Movie What's the last movie you saw? (6)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 7:

My kid has been addicted to this recently

Marvel%27s_Spidey_and_His_Amazing_Friends_Poster.jpg
My younger one looooves that show

Hellboy (2019)

Very much enjoyed the Del Torro/Ron Perlman flicks and saw David Harbour (tick) and Ian McShane (tick). What followed was a mishmash story with very odd pacing and gore to the extreme with some dodgy CGI. It wasn't a total write off but doesn't capture the mood of the previous ones and and the acting is pretty substandard from both Harbour and McShane. Had some eye popping scenes (literally) but wouldn't watch it again. They left it open for a sequel but doubt it happens. 4/10.

They are meant to be rebooting the reboot n3xt. But I've read there's momentum for a return to Del Toro (probably just fan boy speculation).

Hellboy (2019)

Very much enjoyed the Del Torro/Ron Perlman flicks and saw David Harbour (tick) and Ian McShane (tick). What followed was a mishmash story with very odd pacing and gore to the extreme with some dodgy CGI. It wasn't a total write off but doesn't capture the mood of the previous ones and and the acting is pretty substandard from both Harbour and McShane. Had some eye popping scenes (literally) but wouldn't watch it again. They left it open for a sequel but doubt it happens. 4/10.
The original is one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

Hellboy (2019)

It's a travesty that this got made at the expense of del Toro / Perlman's 3rd one.

I rewatched Thor: Love and Thunder last night. I loved it the first time I saw it.

It isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Yes the complaints about the movie are more than fair. We needed more Gorr and a couple scenes of him killing Gods. However I like the feel of the film, it doesn't take itself too seriously and the comedy is genuinely funny at times (especially the Miholnir/Axe stuff). The Zeus/Gods scene is quality. Watching it on my own the goats weren't as funny as when I watched it with my mates. Was disappointed to see a 6.2 rating on IMDB. It doesn't do the movie justice. People's expectations were simply too high.

7.5/10

Forgetting Sarah Marshall (2008)
Never watched it "back in the day" as Russell Brand was that much of a turn off.
Can't say I laughed out loud but it was really fun and Id definitely watch it again, probably "had to be there" when it was released.
I really miss comedy films being made, like if you Google "best comedies 2022" the results are seriously depressing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never watched it "back in the day" as Russell Brand was that much of a turn off.
Can't say I laughed out loud but it was really fun and Id definitely watch it again, probably "had to be there" when it was released.
I really miss comedy films being made, like if you Google "best comedies 2022" the results are seriously depressing.
The follow up on Brands character Aldous Snow called “Get him to the Greek” is pretty ******* funny as well.

Another great comedy from that era is I Love You Man. It is hilarious. Also has Jason Segal.

That’s one of my go-to movies when I need a cheer up

Another great comedy from that era is I Love You Man. It is hilarious. Also has Jason Segal.
I did see that at the cinema with a work mate on a field trip to Wagga of all places, haven't seen it since but I really liked it

That’s one of my go-to movies when I need a cheer up
I can definitely see that, I think we can all relate in some way to Segal's state of mind.
I will say that stupid vampire song has been stuck in my head for few days now

I did see that at the cinema with a work mate on a field trip to Wagga of all places, haven't seen it since but I really liked it

I can definitely see that, I think we can all relate in some way to Segal's state of mind.
I will say that stupid vampire song has been stuck in my head for few days now
"And when I see Van Helsing, I swear to the lord I'll slay him!"
Now I gotta watch it again. I love Jason Segel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back