When will the Carlton FC Arrive?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 2 of this thread is here:

Can’t believe they had Ross Lyon keen a coach who has taken both clubs he has coached to a GF and some how turned him off the job.

Unfortunately the board members against it have cost the club dearly. I’m not saying he would have coached them to a flag but would have layed the foundation towards future success

I didn't think Teague should have been replaced (should have been supporter with better assistants and leadership) but sh1t happens and so he was gone.

I can't believe having made that decision that they would then turn down one of the best coaches in the last 2'ish decades. Sure watching his teams bored me to death over the years but one cannot argue that he didn't get the absolute max out of his teams.

I didn't think Teague should have been replaced (should have been supporter with better assistants and leadership) but sh1t happens and so he was gone.

Appears he was rolled by the players, similar to Ratten.

Maybe the players responsible should be tasked with finding a coach they can live with.

I can't believe having made that decision that they would then turn down one of the best coaches in the last 2'ish decades. Sure watching his teams bored me to death over the years but one cannot argue that he didn't get the absolute max out of his teams.

I don't think you turned RTB down. I think he was keen AF then the Carlton brass for what ever reason Darth Vader'd the deal and he said GAGF...

Rolling performance based contract anyone.?

The poison chalice here is this "expect to play finals next year" bs they keep rolling out as propaganda.

Reminds me of some dude trying to sell a rusted out piece of s**t car online tagging the advertisement with "No Low Ballers, I know what I've got"

I don't think you turned RTB down. I think he was keen AF then the Carlton brass for what ever reason Darth Vader'd the deal and he said GAGF...

Rolling performance based contract anyone.?

The poison chalice here is this "expect to play finals next year" bs they keep rolling out as propaganda.

Reminds me of some dude trying to sell a rusted out piece of sh*t car online tagging the advertisement with "No Low Ballers, I know what I've got"

Yep that's what I meant. I was lazy with my words 👍

The field of "experienced" coaches is very small now. Can't see Brad Scott taking on the high pressure of senior Carlton coach when he's got an old boys cushy job at the AFL.

Voss got burned by Carlton in their Teague sham selection, doubt he'd let them do it to him again.

Can't wait for the final decision to be announced

The field of "experienced" coaches is very small now. Can't see Brad Scott taking on the high pressure of senior Carlton coach when he's got an old boys cushy job at the AFL.

Voss got burned by Carlton in their Teague sham selection, doubt he'd let them do it to him again.

Can't wait for the final decision to be announced

Technically the field of experienced coaches is as large as it has ever been.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Teague was the head coach in 2021, who else is going to conduct exit interviews?

The boot studder. The canteen lady. The water boy. Anyone …. And I mean anyone …. Would be better than the disgruntled coach who knew he was about to be sacked. You do realise exit interviews are to talk about the off-season to prepare for 2022, discuss their list position, talk about ways to improve for next season …. yeah who better to have an honest and heartfelt chat than the bloke half the playing list had a hand in ousting via an anonymous survey……

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

222 out of 368 coaches in AFL history never coached in a final. That’s 60%.

259 out of 368 coaches in AFL history never won a final. That’s 70%

315 out of 368 coaches in AFL history or 85% never won a flag.

Clarko and Ross out of the running. Odds against the Blues.

All the Carlton ITK spitting out Clarkson will be the coach next year, let's see if they're correct or full of it like the Merrett, shiel, Papley ect trades from recent times.
There’s probably been 2 fardinkum Carlton ITK’s, both extremely reliable; although one hasn‘t posted in over a year. The misses you cited don‘t necessarily indicate an ITK is “full of it”. This is CFC we’re talking about; it’s been a fragmented club lacking consistent unity for a long while now. Different ITK’s may have different sources who in turn may have different agendas with different situational realities; all at the same time.

The media will appoint the right man for the job mate, just give them a bit more time.
…and then, in a year or 2 when they get sick of their appointment, that same media will end up sacking him.

All the Carlton ITK spitting out Clarkson will be the coach next year, let's see if they're correct or full of it like the Merrett, shiel, Papley ect trades from recent times.
Don’t forget Clayton Oliver

Chris Scott now ?

What a 3 card trick that would be by Scott

Wring the last drop of blood from the Cats list while fluffing his CV then bail before the plummet occurs to a younger more desperate team where he can top up to his hearts content and be lauded as a genius for another run of finals

What a gamer

Respect

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Blues appeared to have painted themselves into a corner where they will likely now need to offer Paul Roos and his preferred assistant a 1+1 year lucrative deal with a perceived handover. Also surprised Worsfold's name has not been thrown in the mix...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back