when will there be an australian baseball league

Remove this Banner Ad

DBAH0 said:
For anyone who wants to watch American Baseball, get MLB.TV. I have it, and it's absolutely fantastic.

I've thought about it, but it wouldn't be worth it in the long run as I wouldn't watch enough games to make it worth my while, due to work etc.

Their payment process is also rather dodgy, I wish you could pay for the time you want it for only, say a month or so and that is it, without them billing you each 30 days unless you cancel it, which you can only do by ringing them in the US.

What connection are you on DBAH0? I've heard the quality of the streams can be suspect unless you're on cable. I don't know whether my 512k broadband connection could handle it.

Some one earlier said that the ABL did a good job with the youngsters. They still are. I play junior baseball in Adelaide and there is still strong competition and there is also an Australian Baseball Acadamy which is for juniors who are selected for their skill and potential. MLB scouts watch these players.

Very sad not to have a baseball league. I used to regularly attend Pertyh heat matches at Parry Field until that bastard council decided to bulldoze it to make way for new housing (it was the only purpose built baseball stadium in Australia at the time until they built one in NSW a couple of years later). Since then baseball has gone right downhill and the ABL has disbanded.

Heard last nite that they will form another Australian Baseball League within the next two years and Perth Heat will be rejuvenated.

Love to see baseball make a comeback, finally something interesting over the summer.

There is a brand new purpose built baseball stadium in Thornlie. I haven't been in there, but it looks nice from Nicholson Road. It's at the Tom Bateman reserve, at Nicholson and Bannister Road.

What I don't understand is why people can't follow two different codes? Basball is a great sport, and is not nearly as easy as it looks. Cricket is a great sport, and so are footy and soccer. If baseball is Yankee Doodle Dandy ball, why don't the Americans ever win the gold medal at the Olympics?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back