Analysis Where r u at re Roos 2016?

Remove this Banner Ad

We are at 6-0, and no matter where we are, including the premiership we will never be rated on BF.

So, * them all I say. The teams below us have to prove they are worthy of holding top spot by beating us. Until we lose that mantle, we are number one, and no amount of ignorance, excuses or bitterness can change the ladder.

By winning our players are building "that" confidence.

In the recent past we would be confident against our opposition and maybe come out to play against them.

I think now the players are hungry at every contest and are confident in their team mates to execute Brads orders.

IMO we have to finish top 2 (unless its two vic teams finishing top 2, in which case top 4 would be ok.) Away qualifiers/prelims would make it really difficult to go that one step further. Get a WCE, Sydney or Adelaide in Melbourne for a prelim and I'd back us to the hilt.
Once you're in the big dance its anybody's.

I tend to agree with the wider consensus across the league that we haven't played particularly well and haven't claimed any major scalps (Adelaide is a good one retrospectively but at the time they were seen as a mid table team, although the GC and Brisbane wins away have been severely underrated) however we have a steely resolve this year that I haven't seen with this team before; the sort of steely resolve that gets results when you're not playing that well.
That in itself makes be think 2016 is a different season and a different side; imo we can go all the way this year if we give ourselves the best opportunity comes finals.

Top 4 imo will be a lower threshold this year due to the evenness of the comp, much like in 2006 how 14 wins and a good % got you into the four. IMO 16 or 17 wins will see us top 2 this year so getting to 9-0 is a must.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back