Who was your most favourite cricket player as a kid

Remove this Banner Ad

Dean Jones

I remember seeing a banner in the mid 90's at a day/night game at the G and the crowd erupted when it when on the big screen

You know
I know
Austraia
Needs Deano!

Was at that game as a kid. 95 or 96 if I remember right. Got a feeling it might have been aus vs aus a in a group game
Not sure who it was against but it was definately 94-95.

The biggest roar of the game was when that banner was on the big screen

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He saw a photo of him and his missus

View attachment 436752

My favourite sledge.

5) Mark Waugh (Australia) and Adam Parore (New Zealand)
Mark Waugh standing at second slip, Adam Parore played & missed the first ball. Mark – “Ohh, I remember you from a couple years ago in Australia. You were s**t then, you’re ••••••• useless now”. Parore- (Turning around) “Yeah, that’s me & when I was there you were going out with that old, ugly **** & now I hear you’ve married her. You dumb ••••”.

My favourite sledge.

5) Mark Waugh (Australia) and Adam Parore (New Zealand)
Mark Waugh standing at second slip, Adam Parore played & missed the first ball. Mark – “Ohh, I remember you from a couple years ago in Australia. You were s**t then, you’re ••••••• useless now”. Parore- (Turning around) “Yeah, that’s me & when I was there you were going out with that old, ugly **** & now I hear you’ve married her. You dumb ••••”.

She wasn't that old

latest

My fave sledge:
Rod Marsh to Ian Botham - So how's your wife and my kids?
Botham's reply - The wife's fine, the kids are *ed.
I love another one where Merv farts at Hanse Cronje and tells him to hit that for six.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Championship_of_Cricket

The first of the senseless one day tournaments. First day nighter at MCG.

Pre match there was a parade of the teams. NZ and the Lankans were still in NZ for a test series, so missed it.

The Pakis and Indians got polite applause. The aussies and windies got huge cheers as expected.

Then there were the poms. Half their squad hadn't toured aust before, so weren't prepared for what was to come.

WHOLESALE ABUSE. it was hilarious. But two guys who had toured before knew what it was all about. Botham and Lamb. They returned fire, middle fingers, telling the crowd where to go. The crowd loved it.

Your kit looks like something that would stream out of a sick dog's anus.

Australia's canary yellow and lime green kit wasn't all that easy on the eye either.

Was there that day. Some absolute monster hits. Some flog called Steve Smith made a few runs.

That was back in the days when you had to hit the ball over the fence to get a six rather than just over the rope and the bats weren't tree trunks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back