Who's closer to a flag, Fremantle or West Coast?

Who is closer to a flag, Fremantle or West Coast

• Fremantle

Votes: 247 62.8%
  • West Coast

Votes: 146 37.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last AFL goal ever kicked on Subiaco Oval.

Runs back with the flight of the ball at full tilt, takes the mark, collects the post and calmly slots the goal that guarantees his side a shot at finals footy - Jack Darling, peaheart :rolleyes:
Yet Darling was as Effective as the crows power Stance in the 2015 Grand final.

Kicked 50 when Kennedy missed about 15 games as a second year player.

It is not unreasonable to assume Darling could kick 60 if Kennedy was entirely missing. We target him (JK) a lot - something like 70% of our forward entries go towards him in the past two years (there was an article on this last year, sorry can't find it at at the moment).
Darling wasn't entirely by himself in 2012, Your mob still aha Quentin Lynch still on the eagles list.

As I said, I am willing to see through this Ross Lyon rebuild. Yeah we got 8 wins in 2017. Them main thing was last year Freo gave games to the youf, especially the 1st year players.

And we all know hat big footy is all about. Its not about who win the flag, its about who ha the best youf.

Darling wasn't entirely by himself in 2012, Your mob still aha Quentin Lynch still on the eagles list.

As I said, I am willing to see through this Ross Lyon rebuild. Yeah we got 8 wins in 2017. Them main thing was last year Freo gave games to the youf, especially the 1st year players.

And we all know hat big footy is all about. Its not about who win the flag, its about who ha the best youf.

Lynch kicked 30 in 2012 and was clearly on his way out (went to Collingwood the year after and retired the year after that). Darling has the talent as long as he sees the ball being kicked towards him imo. Did well towards the latter half of 2017 which shows that he can still step it up another level.

Yeah I don't fault the rebuild policy, I'm not one of those nuffies, we cannot judge the success of a rebuild until a couple more years have passed.

I think as long as players like Mark LeCras and Chris Masten are forced to fight for their spots we are on the right track, but I am realistic in believing our youth isn't amongst the best in the competition. We need a bit more luck than usual to contend with this current list.

Last AFL goal ever kicked on Subiaco Oval.

Runs back with the flight of the ball at full tilt, takes the mark, collects the post and calmly slots the goal that guarantees his side a shot at finals footy - Jack Darling, peaheart :rolleyes:
Built like Tarzan, plays like Jane.
Mhda4jn.jpg

And the free kick rubbish, the bloke is a disgrace.

Built like Tarzan, plays like Jane.
Mhda4jn.jpg

And the free kick rubbish, the bloke is a disgrace.
I have said it before and I will say it Again. His the tough man Tony Abbott of the AFL. He looks tough, but the moment he has competition or has to fight someone one on one, he backs down like tony abbotts budgie smugglers.

He might kick more goals than Pavlich , Because Pav did not play his whole career as a forward. But i can tell you what he won't do is Gain AA selection as a midfielder a CHB ,And a forward
Yeah tongue in cheek about Pavlich. Pav is one of the greats but Darling is a proven goal kicker and is a valuable asset to WC. You’d be wrapt to have a kpf with a record like his

Taberner looks a player to me, he's tall and just taking a tad longer to develop...I suspect he will have a break out year, a lot to like about him for mine.
Given the expected development from McCarthy, the Fremantle forward line isn't all doom and gloom, especially when you rotate a fully fit Fyfe through there.

In saying that I expect my mob to have the most dynamic forward line they've had in a very long time.

Last edited:
Darling is serviceable but seems to be one of those players that performs when its easy or not critical, but brings nothing when the going’s tough or the chips are down.

Darling is serviceable but seems to be one of those players that performs when its easy or not critical, but brings nothing when the going’s tough or the chips are down.

In the last home and away game when finals were on the line count? Obviously his 2015 GF was terrible but he wasn't the only one.

In the last home and away game when finals were on the line count? Obviously his 2015 GF was terrible but he wasn't the only one.
Well People do a massive Dog Poo on Hayden Ballantyne for his efforts in the 2013 GF. In 2014 he had his best ever season kicking 49 goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also kicked 3 goals in the elimination final last year against Port.

Well People do a massive Dog Poo on Hayden Ballantyne for his efforts in the 2013 GF. In 2014 he had his best ever season kicking 49 goals.
No one has mentioned Ballantyne. You just seem to have a unhealthy fixation with Darling and Tony Abbott

Port had a tiny and inexperienced back line in that game. Started the game up against Hamish Hartlett (!!) and kicked the first two of the game - then largely unsighted.

Match sealing mark and goal in the previous game when finals was on the line until the very end.

Like I said, not the only one to s**t the bed on GF day and he has generally done relatively okay in 'big' games since.

Taberner looks a player to me, he's tall and just taking a tad longer to develop...I suspect he will have a break out year, a lot to like about him for mine.
Given the expected development from McCarthy, the Fremantle forward line isn't all doom and gloom, especially when you rotate a fully fit Fyfe through there.

In saying that I expect my mob to have the most dynamic forward line they've had in a very long time.
If Rioli and Ryan come on and excel at Afl level it would be a dynamic forward line for sure .60 + from those two and that forward line would look strong .Time will tell .If they fail to live up to expectations then your small forward stocks are looking thin , With Le Cras looking like his best footy has already been played( same as Ballantyne) . Cripps is o.k but not a world beater , Jetta ?? well he's like a box of chocolates you don't know what you are going to get .( i know Jetta is technically not a small forward ) but runs through half forward at times so that's why he's mentioned .

Last edited:
Midfielders win flags, the Eagles have one good midfield player in Shuey, after that we have b graders at best. Club has not sorted out the midfield for over 10 years.
Fremantle are Closer unfortunately.

If I was a betting man I'd have to put all my money on Geelong this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back