Wheel of Time

Remove this Banner Ad

I always knew I pronounced Nynaeve wrong it's more Nin-a-veve when I read it. I probably get Rand, Mat, Lan and Min about right and start getting more dodgy after that šŸ˜….
Funnily enough Nyneave and Egwene were two I never got wrong. I still donā€™t know how I got those two right.

Took me forever to get Eye-eel for Aiel and Eyez-Sedai for Aes Sedai though. Often went back to the glossary for those two. Lol

Funnily enough Nyneave and Egwene were two I never got wrong. I still donā€™t know how I got those two right.

Took me forever to get Eye-eel for Aiel and Eyez-Sedai for Aes Sedai though. Often went back to the glossary for those two. Lol

I probably wasn't too far off with Aiel then with something close to isle but after all these years she'll always be good old Egg-when to me.

I probably wasn't too far off with Aiel then with something close to isle but after all these years she'll always be good old Egg-when to me.
The way Egwene is pronounced is so weird though, especially when you consider who she ends up with, the two names are so bloody similar. Lol

I think Nynaeve is my favorite name in the series. All these simple names like Rand, Mat, Lan, Min, Thom, and then, bang - Nynaeve. On paper, it's so distinct. Aviendha as well. You could read these books while incredibly tired and never mistake those names (with personalities to match too).

Funnily enough even the audiobooks get things wrong. Moghedien being one they often get wrong. They canā€™t decide between Mo-geh-dian and Mo-geh-deen. :D
The male yank reader keeps inserting an extra 'a' into Ghealdean, somehow coming up with Gheel-a-dan.

Funnily enough even the audiobooks get things wrong. Moghedien being one they often get wrong. They canā€™t decide between Mo-geh-dian and Mo-geh-deen. :D
Mo-gee-dee-an for me.

Aes (Sedai) is another one I was constantly getting wrong.
me: I-Es
audiobook: Eyes

Mo-gee-dee-an for me.

Aes (Sedai) is another one I was constantly getting wrong.
me: I-Es
audiobook: Eyes
Cairhain (is that how you spell it?) is a huge tongue twister for me. Is it Care-hine or Care-ee-en or something else entirely and Cuindellar (again is that how you spell that word?), Qwen-de-yah? Or something else again?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cairhain (is that how you spell it?) is a huge tongue twister for me. Is it Care-hine or Care-ee-en or something else entirely and Cuindellar (again is that how you spell that word?), Qwen-de-yah? Or something else again?
Cairhien: Cair-hee-en
Cue-en-dill-ar

The audiobooks agreed with my pronunciation of Cairhien. Haven't got to Cuendillar yet.

How about pronouncing Al'cair'rahienallen :D

When she says to Elaida
that she would name her darkfriend except for the fact that the Dark One would be ashamed to associate with her
is one of/if not the best quotes in the series.

Still havenā€™t read 10-14. I got stuck with 10 and never took it back up. I will finish it one day especially since Iā€™ve heard 11-14 are absolutely amazing.

How many of you have seen the set photos that have been leaked over the last week or so? I know Josha and Marcus were tall but Christ they absolutely tower over Zoe and Maddy.

I donā€™t want to share any of the photos though because *spoilers* but if youā€™re interested theyā€™re all over social media in the Wheel of Time Television series related timelines/forums/threads, on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Reddit.

How many of you have seen the set photos that have been leaked over the last week or so? I know Josha and Marcus were tall but Christ they absolutely tower over Zoe and Maddy.

I donā€™t want to share any of the photos though because *spoilers* but if youā€™re interested theyā€™re all over social media in the Wheel of Time Television series related timelines/forums/threads, on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Reddit.
If you've got any links that'd be appreciated

If you've got any links that'd be appreciated
Honestly WoTup, a YouTube channel has a great episode on the leaks that came out last week. The guy that owns the channel comments on them with his beliefs but the photos are on there.

Also r/TheDailyTrolloc on reddit has a thread on them with a link to the www.wotseries.com article with a link to the Facebook pictures where you see Josha and Madeleine on set. Or just got straight to www.wotseries.com and read the first article, the link is in there.

I canā€™t type out the photographers Facebook page, heā€™s a local Czec Republic photographer (Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™ve spelt that wrong) so the name is really difficult. About halfway down in that article on www.wotseries.com they mention the photographers name and have a link to the publicly accessible photographs. Sorry.

Also Iā€™ve attached the link for the Wotup episode that goes over the Josha and Madeleine photograph leaks if you want to watch it.

Last edited:
Man I hope Josha Stradowski can act because he 100% looks the part for Rand Al'Thor (including being head and shoulders taller than the Australian actress playing Egween).

rand.png

Also happy to see another indication that the Trollocs will be kept as oversized monsters, with a set photo of what might be a training dummy prop and it's at least 10 feet tall (in the video above). I've mentioned before that I was worried that budget constraints might result in the Trollocs being shrunk or changed in other ways but it's not looking like that so far in fact everything we hear about this keeps being way too positive.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back