Opinion Which new Carlton player are you most excited about?

Which new player are you keenest on?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought I replied to OP but seems I must have not pressed reply.
Most excited to see if Dow is some gun that can do a Craig Bradley type career and just week in, week out bring the class stuff to the game. Get a sense from recruiters talk he may have that type of consistency. That would be awesome.

Last edited:

Can I say this? All of them .... but I am MOST intrigued with Ralphy boy to see why he went so late. If his goal kicking was 30/30, his field kicking 29/30 ........ his tank OK ..... Could he be the latest picked up player in a draft (excluding Rookie/recycled) to play in a premiership side???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dow in my opinion. Excited about LOB and Garrett as well. It's Dow because he has the most potential to be that elite future AA threat with his combination if skills. Our list lacks elite level, game breaking capacity over sustained periods in games and throughout seasons. Dow is most likely to offer this factor.
Helps achieve the objective of less variance in performance, distance between best and worst, to have as many players as possible sustain quality output. I see the others having quality sporadic performances, Dow is most likely to go to the next level consistently.
Did you see SPS against the Pies!? Match winner!

Did you see SPS against the Pies!? Match winner!
Absolutely but you make my point. Consistent excellence where the variations are minimised. Elite players produce that regularly, not just every now and then. Dow has the best chance of this new crop to do that. Not saying there aren't others outside this crop but they aren't consistent yet.

Absolutely but you make my point. Consistent excellence where the variations are minimised. Elite players produce that regularly, not just every now and then. Dow has the best chance of this new crop to do that. Not saying there aren't others outside this crop but they aren't consistent yet.
C Curnow rarely played a bad game once he was up and running. Also, Cripps.

SPS didn't have a preseason and busted that out, with a full pre-season he will be consistent.

C Curnow rarely played a bad game once he was up and running. Also, Cripps.
And they need friends. I reckon Murphy was pretty good too, obviously Doc, Kreuz, Gibbs is gone but he was great until he got tired. Needs to be a whole team consistently performing in adherence to Bolton's plan. I feel like we are getting close.

And they need friends. I reckon Murphy was pretty good too, obviously Doc, Kreuz, Gibbs is gone but he was great until he got tired. Needs to be a whole team consistently performing in adherence to Bolton's plan. I feel like we are getting close.
You said our list "lacks elite level, game-breaking capacity over sustained periods in games". I actually think our youth are some of the best-placed in the league to do just that.

Cripps, Curnow and SPS will all be/are match-winners in their own right. Pickett can join them if his tank complies.

You said our list "lacks elite level, game-breaking capacity over sustained periods in games". I actually think our youth are some of the best-placed in the league to do just that.

Cripps, Curnow and SPS will all be/are match-winners in their own right. Pickett can join them if his tank complies.

Six whole times last season...

Sometimes we forget that the other teams grow exponentially as well.

I'm hopeful like everyone but, I'm not prepared to call these guys match winners until there is consistent match winning.

You'll note I also said within seasons.

Back