Coach Who Should Our Next Coach Be (Poll Updated)

Who Should Our Next Coach Be?

• Alistar Clarkson

Votes: 160 34.2%
  • Adam Kingsley

Votes: 18 3.8%
  • Robert Harvey

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 37 7.9%
  • Blake Caracella

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Michael Voss

Votes: 54 11.5%
  • Brad Scott

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Justin Leppitsch

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Craig McRae

Votes: 110 23.5%
  • Dale Tapping

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Jaymie Graham

Votes: 4 0.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely should be on the shortlist
He was 3 times premiership player under Matthews at Brisbane. and runner up v Port Power then retired coached a local QAFL team.
Was a development coach with the Pies. Coached Richmond VFL in 2018 & 2019 a runner up and premiership then Line coach at Richmond and now at Hawthorn.

Ticks most boxes

but is not getting any headlines

I would prefer (but know nothing of) him, to Lyon, Scott, Voss certainly Choco.

For the love of God- Do.Not.Go.There.

I had a huge post ready but then realised you probably can't say what I was going to say. He's a shifty s**t of a salesman. We've completely changed approach since he left. Now and yeah we're 18th, but I've never been more confident in our direction since the 90's.

Good luck.

BS, you're quoting Caro, none of these journo's know sh#t, they;re just throwing names up hoping for clicks
I'd be gobsmacked if anyone has been ruled out yet, they only just added Ball to the Coaching search committee ffs
I'm quoting whoever said it, I didn't write it, so don't shoot the messenger, it could be BS or it might not

He was 3 times premiership player under Matthews at Brisbane. and runner up v Port Power then retired coached a local QAFL team.
Was a development coach with the Pies. Coached Richmond VFL in 2018 & 2019 a runner up and premiership then Line coach at Richmond and now at Hawthorn.

Ticks most boxes

but is not getting any headlines

I would prefer (but know nothing of) him, to Lyon, Scott, Voss certainly Choco.
Any of Clarko, Pyke, Yze, Kingsley, McRae, Tapping, Caracella, Graham I would be happy with. Please no Voss, Ross, Scott, Harvey, Leppa. Choco id rapt with as an assistant.

Last edited:
Wright was just on 7 news sport, speaking with Tom Browne and the plan is to appoint the new coach by mid September.
Was asked about Clarko, GW repeated what Clarko has been saying, that he is contracted/staying at the Hawks also asked about working together again, GW said no issue at all and that they have caught up this year....
Also mentioned Pendles will sign on for next year.
Watch this space I reckon...just a hunch.

Last edited:
Wright was just on 7 news sport, speaking with Tom Browne and the plan is to appoint the new coach by mid September.
Was asked about Clarko, GW repeated what Clarko has been saying, that he is contracted/staying at the Hawks also asked about working together again, GW said no issue at all and that they have caught up this year....
Also mentioned Pendles will sign on for next year.
Watch this space I reckon...just a hunch.
Oooh

Heard from a mate who is pretty well connected that Brad Scott has the choice between Stephen Hocking's AFL role or the Collingwood coaching job. He describes his source as "pretty good" and is attempting to get in touch with his "very good" source who is covering the Olympics in Japan.
Just passing this along.
I have the same source... Caro on Footy Classified. She said the exact same thing. So much for a long and exhaustive process.

"Mitchell, do you want it?". "no..."
"Clarko, do you want it?. "no..."
"Brad, do you want it?". "hmmm..."

Harvey showing already he is getting more out of the list than bucks. This is why we must go with a Pyke instead of a Brad Scott... who would just complicate the game plan again

The man on the mark rule in 2021 has made the slow possession game somewhat redundant.. which has to rule out some of the older, more minded fixed coaches

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I notice that Harvey doesn't get mentioned when names are tossed up to coach the Pies next year. Lack of wins hasn't helped, but he's probably now lost his chance of getting a senior gig anywhere.

Honestly he could be the next Jock McHale but there's just too much hunger for change right now.

It's partly the reason some people are so against Korda being the president (been on the board for too long already).

The sook is a man of his word. He says there is no way will he dishonour his contract. We'll see.

On his end. If the Hawks blink first and suggest Clarko moves on so that Mitchell can "have clean air" we might pay Clarko 800k and Hawthorn have to pay the remaining 400k or whatever he's on.

Then we afford an additional coach for a year.

Win win for us.

BS, you're quoting Caro, none of these journo's know sh#t, they;re just throwing names up hoping for clicks
I'd be gobsmacked if anyone has been ruled out yet, they only just added Ball to the Coaching search committee ffs

it’s 3

I spoke to the father of one for the 3 and posted here a week ago.

it’s getting sorted very soon

Harvey showing already he is getting more out of the list than bucks. This is why we must go with a Pyke instead of a Brad Scott... who would just complicate the game plan again

The man on the mark rule in 2021 has made the slow possession game somewhat redundant.. which has to rule out some of the older, more minded fixed coaches
Pyke over Scott should not even be a consideration.

According to Jon Ralph on the Fox pregame we have a shortlist of 10 candidates:

Don Pyke
Adam Kingsley
Craig McRae
Blake Caracella
Adem Yze
Brad Scott
Mark Williams
Justin Leppitsch
Michael Voss

Apparently we've talked to most of these names twice and are also talking people around the candidate. The early front runner is Don Pyke; he’s apparently interviewed well and the people from Sydney they spoke to spoke glowingly about him. Also according to Ralph Voss has faded as a candidate through this process.

Ralph also said Harvey is not currently part of this process and West Coast are keen to get him over as an assistant coach for next year.

According to Jon Ralph on the Fox pregame we have a shortlist of 10 candidates:

Don Pyke
Adam Kingsley
Craig McRae
Blake Caracella
Adem Yze
Brad Scott
Mark Williams
Justin Leppitsch
Michael Voss

Apparently we've talked to most of these names twice and are also talking people around the candidate. The early front runner is Don Pyke; he’s apparently interviewed well and the people from Sydney they spoke to spoke glowingly about him. Also according to Ralph Voss has faded as a candidate through this process.

Ralph also said Harvey is not currently part of this process and West Coast are keen to get him over as an assistant coach for next year.
Any of the top 5 thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back