Opinion Which current North player would you want kicking for goal from 60m after the siren?

Remove this Banner Ad

Just on the Blight goal. With the recent passing of Mike Williamson, there has been a lot of talk about his commentary and some of the his classic lines in big games that have gone down in history, ie: "Jesaulenko, you beauty" and so forth, history of his calling of the Blight goal is well known, what isn't so much is what he described when the crowd invaded the ground and Blight was being chaired off, you don't hear on this youtube version, but i'll always remember Williamson's cries of "I Have Seen It All Now, I HAVE SEEN IT ALL"
williamson and Richards together were a great partnership.... both are sadly missed

This is on youtube - amazing watch.

Some things haven't changed - Carlton fans calling for frees every time a North player so much as looked at the footy.

There'd be some Carlton people who'd still be having nightmares about us in 1976. First, we stole that game on their own deck and then we rolled them by a point in the Prelim to put them out in straight sets after they finished on top. Sucked in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back