Who's closer to a flag? Adelaide, Port Adelaide or Fremantle?

Who wins their next flag before the others?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No, crows have a couple of defenders already injured for the start of 2024 season. There midfield is one paced also.
Port will be top 4 again crows 7 - 10
Port will sure up the defence during the trade period. Georgidies will be like a new recruit and wines might actually have a preseason this time.
So ports list next year will be better than this year. The question will be whether ken will do a choco and have the last laugh at those who have potted him or fail again in finals. Will be interesting to watch.
Port have a good list that's being held back by their coach.
I see them finishing 10th which is their favourite spot on the ladder under Hinkley.

crows highest rated players last night were crouch, obrien laird and Dawson , all aged between 26-30.

these guys are going to be gone or end of the careers by the time the next gen are close to ready.

for instance by the time rankine , soligo, thilthorpe , rachele curtain etc are around that 23-26 age bracket ie pre-prime years Dawson will be 29 and the rest gone.

if it takes the next 3 years of drafts to unearth the crows next gen of midfielders they're going to be around 23+ years old and and Dawson will be finished.

the crows need to absolutely nail the next few drafts with some rapidly developing mids and probably trade in some players like Dawson or end up a mid table team at best.

the saving hope for the crows is that there is a bunch of young south Aussies in the league developing who might be available to come back to Sa via trade or free agency and cause of ports fairly stacked list the crows have some chance to be able to get them by throwing money at them

the saving hope for the crows is that there is a bunch of young south Aussies in the league developing who might be available to come back to Sa via trade or free agency and cause of ports fairly stacked list the crows have some chance to be able to get them by throwing money at them

lol.

Port and Crows don’t have a mortgage on every young South Australian in the league like they like to make out.

Their clubs both certainly think the same also.

lol.

Port and Crows don’t have a mortgage on every young South Australian in the league like they like to make out.

where have I said anything of the sort?

'there is a bunch of young south Aussies in the league developing who might be available to come back to Sa via trade or free agency'

still sore about Jason leaving eh.

where have I said anything of the sort?

'there is a bunch of young south Aussies in the league developing who might be available to come back to Sa via trade or free agency'

still sore about Jason leaving eh.

No, your assumption that a bunch of young South Aussies around the league are just there for your rebuild is amusing.

I remember hearing these things about Matthew Pavlich.
Crows were into him but he didn't want to return to SA.

I remember hearing these things about Matthew Pavlich.
Crows were into him but he didn't want to return to SA.

at no point have I ever said every sa star is going to return.

ive simply said throwing money at the many sa kids around the league is one way the crows might be able accelerate their list build

Wouldn’t be shocked if Port were the dominant team this year. Potentially epic midfield and have fixed up their deficiencies in the ruck and key defence sufficiently. A lot of it will depend on how Dixon holds up.

Dixon isn't our most important kf, Marshall is,

tho lord going down is a massive blow for us.

hes interchangeable with Dixon and we could have picked between them on form / kept Dixon fresh by giving him some weeks off.

instead Hinkley will run him into the ground by finals.

I reckon were top 4 this year but have question marks about winning 2+ finals with this coach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn’t be shocked if Port were the dominant team this year. Potentially epic midfield and have fixed up their deficiencies in the ruck and key defence sufficiently. A lot of it will depend on how Dixon holds up.
Port have a sub standard coaching panel, with Carr being the only coach who is any good.
This will ultimately lead to another mediocre season and a potentially great list wasted.

lol.

why not?

Your club/supporters seemed to think you had a mortgage on EVERY states young talent last year (Riley sanders??)
thanks to supposed “deserved” AFL welfare

Freo is 6 months away and I can’t see the SA teams getting one before then
Freo might be serious contenders from ‘26.
Might make finals this year and be a solid 4th/5th in 25, and hopefully finishing top 2 from 26-29.
Need a couple more years building fwd line and a classy small fwd to replace walters. No need to chase mature talent yet. Wait for a full blown tilt, hopefully, 26-29.

Back