Who went to geelong today

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 21, 2000
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
I was just wondering who went to todays game in geelong?I was wondering wat everyone thought of the game the score and which players did well and the areas that we can improve in by the start of the season apart form the obvious of course.And who will be most likely to have a big season out of the youngsters.

There weren't a lot of Dogs there today, so I'll try to be fair.

Clearly the Dogs were undermanned. No Grant, Johnson, Smith, Darcy easilly 4 of your best 6.

Geelong were missing Sanderson, White, Kilpatrick and Corey - Obviously not the same class of player, but probably in Geelong's best 22.

Going into the game, I expected Geelong to win by about 6 or 7 goals judging the two teams, but 101 points was beyond a joke.

Early on the Dogs looked pretty good kicking 4 of the first 6 goals into what seemed a pretty sizable breeze. All looked OK until Nathan Brown forgot it was a practice match and got himself reported - Should get a couple of weeks if the Tribunal is fair dinkum.

Street won all the taps but was tapping to West and Brown and the dogs cleared it every time early.

The Cats scragged the last two goals and cut the margin to 2 points at quarter time.

The second quarter was plodding along until Gary Ablett lifted the crowd with a memorable snap after beating about 4 players. From there the game was lost. Geelong added 8 goals to 1 against the wind, then another 7 to 1 with it in the third quarter. In the last quarter the dogs kicked 3 of the first 4, but Geelong added the last 5.

I didn't pay much attention to the Bulldogs players, but number 12 (sorry don't know him) looked good up forward. Libba played just over a quarter and did little.

Ben Graham only played a half as did Steven King, and the backline looked a bit small from the Bulldogs behalf.

The most obvious problem with the side - regardless of their age -was the general lack of skill. Plenty of turnovers and it often took about 6 kicks to get it out of defence, then it more than likely was turned over on the wing and it came straight back.

Believe me, as a Bulldogs supporter, you didn't miss much. They can only get better.

Originally posted by gocatsgo

number 12 looked good up forward.

The return of the great James Cook as our saviour up forward??

No, its Nathan Saunders. He is our 25 year old recruit who had a big season at Werribee last year at Centre Half Forward.

I was there. A pretty uninspiring game from the Doggies point of view. I guess there were a lot of inexperienced players out there hoping for a game in the seniors when the real season starts.
BTW is it me or does McMahon always look like he's out there for a stroll in the park? Isn't he supposed to be one of our stars of the future? Or is he just conserving energy?

Larry6
:cool: :cool: :cool:
One of the 3 Stooges

I went to the game in Geelong. I can't beleive how into the game the geelong ppl got. Two words for u ppl - PRACTICE MATCH! Also i think the pressure you're putting on jnr is ridiculous.

Anyway... i went with isdog, pc and rocco. The game was terrible but we amused ourselves :D

Originally posted by HahnPremium8
Also i think the pressure you're putting on jnr is ridiculous.

Some context here... He's Gary Ablett's son-- of course he's going to get scrutinized closer than the rest of the rookies, because of his bloodlines, and whether the scrutiny (regardless of degree) is deserved or not.

Nice to hear the crowd getting into it, nonetheless. That may be grass-roots support, if nothing else, even if this is a practice game as you mentioned. All we need is a winner now. :D

And speaking of having a good time, glad to hear that the 'Dogs fans did exactly that. On behalf of Geelong fans everywhere, we enjoyed having you there. :)

Cheers,
William

Originally posted by you_idiot

Some context here... He's Gary Ablett's son-- of course he's going to get scrutinized closer than the rest of the rookies, because of his bloodlines, and whether the scrutiny (regardless of degree) is deserved or not.

Oh i didn't know that :rolleyes: I think they got FAR too excited though. Ppl behind us were actually screaming. :eek:

Originally posted by you_idiot

Nice to hear the crowd getting into it, nonetheless. That may be grass-roots support, if nothing else, even if this is a practice game as you mentioned. All we need is a winner now. :D

Anyone sitting in the stand behind the goals?? All that cheering for Jr was from me :D:D:D

GO GAZZA JR, YOU CAN DO IT

GAZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAA

I went to the game in Geelong. I can't beleive how into the game the geelong ppl got. Two words for u ppl - PRACTICE MATCH!

Should we sit there like "Humphrey's" ?

If the Dogs have of done okay yesterday,would you of just sat there like a stunned mullet ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course not but i wouldn't have been jumping up and down screaming my lungs out at a practice match.

I would have...

Wait, i was :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back