Which up & coming Victorian club will be next to win a flag?

Next "young" Vic club to win a flag will be.....?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This whole thread is about comparisons, and considering AA was announced tonight it was a worthy inclusion. U just mad North missed out.
I'm not mad Swallow missed out. I didn't think any of our players deserved it

I wont mention that we did beat both Sydney and the Saints, as that will no doubt upset you, and you have had enough bad news tonight with Swallow not getting an AA gig.
Not upset. We beat St Kilda. Not the Swans, unfortunately. But as long as we're talking wins and losses...

ipad_0103footy-420x0.jpg

From before the season, though now things have a changed.
Those numbers are wrong, though.
Two of us went through it (copying & pasting footywire stats which AFAIK are correct into excel & doing a bit of maths, we ended up with vastly different numbers and (more worringly) a different order of the clubs.

This post is correct (at least according to footywire)
AveragesPlusRookies.png

And as for "3rd youngest but we finished 12th = THE BESTEST EVER"... 4th youngest finished a whole one spot below them, and the 5th & 7th youngest lists will finish top 4.
Does that destroy a few little Richmond delusions?

North's top ~4 players had worse years but their next ~10 had much much better years.
Much better team.

Even though "4 ELITE AA GUN CHAMPIONS" has died off & made them apparently less fap-worthy.
Which says a whole lot more about this site than North, btw

North's top ~4 players had worse years but their next ~10 had much much better years.
Much better team.

Even though "4 ELITE AA GUN CHAMPIONS" has died off & made them apparently less fap-worthy.
Which says a whole lot more about this site than North, btw

This is why I place us at the forefront. We have exhibited the better depth and a more balanced list.

The youth argument is lost on Essendon as they are at a point where they preferably need to get some ready to go midfielders in to the side.

Richmond has shizen depth and is still missing a couple of key ingredients.

Essendon and Richmond are capable of bounding past North if they can find a few key ingredients. In Richmond's case they would still be very susceptible to injury.

Melbourne are at the point where they are going to cut away stagnant growth and re-invest in the draft again, so they are really 2-4 years behind the other sides.

North --> Essendon (by a couple of midfielders) --> Richmond (by depth) ---> Melbourne (list & immaturity)

This is why I place us at the forefront. We have exhibited the better depth and a more balanced list.

The youth argument is lost on Essendon as they are at a point where they preferably need to get some ready to go midfielders in to the side.

Richmond has shizen depth and is still missing a couple of key ingredients.

Essendon and Richmond are capable of bounding past North if they can find a few key ingredients. In Richmond's case they would still be very susceptible to injury.

Melbourne are at the point where they are going to cut away stagnant growth and re-invest in the draft again, so they are really 2-4 years behind the other sides.

North --> Essendon (by a couple of midfielders) --> Richmond (by depth) ---> Melbourne (list & immaturity)
The joker/s in the (Essendon) midfield pack could well be Myers, Browne, Kavanagh, Davis and the likes. All have ability, and might have an impact sooner than you're giving credit, with 2-3 (5 in Myers' case) pre-seasons into their legs.

Not at gun level, but better than Lonergan/NLM level? (& hence improvement to the 22). Don't be surprised.

Would be the same at North, maybe even the entire top 4/5. Richmond's top end talent is very good, but both Essendon and North bat deeper.

I agree but for an Essendon supporter to list a 23 year old Bellchambers and not a 23 year old Riewoldt and claim Essendon's young talent is better and that it is a fact is just rubbish.

Melbourne aside - Ess, Roos and Rich can finish in any order depending on draw, injuries, development, weapons and what happens in this draft. Everyone has a case but to put your hand on your heart and say one will definately be better is just a guess.

Richmond - best top end talent, never got flogged, 2 AA's, we beat the Hawks and Swans blah blah blah

Essendon - first 9 weeks was the real Bombers, no injuries and we are top 4, Thompson, we beat the Eagles and Freo blah blah blah

Roos - made the 8 this year, 14 wins, 10 of last 12, we beat the Crows and Pies blah blah blah

Also the young list is just rubbish - younger does not mean better. All 3 teams are young developing teams and seeing as they lost to Melbourne, Gold Coast Suns and Bulldogs have work to do.

Combined best team!

Backs: Thompson (NM) Rance (Rich) Flecther (Ess)
HB: Atley (NM) Grima (NM) Delidio (Rich)
C: Stanton (Ess) Watson (Ess) Wells (NM)
HF: Martin (Rich) Hurley (Ess) Zaka (Ess)
FF: Crameri (Ess) Riewoldt (Rich) Petrie (NM)

Rucks: Maric (Rich) Cotchin (Rich) Swallow (NM)

Inter: Harvey (NM), Ryder (Ess), Tuck (Rich), McMahon (NM)

Stanton only gets a game as he would be the 6th player tagged - runs free is good.

