Who will win the Brownlow?

Remove this Banner Ad

broken record.

don't think people have the grasp of understanding what i've recently posted. you don't need to tell me how Cotchin plays, i dont just watch 'west coast' games. i'm done repeating myself. credibility all lost if you dont think beams or watson has as much hurt factor / influence in games then cotchin. nice yellow and black glasses you got on.

Please tell us who is going to win then oh noble one. I guess since you 'don't just watch west coast games' that you will know exactly who will poll when and how many votes they will finish up with. I apologise for my absolutely ridiculous opinion that trent cotchin may win the brownlow in 2012.

go read over a few pages, already stated.

Ok, so you don't think Cotchin will win, we get it. However lots of people think otherwise and the AFLCA medal is an indication that he has had a very good year is it not? It's like you're trying to tell us exactly what will happen when you don't know either. No one knows what the umpires think.
Cotchin's possessions stand out like dog balls compared to most other players because he is so good and has so many tricks that are very easy on the eye, which is why I think he will stand out to the umpires a lot more than someone like beams, watson or thompson who just go about their business very quietly racking up the stats. This isn't to say cotchin has had a better year, I just think his game style would stand out more to the umpires, which is why I think dangerfield is also a good chance.

like Dane Swan 2011 who just goes about his business and rack up the stats?

yes you should apologize for your ridiculous opinion, you lost credibility with what you've posted above. it appears from the replies i get, its only richmond supporters who don't understand what i've posted. being a smart arse and asking 'since i know everything - whos gonna win then?' just shows you have very nice yellow and black glasses who doesn't have a faint idea how the brownlow works.

i have a tally and its a certainty mine will be closer to what you have, if you even have a tally to begin with. having an opinion is fine, i've provided reasons why Cotchin is unlikely - if you fail to understand this or disagree, then i won't lose sleep over it.

i don't care who actually wins it, as long as it makes me money.

yes you should apologize for your ridiculous opinion, you lost credibility with what you've posted above. it appears from the replies i get, its only richmond supporters who don't understand what i've posted. being a smart arse and asking 'since i know everything - whos gonna win then?' just shows you have very nice yellow and black glasses who doesn't have a faint idea how the brownlow works.

i have a tally and its a certainty mine will be closer to what you have, if you even have a tally to begin with. having an opinion is fine, i've provided reasons why Cotchin is unlikely - if you fail to understand this or disagree, then i won't lose sleep over it.

Word 'round the campfire is that Cotchin is rated a $8 or $9 chance by most bookies but due to the weight of money on him, at 50s from the start of the year, his odds have been deflated.

Lol. Explain winners in recent years then such as Judd, Cooney, Goodes, Cousins, Riccuito and Akermanis who all had standout qualities that stick in the umpires head throughout a game. It could be argued that these players were not the best player in their respective winning years but when an umpire sees judd or cooney break away from a pack at top speed, goodes smashing opponents with sheer power or aker kicking a ridiculous goal and making his opponent look silly it sticks in their mind.

Cotchin has the same trait. He does the ridiculous 4-5 times a game and umpires will notice this. He had 15 votes in 2011 which would be classified as average compared to what he dished up this year and without the media hype. I am not saying he will win it 100%, but he certainly has just as much chance as anyone else, he is not equal favourite for nothing.

Didn't say it was an injustice did i ? I said earlier, i would love for Cotchin to win a brownlow. Just not this year as I have 5-6 players ahead of him based on performances throughout the whole season, which some richmond supporters and umpires don't seem to understand. ;)

If this is the case I will be happy :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 5 favourites won't finish top 5, never happens!

A Tuck, Jack, Pendlebury, Beams or Cox, Etc etc comes from the clouds every year to give it a shake. Guessing who it will be to back top 5 etc etc is the $64M question!

It is if you've got about $20m to put on it, yeah...

Stopped reading at "Guaranteed winner".

Anyone thinking about having a nibble on lids at 6.00 for the Richmond team votes?

Don't. Throw your money straight in the fire if you're looking for something exotic to do with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back