Prediction Where is your club on the premiership clock?

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
My thoughts:

3 O clock - Swans, Suns, Crows, Cats

Hopefully the Suns can retain their good players.
These 4 clubs are miles away from a flag ATM.

6 O Clock - Blues, Demons, Freo, Bombers, Saints

9 O Clock - Roos, Hawks, Port, Dogs, Lions

12 O'clock - Tigers, GWS, Pies, Eagles

Now is the time for these four clubs.

Last edited:
Not sure about Hawks. We will try and give it a push in the next couple because players like Gunston, Breast, Scully, Burgoyne aren't getting any younger but the reality is we are a 4-6 team at best.
In saying that though, too much talent to drop to below say 12ish in the next few years

I may be being delusional here but I think the Swans can be back in the premiership hunt by 2022.
I dunno.
Buddy is close to cooked.
JK almost cooked.

Not sure how we replace those two.

Still a chance Papley walks out.

I reckon we are a few years off.

I reckon 2023 we will be back up there with this new group of kids.

I dunno.
Buddy is close to cooked.
JK almost cooked.

Not sure how we replace those two.

Still a chance Papley walks out.

I reckon we are a few years off.

I reckon 2023 we will be back up there with this new group of kids.

Buddy and Kennedy are almost done, but I think Hewett can replace Kennedy in the middle and I think in a few years time the forward line of Blakey and McCartin will be reasonably potent.

As for Papley, I know we have not drafted him yet but I think Gulden might do well in the role, and there is always the possibility of Ronke taking the extra step.

I just think the Swans have some good youth, and with another couple of years those young players will be really beginning to hit peak form by around 2022.

Not sure about Hawks. We will try and give it a push in the next couple because players like Gunston, Breast, Scully, Burgoyne aren't getting any younger but the reality is we are a 4-6 team at best.
In saying that though, too much talent to drop to below say 12ish in the next few years
Hawks are interesting.

Rolled the dice with injured players - OMeara, Scully and Patton.

Could blow up in Ur face or could work out well.

With Mitchell and Worpel in the guts you look ok.

You did very well getting Scrimshaw for nothing and he looks like a gun.

Hawks are interesting.

Rolled the dice with injured players - OMeara, Scully and Patton.

Could blow up in Ur face or could work out well.

With Mitchell and Worpel in the guts you look ok.

You did very well getting Scrimshaw for nothing and he looks like a gun.

Hawks are an interesting one, great post btw. Talk about on a pivot, it's north south or stay where they are.

What will Patton bring?.............. for mine will give them a much needed follow on from Roughy.

Also, no one can discount how well this team is coached - Clarko and his magic tricks. Can't be discounted, by the same token it's reasonable to assume they're going further into mediocrity.

My thoughts:

If 6 o clock means contending for a spot in finals but likely to finish between 9th-12th then I agree with the dockers. I wouldnt mind freo getting 8th spot in 2020 with a 9 win, 8 losses record.

My thoughts:

Poorly disguised troll is poorly disguised.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are taking it a game at a time, within our four walls, they say you are only as good as your last game and it was terrible.

The premiership clock does not exist this year, too much uncertainty as to what will unfold.

The Pies,

Well most will know of my thread 'Pies narrowing window - last chance saloon'.

Right now I think the op is on the money, but if you were to break it down between those 4 at high noon, I'd bet they're at 12. and however many seconds into the nekminit. There other 3 dead on high noon, maybe gws at 11.59 and seconds into the nekminit.

