Which Would You Prefer?

Remove this Banner Ad

A little bit of pointless fun here. Which of the three options would you prefer, seeing as they all result in just making the finals. I'd personally go with winning a bunch at the end of the season so you go into the finals in good form:thumbsu:.

Oh, and Happy New Years!

The last option (Lose first bunch, win last bunch), as I'd like to have great momentum come finals time...!

The best for North Melbourne supporters would be the first option, in Winning the first lot then dropping most in the second half. Membership is a big factor for us (no s**t) and as we saw in the season that just passed us, we started slow, and membership suffered.

The best for North Melbourne supporters would be the first option, in Winning the first lot then dropping most in the second half. Membership is a big factor for us (no s**t) and as we saw in the season that just passed us, we started slow, and membership suffered.

I dont necessarily agree with that. I think membership suffered because we played 2 NAB cup games on the Gold Coast so our Melbourne supporters were pretty much ignored. Thanks AFL.

Our first 3 weeks werent too bad in terms of style of play, only results. And our next 6 weeks should have convinced members that we were going to have a much better year than 2006 and they should have signed up.

I dont necessarily agree with that. I think membership suffered because we played 2 NAB cup games on the Gold Coast so our Melbourne supporters were pretty much ignored. Thanks AFL.

Our first 3 weeks werent too bad in terms of style of play, only results. And our next 6 weeks should have convinced members that we were going to have a much better year than 2006 and they should have signed up.

I don't think the location of pre-season games play a huge part in membership. Just a guess, but those who can be bothered with pre-season games are probably more likely to be those who sign up before Christmas every year anyway. And the few that sign up at a NAB cup game would probably sign up a few weeks later, when they go to their first match in the season proper.

The 2006 result and style of play would be a big factor - as could the joke game that was played in round one. Dismal, dismal football which held up well as slapstick comedy; but not as a football match.
And the complacency by the senior figures at the club - many of whom it seems had already decided to go the GC, despite as late as April 2007 telling members to take relocation "out of the vocabulary" - leading to a massively reduced effort being put into marketing and membership drives.

If you can't have a dominant season, I'd prefer the option that isn't there -
win some early games (membership $)
mid-season slump
win again towards the end (form leading into September)

Does it really matter? Collingwood had a form slump in the second half of the season where we lost to the bottom side, Richmond, and got annihilated by 93 points against the Lions. But then we were able to turn it around come the finals and we lifted a cog or two!

Does it really matter? Collingwood had a form slump in the second half of the season where we lost to the bottom side, Richmond, and got annihilated by 93 points against the Lions. But then we were able to turn it around come the finals and we lifted a cog or two!
It's just a poll. Amazingly, it is possible to have a poll about different scenarios.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is better to start bad and then win the last matches as you have momentum and form going into the finals.

Then learn to make a good poll :p.
Learn to get a good life, one which doesn't consist of commenting about the quality of peoples poles:D. You like poles:).

That's so funny. I bet you said that while you were on your PlayStation next to your computer trying to get another internet girlfriend.
Keyword being 'another'. So i'm some sort of Svitlakian, Indian, Asian loving internet pimp am I now?:D

I'd prefer a great start, a poorer middle then a really good run to the finals. That way we get the membership drive going (example, 2006, when we won the first 4 games and got a lot of members during that time) then have our flat patch, but then have a great run and momentum for the finals. But out of those 3 options I'd take number 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back