Media Who will win the EKA?

Remove this Banner Ad

While I love my Wazza teammates for putting my name up, I don't honestly believe I am in contention for this. I would have loved to have made a greater impact this season but just didn't quite have as much time up my sleeve as I would have liked.

The Sweet FA is a pretty random place, and it can be pretty daunting to properly find your feet. Having spent a lot of time on the Bay, there are some really big characters there, but this comp is next level for big identities. The upper echelon are some of the cream of the crop on Bigfooty from my experience, or a seething mass of reprobates, depending on how you want to look at it. That takes some getting used to, and hats off to those who have found their niche as rookies and find themselves right in the mix for the EKA.

Scandal aside, I personally think it has to be kdavva74.

No single poster has made the media contribution he has to the comp this season in my opinion, let alone as a rookie, the majority of which has been outstanding. There's fairly significant daylight for mine, but I am pretty sure Barrybran and Nunez will poll strongly and Sab22 seems to have found a good rhythm too. Good luck guys. :thumbsu:

TL/DR Good luck to those in the hunt. Scandal or not it has to be dav. In a league that thrives on 'personas', he has made the greatest contribution to the comp of the S26 rookies.

Last edited:
While I love my Wazza teammates for putting my name up, I don't honestly believe I am in contention for this. I would have loved to have made a greater impact this season but just didn't quite have as much time up my sleeve as I would have liked.

The Sweet FA is a pretty random place, and it can be pretty daunting to properly find your feet. Having spent a lot of time on the Bay, there are some really big characters there, but this comp is next level for big identities. The upper echelon are some of the cream of the crop on Bigfooty from my experience, or a seething mass of reprobates, depending on how you want to look at it. That takes some getting used to, and hats off to those who have found their niche as rookies and find themselves right in the mix for the EKA.

No single poster has made the media contribution he has to the comp this season in my opinion, let alone as a rookie, the majority of which has been outstanding. There's fairly significant daylight for mine, but I am pretty sure Barrybran and Nunez will poll strongly and Sab22 seems to have found a good rhythm too. Good luck guys. :thumbsu:

TL/DR Good luck to those in the hunt. Scandal or not it has to be dav. In a league that thrives on 'personas', he has made the greatest contribution to the comp of the S26 rookies.

Cheers mate. I hope we see more of Jon Qalph in S27.

My biased and unbiased opinion is one of kdavva74 or Barrybran . Preferably a tie.

Look Tandz, at the end of the day, he's my teammate, so if he wins, I'll probably leave the club and never talk to him again.

This seasons rookies were the most batshit boring bunch of blokes I’ve ever come across on the internet and I have browsed online chess forums for almost a decade.

Anyways, one of them has to win the EKA. Who will it be?
I'm in favour of a #NoVote if needed.

My biased and unbiased opinion is one of kdavva74 or Barrybran . Preferably a tie.
* that poser! No ties! Just gimme my damn EKA.

I don't know how the voting is done but I assume those in the know have seen the amount of work Dav has put in outside of match threads and media. He's a future league admin in waiting.

Look Tandz, at the end of the day, he's my teammate, so if he wins, I'll probably leave the club and never talk to him again.
This. I look forward to seeingyou finally play a game for the Royals :p

**** that poser! No ties! Just gimme my damn EKA.

I don't know how the voting is done but I assume those in the know have seen the amount of work Dav has put in outside of match threads and media. He's a future league admin in waiting.

He's destined for greatness.
S26- Bear rookie, Media hound
S27- Royals Captain, Media Overlord
S28- League Admin, SFA Media Communication Officer

**** that poser! No ties! Just gimme my damn EKA.

You may wanna see how voting is done before doing any victory laps ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That sab22 mention earned you my highest respect

Remove this Banner Ad

Back