Other Where Does Gridiron Sit in Favorite Sports?

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Where does NFL sit?

Here is my updates, more in depth ratings:
Fremantle FC
Sprintcar Racing
Arizona Cardinals
NFL
AFL
Socceroos
Sturt FC
A League - Adelaide United
NASCAR – Dale Earnhardt Jr
Supercross / Motocross – Chad Reed
WWE
SANFL
College Football - WVU
Australia Cricket
NRL - Manly Sea Eagles
Super 14 - Western Force
V8 Supercars – Garth Tander
Formula 1 – Mark Webber
NBA – Orlando Magic (Vince Carter)
Moto GP
Wallabies

wow........few of you watch plenty of sport. there's no way i could dedicate time to so many. that's why its basically the NFL in our spring, and a race every couple weeks in moto gp and cycling during the calendar year. the grand tours in cycling take up a bit of my time though.

i'll watch some other sporting events, but i dont follow them religously. ive been watching the golden league in athletics regularly though. come on down elena isinbaeva.....world champs begin on 15th.

I guess to me, sports is entertainment, as well as many other things I love, like movies, documentaries, video games, sex, going out, online message boards, etc.

So it's about me the individual with a smorgasboard of enterntainments there to choose from or requesting my time/money. I love being entertained, physically/mentally stimulated. Never get enough of it. So am always open to watching tons of sport/etc.

Good topic!

Defs not as much love for the AFL as there used to be, still a lot of passion, but not love.

I just like to watch sport, and can pretty happily say I can converse about most sports comfortably. MLB is definitely on the rise with me at the moment.

I'd go:

NFL
Australian Rules Football
EPL
NCAA Football
AFL
MLB
A-League
NRL
NBA

Ever since I got into NFL, AFL has just been boring. As I was saying to Woodson in PM's, the beauty of the NFL is every player is important while being unimportant at the same time. The player might not be vital for the play but screw up and the game could turn. At the same time do your job exceptionally well and the game can turn. With NFL, the game can turn over and over again and can be a high scoring or low scoring spectacle. Other sports are only interesting in the last five minutes/ innings/ extra time. Every play is vital and screw up once and it could be game over. Saying that, here is my list.

NFL
AFL
Soccer
Motorsports
Cricket

My tastes change throughout the year, depending what is on.

Cricket
AFL
MLB
NFL
Australian Open Tennis

I can have a passing interest in most sports...was watching Hurling on Setanta last week...thats a great game!

GG, that whole "parents having sex>AFL" gave me a bad image of a guy sitting there on ANZAC Day, flicks on the footy and then reaches for an old VHS instead...just wrong :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Follow Regularly (web & TV):
AFL
NFL
PGA/European PGA Golf
Tennis - Slams

Watch Every so often:
NBA
LPGA Golf
NCAA Football
NHL
EPL & other Euro Leagues
Surfing
X Games
Tennis - Other
Swimming

Would rather watch a video of me taking a dump:
Motor sports of any kind (as an aside, if Carbon emissions are a problem this is the first thing that goes, surely)
Equestrian
Endurance sports - Marathonns, Tri etc

I can have a passing interest in most sports...was watching Hurling on Setanta last week...thats a great game!

It is indeed. I have been to an All Ireland Hurling Final at Croke Park. Was bloody fantastic. And those guys are seriously mad, and amazing skills on both sides of the body.

I still think a game of aussie rules played at its peak is still the best game in the world.

So i'd have:
AFL
NFL and College football a ****ing close second.
MMA especially the UFC a rising third.
Cricket.

I like basketball but not as much as i did in my teens, I can't get into league or union.

Thankfully the AFL and the NFL don't clash (much). Like many here though, I can easily miss an AFL game on TV and not worry about it. NFL, I'll lose sleep for. I think that is because (like NASCAR and baseball) NFL/NCAA football is made for TV.

American football is an awesome spectacle and really larger than life. I find, even on my plasma, that AFL is so much better live than on TV. I rarely watch an entire AFL game on TV, preferring to watch passages of play and enjoy that while flicking between stuff. Still love to go to the game though.

Right now:

NFL/NCAA
AFL
MLB
Netball (that ANZ Championship is pretty cool - very aggressive play)
Union
League

Daylight

Most anything else for patches of 5 mins or so.

I have never seen NFL live (though will one day). Can people that have been say that it is even better live that on TV? I just can't imagine that given the thousands of cameras on an NFL field catching every angle.

If you have an endzone type of seat or low to mid-level sideline seat, it's great.
The sideline seat is like the TV angle, very enjoyable angle.
I love the endzone angle one tho, cos you can see nuances in every play better.
When I watch RL live, i also prefer this view for the same reason, seeing it thru the eyes of the players kinda.

If you have an endzone type of seat or low to mid-level sideline seat, it's great.
The sideline seat is like the TV angle, very enjoyable angle.
I love the endzone angle one tho, cos you can see nuances in every play better.
When I watch RL live, i also prefer this view for the same reason, seeing it thru the eyes of the players kinda.

I have an endzone seat later in the year, I am looking forward to seeing these nuances :thumbsu:

Slightly off topic for a minute and referring to GG's post, I wonder when we will finally get the option to press red button on foxtel and get to select different camera angles? Would love to see a game from endzone side with the choice of behind QB or behind D.

I have never seen NFL live (though will one day). Can people that have been say that it is even better live that on TV? I just can't imagine that given the thousands of cameras on an NFL field catching every angle.

I prefer to watch NFL on HDTV, but nothing beats a college game live in person.
Its all about the gameday atmosphere.

Slightly off topic for a minute and referring to GG's post, I wonder when we will finally get the option to press red button on foxtel and get to select different camera angles? Would love to see a game from endzone side with the choice of behind QB or behind D.

I'm not that fussed about that TBH but would love to be able to press red and watch 3 games on split screen and choose which one i actually want to watch ala EPL on Austar/Foxtel.

Good point TGBB, Foxtel would be awesome with optional camera angles.

Also, on that same topic, remember too at NFL stadiums you have massive TV screens so you dont 'miss' the TV experience at all, and on top of that you also get the actual live game experience.

In the near future, with 3D TV broadcast of NFL coming, it'll be even better watching from home.

NCAA Football - Georgia Bulldawgs/Florida State Seminoles (my alma maters)
NFL - Falcons
US National Team (soccer)
MLB - Atlanta Braves

Everything else is sorta conditional. I don't really watch basketball for instance, but I'll watch the NCAA tournament and the NBA playoffs.

I used to be huge into tennis until my hero Agassi retired. And I watch golf when the majors are on, specifically the Masters since it's in my back yard so to say.

The reality is that it's college football, everything else is second.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back