Opinion Which new Carlton player are you most excited about?

Which new player are you keenest on?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

For me in the short term: Garlett.

Already has the tools and should be right to go.

Medium term: Dow

Don't think it will take long for him to deliver

Long term:, O'brien

Think it might take an extra couple of years but players like O'Brien are what really complete teams

In order for this year

Dow
Kennedy
Schumacher
Garlett
DeKoning
Lang
then O'Brien (doesn't look up to it)
Stop talking him up Soapy

Really looking forward to seeing how our midfield shapes up. Kennedy, lang and dow are exciting additions, and the development of fisher and SPS should be special as well.

Keenest on dow though.

Bryce who?

Jarrod Garlett! I'm sure Dow will be a great player, but he doesn't excite me. I'm outrageously happy with the Garlett pick up.

Jarrod Garlett! I'm sure Dow will be a great player, but he doesn't excite me. I'm outrageously happy with the Garlett pick up.
Garlett for me too. Rare combination: elite speed and elite endurance. His decision to agree SOS’s request to keep the draft plan confidential implies a commitment to making it work at Carlton. Bring on JLT.

Of the draftees, I'm crossing my fingers for L O'Brien to prove a winner at pick ten. Think Dow has got to be a safe bet barring injury. A few had Obrien going later in the draft so I'll ride SoS's judgement against other opinions.

Of the experienced players i'm most into the importance offered by Kennedy. Really think needs mean he will have a big impact for our side in 2018. Pre recruiting him the biggest hole was:
1) coverage and a chop out for Cripps
2) a player that could allow Murphy/SPS/Fisher to play outside. Their natural 2018 + game IMO
3) a player that balances our list nicely between Cripps/Kennedy and our smaller mids in Fisher, Murphy, SPS and potentially others that might want a run thru the middle: picket,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New players young mature:- Kenndey, Garlett and Lang , of the new young draftees Dow and O'Brien.
2018 draftees :- Jake Lukosuis , Ben or Max King , Isaac Rankine Sam Walsh, I'm smiling already any of one these lads will be just exceptional footballers.

Kennedy, and Garlett for immediate impact this year.
I hope to see strong performances from Kennedy this season, combining with Crippa so we own the clearances in years ahead. Losing Gibbs will hurt at first, but our midfield will ultimately be stronger.
In Garlett, a fast elusive runner, goal kicker and chase-down tackler. Jeffy 2.0. I want to see him and his cousin outrun the crap out of opponents.

Our teenage draftees: excited sure, but ready to wait and see what they've got in a couple of seasons. Hoping to see some good performances this season but with the best yet to come. Some more Rising Star nominations would be a great sign...

Last edited:
In my mind there's still nothing better in the game than a raking left foot kicker with pin point accuracy and great vision.

I love a great mark and speed and all that stuff but my single greatest pleasure is watching a player kick the footy and sometimes you don't even realise who the target is until the ball is on its trajectory and the target becomes clear.

It's footy pr0n afaic.

We've finally got a few lefties and LOB looks the pick of them .

By my calculations a well struck football travels a hell of a lot faster than any player. If the kicker can spot a teammate with ease and to his teammates advantage you have a great weapon. GWS might have us covered for run and carry but we can combat that run with fast, long effective disposal - Charlie, Obrien, and Gus look to be our aces in that regard. Murphy, SPS and Tom W go alright in that regard as well.

Would love to be more exited by any of the new players, but as usual we have the laziest media/web site. Any chance of some training footage - time trail? Paddy Dow even holding a footy?

Nope we get some Tony de Balfo historical story no one gives a **** about!!!!!!!!!!
They wonder why our membership numbers suck...............

Last edited by a moderator:
Excited about all the kids, including Garlett.

No disrespect to O'Shea and Shaw, hopefully they contribute to building this list of youth as has a guy like Kerridge

The one I am most excited about is LOB. We don't have many like him on the list and if goes on to be the player I think he will, the future is even more exciting

Back