95.

Um... hate to point out a blatant hole in your argument, but most of your current playing list weren't even born in the early 80's. Why don't you ask 'em again.

anyway, no skin off my nose buddy. I'm happy for you to stay in the BFL.... at least Kyneton gives my poor young Dragons someone to win against this year.

Um... hate to point out a blatant hole in your argument, but most of your current playing list weren't even born in the early 80's. Why don't you ask 'em again.

anyway, no skin off my nose buddy. I'm happy for you to stay in the BFL.... at least Kyneton gives my poor young Dragons someone to win against this year.

Think he was talking about the tigers of old as in the team of the 80's. Same old Sandhurst!!! Always stuffing things up thats why your no good this year :D :thumbsu:

100% talking about his playing days. I think Daz might be a tiger veteran who wears his heart on his sleve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm interested more in the BFL and in my honest opinion I can't see the Bombers being around for to much longer. The BFL's playing standard has weakened because of them and while they are good for developing the regions youngsters (18-21) they are never going to get the support that the local clubs do. It costs more for entry (correct me if i'm wrong) and there is no community feel. It was always going to be hard for the bombers, with no history.
I have never felt any urge to follow them through attending games even when i have had mates playing for them. I am sure most people involved with local clubs would be in the same boat.

I agree NC. I see today they have admitted they have too much debt to afford a Reserves side next year. Can only mean good things for BFL clubs in terms of qulaity players becoming available. And the Senior arrangement with Essendon is up for renewal in 09 as well. I don't think they will be around in 2010.

There's definately an argument to create an avenue for local players to play at a higher level (which has flow on benefits to BFL), but the Bendigo Bombers have never seemed to get it right.

I agree NC. I see today they have admitted they have too much debt to afford a Reserves side next year. Can only mean good things for BFL clubs in terms of qulaity players becoming available. And the Senior arrangement with Essendon is up for renewal in 09 as well. I don't think they will be around in 2010.

There's definately an argument to create an avenue for local players to play at a higher level (which has flow on benefits to BFL), but the Bendigo Bombers have never seemed to get it right.

Good news for your slagheads then doc! Will get a few more youngsters back to the club with the folding of the bombers magoo's! That is unless Strathfieldsaye steal them from you.

Our interleague team will undoubtedly become stronger and square could even regain the great Michael Pilcher back onto the books!!

All the more reason for Kyneton to stick it out I would suggest Doctor.

Bendigo Addy, p.27, LVFL wrap, Inglewood v Newbridge.
Check out the pic of Rob Morris!! Holy crap, thats not for real, they must have found this bloke wondering out the bush somewhere and just threw a jumper on him!:D

Probably a top player and bloke tho.

Just BAAAD PIC.

Why don't the Bombers whom are trying to connect to the community throw out the olive branch to the wider football community by providing much needed grants for club infrastructure. If the clubrooms at say Canterbury Park were improved with a Bomber funded grant I am sure the clubs perception of the Bombers would be on the improve. They have always been seen as stripping the club of assets (players), well why not put it back. The local clubs could promote the Bombers as a contributor in their club write ups, who gives a stuff if other clubs are p&ssed because they missed out, they might get the next grant. Better facilities will generally benefit all.

I believe our local facilities are one of the drawbacks for kids continuing in the game. U16 & district U17 200 kids approx, U15 300 kids, U13.5 400 kids and U12 500 kids. Why are we losing 100 kids per age bracket. This should be concerning for local Senior comps and also the Bombers. A decreasing pool probably means a thinner talent pool.

Why not have days at the QEO where local club membership means a discounted ticket price, if that can't be done give the punters a $5 canteen voucher. As we all know if we can get them in the gate then we have a chance. The bombers can do more than just hoping the brand brings punters through the gate. Blokes already support a club, but Bombers supporters will most likely come from within the football community. Provide something more than just the footy and the Burra supporter might just take the young bloke because it is a good cheap day of entertainment, until he has to buy 3 pies and 3 Mars Bars, 5 beers and 4 cokes.

Bendigo Addy, p.27, LVFL wrap, Inglewood v Newbridge.
Check out the pic of Rob Morris!! Holy crap, thats not for real, they must have found this bloke wondering out the bush somewhere and just threw a jumper on him!:D

Probably a top player and bloke tho.

Just BAAAD PIC.
He could immediately adapt to BFL Seniors. Good Player.

Good news for your slagheads then doc! Will get a few more youngsters back to the club with the folding of the bombers magoo's! That is unless Strathfieldsaye steal them from you.

Our interleague team will undoubtedly become stronger and square could even regain the great Michael Pilcher back onto the books!!

Hopefully NC... that's the idea anyway. BFL needs to be Div 1, it's where we belong. Big Ollie and the BFL board need to put a plan into place to get us back there within 2-3 yrs.

I think S'saye will have an impact on ALL Bendigo clubs if they go it alone, but...... Holy crap - Yep, there'll be some work for Hurst to do as a large portion of our list lives out that way.

Which is why I'm 100% behind Trev Forbes and Little John to take South out there! he he :) It will help plug the hole with a drain on BFL player stocks.

Hopefully NC... that's the idea anyway. BFL needs to be Div 1, it's where we belong. Big Ollie and the BFL board need to put a plan into place to get us back there within 2-3 yrs.

I think S'saye will have an impact on ALL Bendigo clubs if they go it alone, but...... Holy crap - Yep, there'll be some work for Hurst to do as a large portion of our list lives out that way.

Which is why I'm 100% behind Trev Forbes and Little John to take South out there! he he :) It will help plug the hole with a drain on BFL player stocks.

Obviously nothing to report from the "Graveyard" haven't heard from KA or BB for sometime!

Curiosity got the better of this cat and I went along yesterday and watched Metricon Bendigo Bombers. They dominated the lads from the cattery to achieve a very good win. Yet I got no excitement out of the match at all... its good to see the bombers win but I would prefer to watch the square v gisborne game a million times over. The difference in the skill level of the games was basically zilch, many, many basic skill errors in the bombers game. Terrible following (think south and slagheads have more support), i really can't see them lasting for to much longer in all honesty...

Moving on though, great win by the square, really got the blood pumping! Nothing better than beating the other bulldogs in the comp, who may I add should not be written off just yet!

Curiosity got the better of this cat and I went along yesterday and watched Metricon Bendigo Bombers. They dominated the lads from the cattery to achieve a very good win. Yet I got no excitement out of the match at all... its good to see the bombers win but I would prefer to watch the square v gisborne game a million times over. The difference in the skill level of the games was basically zilch, many, many basic skill errors in the bombers game. Terrible following (think south and slagheads have more support), i really can't see them lasting for to much longer in all honesty...

Moving on though, great win by the square, really got the blood pumping! Nothing better than beating the other bulldogs in the comp, who may I add should not be written off just yet![/quote]

Agree 100% with that NC, They were without Belcher, McKenzie, Davis and Hamilton and have played the other three top sides away. You would think they are a 5 goal better side at the graveyard. Time will tell i guess.

Moving on though, great win by the square, really got the blood pumping! Nothing better than beating the other bulldogs in the comp, who may I add should not be written off just yet![/quote]

Agree 100% with that NC, They were without Belcher, McKenzie, Davis and Hamilton and have played the other three top sides away. You would think they are a 5 goal better side at the graveyard. Time will tell i guess.

Don't forget Trickle, the Square dogs were without Jayson Griffo arguably the best player in the competition and the young speed machine from Heathcote - Matty Klein-Bretler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back