When fit, is Matthew Broadbent up there as one of the great half backs in the modern game?

Remove this Banner Ad

HotSausage69

Premium Platinum
Aug 25, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
As you may or may not be aware, young Matthew Broadbent has suffered debilitating injuries over the past few seasons, and he's almost become the forgotten man down at Port Adelaide. I think we as an AFL collective have been too quick to write him off and often forget what he is capable of. This is a man that can roost home a big goal from 50 with his raking leg, he often was seen smashing them from downtown with ease. But his leg is not his only defining quality, Matthew is also a brilliant defensive player. In one game in 2014, he had a league record 14 defensive aerial smash fists in a game against eventual premiers Hawthorn. This highlights that he is prepared to work hard both ways.

And on top of all this, he is a ripping lad. I've had the pleasure of meeting him some time ago and from what I can remember he was nothing but pleasant.

I tell you what, when Matthew makes his way back on to the park this season, look out. He is an absolute weapon and I for one can't wait to see what he can produce in 2019. When on song, in my opinion he's nearly the best half backer in the game.

Definitely one of the greatest half backs in the modern game when he's up there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Certainly going to be interesting to see what he and Hartlett can do after other Port defenders have earned a place in the team

MisguidedSpeedyCentipede-size_restricted.gif

As you may or may not be aware, young Matthew Broadbent has suffered debilitating injuries over the past few seasons, and he's almost become the forgotten man down at Port Adelaide. I think we as an AFL collective have been too quick to write him off and often forget what he is capable of. This is a man that can roost home a big goal from 50 with his raking leg, he often was seen smashing them from downtown with ease. But his leg is not his only defining quality, Matthew is also a brilliant defensive player. In one game in 2014, he had a league record 14 defensive aerial smash fists in a game against eventual premiers Hawthorn. This highlights that he is prepared to work hard both ways.

And on top of all this, he is a ripping lad. I've had the pleasure of meeting him some time ago and from what I can remember he was nothing but pleasant.

I tell you what, when Matthew makes his way back on to the park this season, look out. He is an absolute weapon and I for one can't wait to see what he can produce in 2019. When on song, in my opinion he's nearly the best half backer in the game.

Are you Matthew?

And no you are not one of the best!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back