8 Roos (because they are the best team) 7 Essendon 7 Richmond.

Remove a player - replace player from a player from the same team.

Stiff mids - Ziebell, Cunners, Conca, Howlett - but the grunt is there - Swallow, Watson, Cotchin, Tuck, Martin.
Stiff forwards - Thomas and Nahas
Stiff backs - Carlisle

Backline run - Atley, Lids
Midfield run - Wells and Stanton

Back up ruck, mid, back and forward all on the interchange.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"I agree but for an Essendon supporter to list a 23 year old Bellchambers and not a 23 year old Riewoldt and claim Essendon's young talent is better and that it is a fact is just rubbish."

No it's not. I was not comparing each teams entire list, but young players with the most upside. All the players on my list were turning 22 or younger this year besides bellchambers who turns 23 this year. I included him because as a ruckman who has played under 50 games it is fair to say he potentially has a lot of upside. Riewoldt turns 24 this year not 23 and has played over 100 games. He doesn't belong on my list at all. If you insist though I can add other players from essendon who turn 24 also such as Ryder, Crameri, Howlett, Myers, Gumbleton etc.

Essendon's list of young and upcoming players is much better. Thats a fact.

"I agree but for an Essendon supporter to list a 23 year old Bellchambers and not a 23 year old Riewoldt and claim Essendon's young talent is better and that it is a fact is just rubbish."

No it's not. I was not comparing each teams entire list, but young players with the most upside. All the players on my list were turning 22 or younger this year besides bellchambers who turns 23 this year. I included him because as a ruckman who has played under 50 games it is fair to say he potentially has a lot of upside. Riewoldt turns 24 this year not 23 and has played over 100 games. He doesn't belong on my list at all. If you insist though I can add other players from essendon who turn 24 also such as Ryder, Crameri, Howlett, Myers, Gumbleton etc.

Essendon's list of young and upcoming players is much better. Thats a fact.

It is not a FACT - it is your opinion. Rance is only a few months older than Zaka. Cotchin is miles in front of any young kid you have.

When was the last time Deledio played of the half back?

This weekend in my fantasy team. Roos, Ess and Rich V Freo, Blues and Brisbane

Who does he push out of the middle? Swallow, Watson, Cotchin. Happy with my starting mids.

Petrie does not play forward pocket - mixing it up for this weekends game. Hope Drewy is ok with it but have to have the Coleman medalist at FF.

This weekend in my fantasy team. Roos, Ess and Rich V Freo, Blues and Brisbane

Who does he push out of the middle? Swallow, Watson, Cotchin. Happy with my starting mids.

Petrie does not play forward pocket - mixing it up for this weekends game. Hope Drewy is ok with it but have to have the Coleman medalist at FF.
Zakka by a mile on the HFF.

Combined best team!

Backs: Thompson (NM) Rance (Rich) Flecther (Ess)
HB: Atley (NM) Grima (NM) Delidio (Rich)
C: Stanton (Ess) Watson (Ess) Wells (NM)
HF: Martin (Rich) Hurley (Ess) Zaka (Ess)
FF: Crameri (Ess) Riewoldt (Rich) Petrie (NM)

Rucks: Maric (Rich) Cotchin (Rich) Swallow (NM)

Inter: Harvey (NM), Ryder (Ess), Tuck (Rich), McMahon (NM)

Stanton only gets a game as he would be the 6th player tagged - runs free is good.

8 Roos (because they are the best team) 7 Essendon 7 Richmond.

Remove a player - replace player from a player from the same team.

Stiff mids - Ziebell, Cunners, Conca, Howlett - but the grunt is there - Swallow, Watson, Cotchin, Tuck, Martin.
Stiff forwards - Thomas and Nahas
Stiff backs - Carlisle

Backline run - Atley, Lids
Midfield run - Wells and Stanton

Back up ruck, mid, back and forward all on the interchange.

Pretty good team my changes would be Hurley to FB Rance to CHB Grima out Petrie to CHF Thomas to FP.

Edit: Also not sure I like Tuck in the team with Watson but unsure of who comes in.

Pretty good team my changes would be Hurley to FB Rance to CHB Grima out Petrie to CHF Thomas to FP.

Edit: Also not sure I like Tuck in the team with Watson but unsure of who comes in.

4th in the Tigers B&F is hard to leave out. Ok with the other changes.

Back