It is this year or bust, many including non Pie fans will argue differently. The pros and cons:

Pros:
  • The game plane, earlier this year the Pies toweled up a contender fancy, largely in part that they returned to that brutal suffocation game - it disallows opposition any real easy transition. It is tactfully brilliant.
  • The list versatility and balance, there are many many different role for role types in this squad - likely more so than any other in the league.
  • The list demographic, despite contrary belief that it is old and weary there are high number of quality players in there that are in that 23 - 28 bracket that have more or near 50 games - many much more so. The old and weary rarely get on the park anymore, like a few other teams. Moore, Adams, Treloar, Maynard, Crisp, Phillips immediately come to mind, those guys likely are best 22 in just about every other team. There's probably more
  • That back 6 - 8, depending on the opp on the day because of it's versatility in it's list it can structure up it's D50 to suit very well. Stingy bastards.
  • A couple of fine wines, Pendles and Sides - despite their age they continue fine form. Particularly Pendles, the ultimate preparer and still to this day literally bends time to his will. Sides probably had his best season in 18, if he gets close to that this year then...........
  • Reliance on personnel, over the last two seasons we've seen many in game injuries and less rotations in this team - yet many times were able to overcome oppositions. It is arguably less reliant on personnel than just about any other. An ace in their deck.
Cons:
  • Not taking advantage of Grundy's ruck dominance, reminds of the hawks in their halcyon years sharking everything guys like Nic Nat and Goldstein would win in the tap and around the ground. Seems the Pies somewhat rectified that in rd 1 though.
  • The recruiters and trading, if we are to still contend beyond this year (and the years after) we need to seriously get better at this game of poker. Wells and Mayne immediately come to mind - high end contracts for? ........................ Wells would've been a great pick up IF he could stay on the park. Mayne - in the beginning was a head scratcher - had to grind a few gears to get through the intersection.
  • Injuries - there's no doubt this club has perpetual issues in this spectrum, it's a hashtag that many an opp fan like to use in sarcasm. Regardless there is no doubt.
  • Lack of a KPF, interestingly it is also somewhat an advantage - so long as we play to our advantages i:e the way they play at optimum allows unpredictability for the opp coaches box. It is a very mobile forward unit but you can't play fundamental lead up contest forward play and expect to beat the opp monsters on the day. Have to play to strengths.
  • The tax of the game plan: at optimum when they play to their desired game plan it is uber difficult to defeat but it comes with a trade off. It requires all day two way running i:e outnumbering in the contest to win the ball and at the same time have outside receivers in optimal position. That also means all ground team defence (guarding space), it also means relying on the inside types winning the ball in the contest in the first place.
  • The list talent compared to the other 3, this might sound like I need a straight jacket but if you actually look at the lists - purely on a talent level perspective - it does not match them, certainly not WC or GWS - Richmond possibly but like the Pies they're more reliant on a system rather than out and out talent. Still I'd argue the tiges have more top end talent than the Pies though.
'At the third stroke the premiership clock will be 12.23 pm. You have 37 seconds to claim your flag'

If 6 o clock means contending for a spot in finals but likely to finish between 9th-12th then I agree with the dockers. I wouldnt mind freo getting 8th spot in 2020 with a 9 win, 8 losses record.

You know what, IF they didn't have their current injuries I'd have em closer to 10.00. Alex Pearce being the big one right now, not sure about Cam McCarthy either.

Reckon this team is underrated at the minute.

Poorly disguised troll is poorly disguised.
Not trying to troll.

Just an opinion based on the fact the Cats have the lowest number of players aged 22-26 in the AFL.

Hard to see where the extra improvement comes from to get you over the line.

Maybe Nakia comes good.
You have some good kids.

But you have 7 blokes over 30.

You know what, IF they didn't have their current injuries I'd have em closer to 10.00. Alex Pearce being the big one right now, not sure about Cam McCarthy either.

Freo hard to get a gauge on...

If they are all firing with Pearce down back and Hogan fwd they can be extremely dangerous.

Seems like there is always a truckload of injuries.

My thoughts:

Missed the 3 am train, not sure how you have Geelong that far away. They'll likely be finalists this year, given their HGA games. They haven't been bottom 9 for the last decade? Am I correct?

:thumbsu: ... if they could string a few in a row, lift the belief.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back