Coach Who Should Our Next Coach Be (Poll Updated)

Who Should Our Next Coach Be?

• Alistar Clarkson

Votes: 160 34.2%
  • Adam Kingsley

Votes: 18 3.8%
  • Robert Harvey

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 37 7.9%
  • Blake Caracella

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Michael Voss

Votes: 54 11.5%
  • Brad Scott

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Justin Leppitsch

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Craig McRae

Votes: 110 23.5%
  • Dale Tapping

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Jaymie Graham

Votes: 4 0.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If those are the top 3 then all aboard the Pyke Train toot toot

The words "I believe" tells you it is nothing more than an opinion. We are playing our cards close to our chest. Guys stop biting for their click bait articles.

Hopefully get an answer soon, there so much instability at the club atm, need some stability.
Is it really unstable? Maybe the Holden centre is calm, focused & confident??
Or is that Social Media noise, Mainstream media noise & some restless members kicking up dust?

Don't make me depressed

He's exactly the type of safe choice the club will back in. I loved when Eddie said Brad Scott was a well respected figure at Collingwood.. bloke hasn't been there in 10 years. The only player still on the list from when he was there is Pendles.. but nah we're carrying a torch for Scotty.

Just a word of warning to anyone here thinking the new coach will see us rocket up the ladder and contend in an immediate timeframe.

Ain't gonna happen.

There are many variables to a head coaching role, particularly at the top level.

Also, to pick assistants that we want coz they look good ain't happenin either. I suspect (and so it should be) whichever coach gets the gig (or takes the gig) will likely pick his own assistants - probably coaches they've worked with in the past. It's also highly likely that this will be in the interview process for the club to determine if it is viable for the club, along side how the new guy (and whatever assistants) will work along with the whole FD.

All of the above is critical.

Don't want to be a kiljoy but we've gotta be realistic and be ready for short term pain to continue until there is continuity and development collectively in the squad and the football department. That's not gonna just all align over a pre season.

All of that is on top is our poor cap space and draft position, on top of we'll be the beggars in getting a new coach not necessarily the chooser.

Yes it's likely we'll see improvement immediately but improvement trajectory is rarely lineal as history shows us. Still confident if this FD (which includes the coaching panel) do their due diligence I can see contention in 3-4 years.

Not sure who it's gonna be or who I'd like - because of all the variables I've stated - but I'm hopeful the club has finally, finally looked in the mirror and acknowledged the position it's in and will make the right decisions to get us back in line with the profile that doesn't fit currently.

If what people say is true about clarko not leaving Hawthorn, I bet you it all changes as soon as the season is over. He won't be at Hawthorn next year, don't know where he'll be but he will leave, probably Carlton

Why Is that?

Scott did a Good Job at North.

Pyke did nothing at Adelaide and Kingsly is just based on Potential
Pyke did more in 3 years at Adelaide than Scott did in 10 years at Norf.

Just a word of warning to anyone here thinking the new coach will see us rocket up the ladder and contend in an immediate timeframe.

Ain't gonna happen.

There are many variables to a head coaching role, particularly at the top level.

Also, to pick assistants that we want coz they look good ain't happenin either. I suspect (and so it should be) whichever coach gets the gig (or takes the gig) will likely pick his own assistants - probably coaches they've worked with in the past. It's also highly likely that this will be in the interview process for the club to determine if it is viable for the club, along side how the new guy (and whatever assistants) will work along with the whole FD.

All of the above is critical.

Don't want to be a kiljoy but we've gotta be realistic and be ready for short term pain to continue until there is continuity and development collectively in the squad and the football department. That's not gonna just all align over a pre season.

All of that is on top is our poor cap space and draft position, on top of we'll be the beggars in getting a new coach not necessarily the chooser.

Yes it's likely we'll see improvement immediately but improvement trajectory is rarely lineal as history shows us. Still confident if this FD (which includes the coaching panel) do their due diligence I can see contention in 3-4 years.

Not sure who it's gonna be or who I'd like - because of all the variables I've stated - but I'm hopeful the club has finally, finally looked in the mirror and acknowledged the position it's in and will make the right decisions to get us back in line with the profile that doesn't fit currently.

Yep. Given the current circumstances, there are no short cuts. I hope the club accepts this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s too much noise around Brad Scott for my liking. Sooner he comes out and takes Hocking’s old job the better.

We seem to be keeping everything else at bay, except his name..

Hopefully all smoke and mirrors.

Why a panel of 5 would chose Scott.. bizzare.

I really hope if they are the last remaining options that it’s Pyke.

Although in light of our own ‘Do Better’ report and the fact Pyke oversaw some horrible treatment of indigenous players at the Crows infamous camp, watch the claws come out from Caro, Barrett and Co…

I really hope if they are the last remaining options that it’s Pyke.

Although in light of our own ‘Do Better’ report and the fact Pyke oversaw some horrible treatment of indigenous players at the Crows infamous camp, watch the claws come out from Caro, Barrett and Co…

If Pyke is the right man for the job.. don't give a s**t if they go off their rocker all day every day.

It has nothing to do with them.

I cannot even fathom why we are interested in Brad Scott its puzzling what did he actually do at North? nothing thats what if anything he helped them in becoming the cellar dwellers they are if he is appointed the coach we will be bottom feeders for the next decade.

Last edited:
Brad Scott led North to two straight prelims.

Having said that, I have been told by a former North player that Brad Scott spoke to him once in the two years that he was listed, and that he lacks interpersonal skills.

Sorry if already posted but if not it’s a good read for those interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back