Strategy Who should be our next coach?

Remove this Banner Ad

Skipworth and Cox would be on the interview list.

What are we seeking? success or just more mediocrity.

My number 1 is Buckley.

But what about Rutten?

Has worked under Hardwick and Mark Williams was at Richmind as well.

Currently with Yze at Richmond again.

His tenure at Essendon was not too bad. Got them into Finals, and likely sacked because they thought they had Clarkson.

Pretty good coaching pedigree.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'm not sure I would trust anyone other than Buckley to completely change the cultural failings of the AFC and attract good people.

I'm not sure I would trust anyone other than Buckley to completely change the cultural failings of the AFC and attract good people.

With the gig he has now, it would be hard to pry him out of there.

Would Bassett have the strength of character to choose his own path or would he fall in with the herd?
I don't think he's compromised his thinking ever

Probably part of the reason he's currently out of the insustry

If we did go Bassett do you think a lot of people will say "it's the same old boys club blah blah blah"?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talking to someone earlier today about this and Chris Newman is one to consider.

Box Hill Premiership Coach. Then Alister Clarkson's stoppage/midfield coach. Now similar role at Richmond.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

With the gig he has now, it would be hard to pry him out of there.
Am I right in saying that Buckley did neither play or coach a premiership?

I think he has an unfulfilled desire in there still. Competitive beasts are born that way.

Buckley surely still has SA connections and roots. It's not like he's being asked to move to Russia! Additionally, he's a guy who has been prominent in the football spotlight all his adult life. He'd cope with the Adelaide media circus. He might even like it

I think Buckley is a sure thing to advance the chances of us becoming premiers.

Am I right in saying that Buckley did neither play or coach a premiership?

I think he has an unfulfilled desire in there still. Competitive beasts are born that way.

Buckley surely still has SA connections and roots. It's not like he's being asked to move to Russia! Additionally, he's a guy who has been prominent in the football spotlight all his adult life. He'd cope with the Adelaide media circus. He might even like it

I think Buckley is a sure thing to advance the chances of us becoming premiers.

I am not against it. It's prying him out of that cesspool called Melbourne.

Chris Scott or John Longmire wouldnt choose to leave their current roles to join the Crows.
Longmire, sure, unless he wanted a fresh challenge with a worse list.

Scott I’m not so sure. Their list is no better than ours imo, and still skews old at the top end. They might win this year, with some luck, but I think their prospects for the following five years are worse than ours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back